Red Arcane

Author (Read 17471 times)

Red Arcane
« on: September 10, 2012, 12:10:56 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
This pic has been leaked (due to a site glitch that only lasted for a handfull of minutes) and has even confirmed by a reliable source. This October is going to be SICK!

http://i.imgur.com/SaOf4.png
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:59:38 AM by Don Boyer »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

Re: Red Arcane and Red Artifice v2!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:15:05 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Woah. This is epic. I also heard Bout a possible v1 green artifice (borderless). I can't wait!

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 12:16:35 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm split on these two products:

1) I'm loving the fact that they decided to make the Arcanes in red. However, I can't see them going together.

2) I'm not very fond the the borderless Artifices, because they might potentially lower the cost of the v1's.

Think of it how you may.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 12:19:30 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

1) I'm loving the fact that they decided to make the Arcanes in red. However, I can't see them going together.

2) I'm not very fond the the borderless Artifices, because they might potentially lower the cost of the v1's.

Think of it how you may.

I love the Red Arcanes the most, because the originals were among my favorite decks ever.

I'm not as keen on a "v2" of the Red Artifice, especially so close to the Purple release, but based on what I asked it doesn't seem like the v2 will be limited like the v1 release. It seems their goal with v2 is to have it available for mass consumption.

I really don't think it will drive down the value of the v1 RA, and this is coming from someone who has several of them.

EDIT: I have a feeling the Red Arcanes are going to be followed by Blue Arcanes, and I bet those will be limited just like the Gold. A few months ago, Marcus said they were on their last batch of Gold Arcanes, so this seems like a plausible way to restock their prize and special offer pool.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:22:03 AM by alex. »
Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 12:30:37 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I don't know how i should feel...

E said green artifice was the last of the artifice but obviously that was a big fucking lie x2! Not only releasing a purple with black borders but a red with white borders!

The Red arcane i am totally down with. I always and i mean ALWAYS wanted to open a gold arcane and just use it. And while red obviously isn't the same as gold i assume the color scheme will stay the same.

And i guess sultan republic is put on the back burner : D
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 12:33:52 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
unless somehow this is a part of sultan...... DA DA, DA DA, DA DA DA!!!!

lol
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »

Noobmachine

Damn, the red Arcane looks sick! Gonna be picking those up for sure, but I'm not all too sure my wallet can hold up to all these releases...

I would also guess that the v2 red artifice will probably be bordered, following the v1 - v2 pattern so far. As some others have said, this probably won't lower the v1's value by too much, but I'm sure the price will definitely take a hit.
Empty lousy signature is lousy and empty :(

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 01:54:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Woah. This is epic. I also heard Bout a possible v1 green artifice (borderless). I can't wait!

From where?

Think of it how you may.

Arcanes in red would look great.  I'm guessing they took the gold design and swapped red for gold on the backs and courts - hopefully with different-color pips for the court cards this time!

I love the Red Arcanes the most, because the originals were among my favorite decks ever.

I'm not as keen on a "v2" of the Red Artifice, especially so close to the Purple release, but based on what I asked it doesn't seem like the v2 will be limited like the v1 release. It seems their goal with v2 is to have it available for mass consumption.

I really don't think it will drive down the value of the v1 RA, and this is coming from someone who has several of them.

EDIT: I have a feeling the Red Arcanes are going to be followed by Blue Arcanes, and I bet those will be limited just like the Gold. A few months ago, Marcus said they were on their last batch of Gold Arcanes, so this seems like a plausible way to restock their prize and special offer pool.

Maybe blue Arcanes, but by then, I think they'd have jumped the shark.  Will yellow and purple be next?  Or perhaps brown?

The Artifice bordered and borderless versions have their own audiences they appeal to, so I don't see the Red Artifice borderless V.1 taking a hit in value on this.  I'm a little surprised at the release of a purple borderless, though - I'm hoping a bordered version is also on the horizon.  It wouldn't be a shock to me if they re-released the blue Artifice v.1 designs, perhaps to go with the purples.  And I do agree that the Red v2 is for mass consumption - I'd wager they've had huge demand for it.

My fervent hope is that neither of these two red releases ends up on the limited-edition/reward list...

I don't know how i should feel...

E said green artifice was the last of the artifice but obviously that was a big fucking lie x2! Not only releasing a purple with black borders but a red with white borders!

The Red arcane i am totally down with. I always and i mean ALWAYS wanted to open a gold arcane and just use it. And while red obviously isn't the same as gold i assume the color scheme will stay the same.

And i guess sultan republic is put on the back burner : D

I wouldn't say Sultan Republic is on the back burner.  I'd say they have a planned schedule for all this:

SEPT.: Purple borderless Artifice
OCT.: Red Arcanes and Red Artifice v.2 bordered
NOV.: probably the Sultan Republic, timed with the Black Friday specials.
DEC.: something else they've been hiding in the wings.  Remember that sneak peek of a strange but cool-looking box, presumably of playing cards?

