You are Here:
Deep - Mermaid Themed Playing Cards by Galen Ihlenfeldt (Relaunch)(KS)

Author (Read 2544 times)

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:35:55 PM by Rob Wright »

Re: "Deep" - A Bicycle Merfolk themed Playing Card Deck (KS)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 10:11:24 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I really liked the designs when Galen first posted them here. Glad to support this project.
There are still a few earlybird decks for $8 available.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:20:41 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
I've got to say that I love the fun way the Suicide King is re-interpreted here. It's not my cup of tea, but it's an unique and cool deck. I wish Galen the best of luck!

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 10:45:34 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
It is a nice deck, but lets be a little picky here. I don't really like the Spades pips, feels a little forcefully pieced together and a little out of shape. The "DEEP" font on the tuck also feels a little out of place for me. Lastly, not deck related, but the dice he brings in together with the deck feels like it will be a little hard to see, especially the Blue/Mother of Pearl/Pink dice.

But these are just minor stuff. Overall still a nice deck to be added to a collection.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 02:36:57 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
I was not sure what to expect, but I like these cards, the custom pips, the original concept, the refreshing colour, the beautiful court cards, really well done!  The only thing I'm not sure of us the back of the card looks like a court card and is a missed opportunity for something more epic, but overall I am a huge fan of this and Congratulations looks like a lot of attention to detail!

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 05:31:08 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
I like the backs....They have that old school appeal of the cards I played with as a child and the courts are more artistic and beautiful. Im in for a deck.
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 09:47:40 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
The Depths Will Rise Again!

Hey!  Long time no see, my fellow merfolk! I've gotten a few messages wondering what's been up with my mermaid deck, and I wanted to let you know that I have a new plan of attack in place, and it will be relaunching in February of next year! 

Really glad this deck will be relaunched next year. :D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 10:47:12 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
The Depths Will Rise Again!

Hey!  Long time no see, my fellow merfolk! I've gotten a few messages wondering what's been up with my mermaid deck, and I wanted to let you know that I have a new plan of attack in place, and it will be relaunching in February of next year! 

Really glad this deck will be relaunched next year. :D
Me too!  I might go in for a brick this time.  Ive got 7 nieces that love mermaids. 
I know youre thinking "man they must be breeders in that family" and you would be right.  Just doing our part.... :karrit:
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Deep - Mermaid Themed Playing Cards 
Title & first post also updated

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

CthulhuWho1

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Here's an example of the Twitter promo I just posted for these cards:

http://twitter.com/CthulhuWho1/status/580080073585246209

Re: Deep - Mermaid Themed Playing Cards by Galen Ihlenfeldt (Relaunch)(KS)
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 01:47:15 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Good to see these funded. AdMagic makes an acceptable game card, I don't know how viable they will be for playing cards so that will be interesting to check out. I prefer the original version of the deck myself, these now feel over worked and lack the charm of the first in my opinion. In no small part due to the sizing issue, one way back, and full bleed distinguishing marks. Still while I won't play a game of poker with these, I'm happy to back and check the quality out first hand.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)