You are Here:
Artifice and Arcane deck list question

Author (Read 1378 times)

Artifice and Arcane deck list question
« on: June 13, 2016, 07:19:53 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I wasn't having a lot of luck doing research myself online, but I am trying to find out what all of the Artifice and all of the Arcane decks that have been made by Ellusionist are.

Here is what I have been able to figure out:
Arcane has: Gold, White, Black and Red
Artifice has: Blue, Emerald (Green), Purple, Red, Gold Tundra (White), Black

Anyone know if I am missing any? And I believe there were two versions of some of the Artifice decks? Help me fill in this list
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:25:58 PM by Justin O. »
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

Re: Artifice and Arcane deck list question
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
Assuming you don't care about including the gaff or mini decks you have what P52 has for both of them, with Blue showing 2 versions there and Ellusionist listing purple and emerald as also having v2 which added a border on the back. 

http://www.portfolio52.com/decksearch?qry=arcane
http://www.portfolio52.com/decksearch?qry=artifice
http://www.ellusionist.com/artifice-second-edition.html

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:34:29 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Assuming you don't care about including the gaff or mini decks you have what P52 has for both of them, with Blue showing 2 versions there and Ellusionist listing purple and emerald as also having v2 which added a border on the back.

Thanks ecNate!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:34:45 PM by Justin O. »

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
The two initial Artifice decks were the red and blue Artifice, both borderless. After that there were a 2nd edition of the blue Artifice printed, this one is the current one with a white border. The emerald Artifice has the same border and was released as a "v2" but there was never more than one version of it. After that we have the purple Artifice with the purple pips and the second print run of it that had the pips changed (although these were never separated as different editions). Add to that the black, white and gold Artifice and I think we have listed them all.

For the Arcanes, there were the white and black from the start, and the gold Arcane as the limited version. A while back they released the red Arcane and that should be all of the Arcanes. The gold Arcanes are printed with performance coating/magic finish but were not marked as such (the first deck to be released with that finish). The regular editions have been printed with both regular air-cushion finish and with performance coating but not separated as different editions. I believe the box art might have had the wording changed perhaps, but don't take my word for it as my memory is getting foggier with each passing year.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 05:26:59 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
The two initial Artifice decks were the red and blue Artifice, both borderless. After that there were a 2nd edition of the blue Artifice printed, this one is the current one with a white border. The emerald Artifice has the same border and was released as a "v2" but there was never more than one version of it. After that we have the purple Artifice with the purple pips and the second print run of it that had the pips changed (although these were never separated as different editions). Add to that the black, white and gold Artifice and I think we have listed them all.

For the Arcanes, there were the white and black from the start, and the gold Arcane as the limited version. A while back they released the red Arcane and that should be all of the Arcanes. The gold Arcanes are printed with performance coating/magic finish but were not marked as such (the first deck to be released with that finish). The regular editions have been printed with both regular air-cushion finish and with performance coating but not separated as different editions. I believe the box art might have had the wording changed perhaps, but don't take my word for it as my memory is getting foggier with each passing year.

Awesome! great info Marcus, thank you