Re: movie theaters becoming extinct
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 07:07:51 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Why you may or may not be a piece of human shit at the movies:

- You use your phone at any point after the trailers to do something other than bludgeon yourself to death with it.

- Your voice can be heard for whatever reason other than screaming because I am bludgeoning you to death for being audible.

- You are wearing a hat/have an afro in the movies and despite that, you chose to continue existing.

- You brought a child under 4 to the movies, doesn't matter what movie it is, and opted not to euthanize yourself and said child immediately.

- You brought a child under 10 to an R-rated movie, and opted not to euthanize yourself and said child immediately.

- Your phone rings more than once and, instead of lighting yourself on fire and dying slowly and painfully, you chose to ignore it so that it can ring again.

- You have an obnoxious laugh and, rather than cutting out your vocal chords, you chose to go see a movie.

- You audibly laugh at things that are objectively not funny despite the fact that you should have instead hung yourself instead of going out that night.

- You take up more than exactly one seat. It's okay that you're fat, but it's also okay if you go home and overdose on sleeping pills, too.

- Despite not being a rotting corpse, you smell like someone regurgitated their own shit.

- You think it's okay to sit next to someone when there is an abundance of seats available elsewhere.

- You think it's okay to sit in front of someone despite the abundance of seats elsewhere.

- You think it's okay to sit behind someone despite the abundance of seats elsewhere.

- You are kicking the back of someone's seat for any reason other than being strangled to death because of how worthless your life is.

- Instead of doing a murder-suicide with your whole family, you chose to bring all 14 of you to the premiere of a popular movie, taking up a fourth of the available seats, just so that you can all be loud and fat together.

That is all.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 07:27:38 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Dafuq did I just read? o.O that's a very graphic perspective you have there Alex lol
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Dafuq did I just read? o.O that's a very graphic perspective you have there Alex lol

It was mostly sarcasm, but people that are annoying in theaters drive me crazy.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 01:38:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

It was mostly sarcasm, but people that are annoying in theaters drive me crazy.

I was watching a movie in a nearly-empty theater one fine day, and a grandmother and her grandson opted to sit behind me.  Every now and then, one would lean over to the other, say something about something and carry on a mini-conversation for several seconds.  I was trying my level-headed best to ignore it, since it was a movie for a younger audience, but about halfway into the film, they started another insipid conversation - I think the grandma didn't understand something and was chatting to the child asking about it, or maybe it was the other way around.

I can't recall exactly what I said to them both, but I did turn around, look at the two of them and ask something along the lines of "Are you finished talking with each other yet?  Because I paid to see a movie..."

They didn't utter another word for the rest of the show.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 12:42:28 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
All this talk of NYC makes me hungry for some of that delicious Grandma's pizza with a peach Snapple.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 02:44:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
All this talk of NYC makes me hungry for some of that delicious Grandma's pizza with a peach Snapple.

I'd send you one but I couldn't guarantee the freshness!  :))

So, no - movie theaters are far from extinct.  Sure, there's a lot of home entertainment options, and yes, the video game industry has eclipsed the movie industry for some time now in term of what its worth.  But few things beat the movie theater experience, warts and all, and the studios do still make their money, though these days they're making it more on higher ticket prices and more screens on opening day than they are on getting more butts into seats.  When they create a viable home theater alternative to IMAX 3D, you let me know and we can reexamine the question...  :))

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 02:11:51 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I think I love you.

I'll take that dick you keep offering now.  :P
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 02:26:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I think I love you.

Ronyo, bro, it's Talk Park, not the LOLAQ...

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 06:55:58 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I think I love you.

Ronyo, bro, it's Talk Park, not the LOLAQ...

My bad.  :(

I do agree though, that there does seem to be this mainstream requirement for every movie theatre to have some moron who doesn't know anything about what's going on asking numerous questions throughout. Why do these people insist on going to see a sequel movie, without having watching the preceding ones first?

If you listen during the trailers, you'll also hear that one guy who whispers a little too loudly "That looks good!" after every damn trailer. I'm usually the other guy. The one that says "That looks terrible!" or "That one sucks!" after all the chick flicks. British rom-com on the other hand are granted a special pass based mostly on patriotic pride.
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?