• Forum Regular
No single backer yet?

Re: Feudal Japan Playing Cards now live on KS
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 08:17:13 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Well I am not too sure about this deck.
The coloured border on the front face is not a good thing, at least that is what I think.
and for the number cards there is no pip index on the corner, I would think it will be hard to tell what suit you have if you get the number 2 or 3 (even the court cards).
when you spread your cards you will need to be able to see the number and suit of each cards, especially in a game of poker. Of course it is different in case of magic trick, where you can just ask the spectators to pull the card out to see the card.

Back for more

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 01:41:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Well I am not too sure about this deck.
The coloured border on the front face is not a good thing, at least that is what I think.
and for the number cards there is no pip index on the corner, I would think it will be hard to tell what suit you have if you get the number 2 or 3 (even the court cards).
when you spread your cards you will need to be able to see the number and suit of each cards, especially in a game of poker. Of course it is different in case of magic trick, where you can just ask the spectators to pull the card out to see the card.

It looks like they fixed the indices, but it's still a terrible-looking pack of cards.  I'm pretty sure the art on the back isn't original.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I think they should go back to the ground of this decks idea and restart from there with playing cards in mind. I get the idea, it's cool and that aspect of the deck I like. What I see on the campaign itself, I do not like at all. There's a lot of promise with the idea here. Wonderful things that engage the eye and the mind, but they somehow have managed to miss by a wide margin here in my opinion.

Still I wish them success.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)