I just wish they'd stop with the stupid teaser material and just come out with it already.  T11 and D&D are bad enough with that, though I have to say T11's dramatically reduced such advertising campaigns.

Damn, the red Arcane looks sick! Gonna be picking those up for sure, but I'm not all too sure my wallet can hold up to all these releases...

I would also guess that the v2 red artifice will probably be bordered, following the v1 - v2 pattern so far. As some others have said, this probably won't lower the v1's value by too much, but I'm sure the price will definitely take a hit.

You needn't worry about "all those releases" when they're unlimited.  Can't get it today?  Get it next week, or next month...

They'd be insane to not make v2 Red Artifice bordered!  Let's just call that a given.  But it's not going to affect the value of V1 red, just as the presence of a 2012 Rider Back won't affect the value of a 1950 or 1899 Rider Back...  Borderless Red Artifice would never be repeated unless they wanted to trash the loyalty of deck collectors and the people who paid premium prices for them, and the release of an unlimited bordered version won't change the fact that the borderless ones were a limited edition of only 5,000, of which few remain over at E.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:33:51 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Yay!!! More colors... Hats off to T11 for actually creating something new alongside their ridiculous multi color  barrage... But isn't anyone else getting tired of the lazy new color release deck syndrome??? Am I supposed to be really excited about a purple this or a red that, or how about release them both in hot pink, followed up by a banana yellow... Nice...

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 04:35:04 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Colour changes, colour changes everywhere~  >:(

First it was D&D with their S&M, but it was still okay...

next it was T11 with their monarchs... that was ridiculous at first but seems logical in the end,

now E?! Purple artifices, red arcanes, borderless and with borders and whatnot...

If there's red on black there's blue on black as well which makes it unfair for the white arcane so red on white and blue on white? which may then follow by gold on white... E please don't follow T11.... although they do have a somewhat legitimate reason for doing so.  :-\
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 05:00:58 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Whoops! They are all fake. They clarified them over at UC.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 06:29:42 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Looks like your "reliable source" isn't reliable. They are all fake, photoshopped pictures. That has been confirmed by Ellusionist.

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:00 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
And somebody who created those fake pics is laughing so hardly at you guys....especially at loldudex.

Well it looked too good to be true...a V2 red artifice and a red arcane.*sigh*
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40:18 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Epic...Epic Fail. lol
- Adam

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

moon.exe

• mmm... birds
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Well I guess this goes to show that the community is pretty easy to fool... :\
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Well I guess this goes to show that the community is pretty easy to fool... :\
Yes sir.  We just got punked.
- Adam

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Fuck whoever fooled us and anybody that love em...
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »

Cardist888

Lol i was fu*ckin excited now im just laughin at myself  :)

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Whoever did this should be destroyed with cats and sacks of cheese.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 08:10:39 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That Sucks... :(

Upon closer inspection, I can see the photoshop work.

If it was fake, how could they get the picture to "leak" from Ellusionist's site?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 08:22:39 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

If it was fake, how could they get the picture to "leak" from Ellusionist's site?
I'm sorry for all the confusion. I saw this photo on my Facebook feed, and was just going off of what I heard.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 08:51:31 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

I'm sorry for all the confusion. I saw this photo on my Facebook feed, and was just going off of what I heard.
You mentioned it being confirmed by a reliable source. Facebook is not always a reliable source lol

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 02:22:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Everyone, listen up for a moment.

So you're saying to yourselves, "Oh, we're easy to fool, we got punked badly, etc."  Not that it really matters.

Think of it this way: while Ellusionist denies any involvement in the leaked photo, the fact that the photo was leaked and stirred up such a rapid and mostly enthusiastic response is important.  E is a smart company most of the time - this leak made for an excellent, unplanned litmus test regarding the demand of an unlimited Red Artifice v2 and a Red Arcane.  I know they've flat out stated they'd never sell such a Red Artifice (the reason being they don't want to even risk diluting the aftermarket value of the Red v1s, though it would do nothing of the sort if you ask me), but that Red Arcane deck looked oh so very cool...

Coming up with cool "what if" scenarios like this could provide the major custom card companies reason to take notice...except for D&D, which has stated unreservedly that they don't look at forums elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:23:00 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »

moon.exe

• mmm... birds
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I think a red arcane could actually be a good idea - I've noticed that the majority of the community seems to have a deep affection for the color red. But as for Artifice, I think the purple artifice and an hypothetical white bordered purple would be the limit to how much people will take before accusing Ellusionist of walking in T11's steps.

By the way, that's a gold arcane in the picture. It didn't take me long to notice that whoever did this forgot to color some of the gold off the top of the deck. ::)
A pretty well crafted prank regardless, I'll admit.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 11:12:57 AM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
well that was a fun rollercoaster ride  :)
Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink