The Avengers 2012
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

THE AVENGERS

Okay so over the weekend I watched The Avengers! And it was really awesome! Has anyone watched it? I think it was really well made and I loved every bit of it. It was such eye candy for me of course (being a female).
I'm not that much of a die hard Fan of Marvel (but I still am a BIG FAN) and I'm not so disappointed with the movie at all.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the movie. Which were your favourite parts and which parts were like MEH to you.

Warning: MEGA SPOILERS here for those who haven't watched it yet. :P

Re: The Avengers 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:24:11 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i watched the video with a couple of friends .. the movie is really awesome .. i think that the funniest part of the movie are when they are at a war and Hulk ride a old beat up motorcycle to the war.. and also when the hulk is fighting with the god

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I watched it too. I am a comic book fan and I must say that the movie a very good one indeed. Enough action and not forgetting some comedy. Even though the comical part was a few brief ones, it left a very lasting impression. I was actually hoping for a justice league movie but none seem to be bearing any fruit. The avengers satisfied part of my justice league dream.

Guys, remember to stay during and after the credits as there always is after marvel movies. I actually missed the after credits but caught the one in between.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:51:27 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

Oooh I love the part when Black Widow was interrogating Loki! She was amazing! And also the part when Bruce Banner said,
"Wanna know my secret? My secret is that I'm always angry!" then he turns into the Hulk and smashes that weird looking flying alien cockroach. It was such an amazing movie! OMG I want to watch it again. :P

And also this part:

BAM!

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i remember it .. when he is fighting the god .. the god was saying ( kinda a example) for your information i am a god , but half way through hulk just pick him up and swing him away banging at the wall and after that say ' puny god'

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:05 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
i remember it .. when he is fighting the god .. the god was saying ( kinda a example) for your information i am a god , but half way through hulk just pick him up and swing him away banging at the wall and after that say ' puny god'
The god you were referring to is Loki. That was the part where everyone laughed in the theater.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I have always wonder why does hulk's pants not rip apart but his shirt does when he morphs.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 12:10:29 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
ya i am referring to loki .. Everyone in the whole theater laugh like shit .. even though next part already alot people still laughing

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I bought the tickets for tonight! Can't wait to see it~

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 12:27:55 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
The wife and I REALLY enjoyed it!

The best part was the Hulk and Loki encounter for sure... the whole theater erupted in laughter.

I'm a huge Marvel fan, and I look forward to all of their movies...

Bring on The Amazing Spider-man!

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
My friends and I almost saw it but at the last moment we decided to go see the Hunger Games instead. (I was a bit disappointed by it). I might go and see it some time soon though. :)

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I have always wonder why does hulk's pants not rip apart but his shirt does when he morphs.
I don't remember where I read it, but it went something like: "What's the most indestructible object in The Avengers? It's not Thor's hammer, or Captain America's shield, it's the Hulk's pants."

I saw it opening night and the movie was amazing. Hulk stole the show, especially his moments with Thor and Loki in particular. I'm also glad the US release got an extra post credits scene, it wasn't necessary but it was a really funny way to wrap up the movie. It also teaches a valuable lesson: never leave a Marvel film until after the credits are done.

The only meh part in the movie was the 3D. Since it was done in post production it wasn't as good as it could have been. When I see it again in theaters it'll be in 2D.

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I came across some cool facts about this film... (via www.themovieblog.com)

· Biggest domestic opening weekend of all time.
· Fastest film to reach $200M (3 days).
· Highest Saturday of all time: $69.7M.
· Passed international box office totals of Captain America ($192M), Iron Man ($266.7M), Thor ($268.3M), and Iron Man 2 ($311.5M) in 12 days of release.
· Biggest opening weekend of all time in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Central America, Peru, Bolivia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines.
å· Passed the global box office totals of Captain America ($364M) and Thor ($449M) and Iron Man ($585M) and Iron Man 2 ($624M).
· 110 domestic IMAX locations established a new opening Saturday record.
· Biggest IMAX domestic opening weekend for a digital only release.
· Highest grossing opening weekend in IMAX’s history
· Domestic weekend theater average: $46,063.
· International weekend estimate: $151.5M
· In 52 territories representing about 95% of the international market.
· International cume: $441.5M
· Global cume estimate: $641.8M
· Crossed the $600M global box office threshold today after just 12 days of release.
· Performance to date in key international territories: UK $48.1M, Mexico $40.2M, Australia $32.2M, Korea $31.3M, Brazil $31.0M, France $26.4M, Italy $18.8M, Germany $18.3M, Russia $17.9M, China $17.4M, Spain $14.4M, Taiwan $14.3M, Philippines $11.5M.
· IMAX global total box office: $31.2M
· Cinema Score: A+
· Rotten Tomatoes: 94% positive reviews
· Audience: 50% over 25, 50% under 25; 60% male, 40% female; 55% couples, 24% family, 21% teens.
· Viewing: 52% 3D, 40% traditional 2D, 8% IMAX, 4% premium large format.

You can read the full article here:
http://themovieblog.com/2012/the-avengers-box-office-facts-figures-and-analysis/

Enjoy

CBJ

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

Hulk is just adorable and you guys are right... why doesn't his pants get destroyed when he changes? Maybe its some form of special super stretch cloth.

anyway here are some photos for ya'll to enjoy

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

(fuck word count)
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
All of a sudden I feel bad for anyone looking at this thread and hasn't seen it yet.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:25 AM »

wo^tron

• w00t
^that would be me  :(
I havent gotten a damn minute yet, but I hope that I can go see it this weekend or something with a bunch of peoples
o_O
O_o

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 06:33:48 AM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

(fuck word count)

This was one Funny Scene awesome movie adaptation though and also Thanos in the end made me cheer like hell great movie overall
Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
OH yeah! a real Marvel Fan in the house! Sweet! When we waited for the Easter Egg then they finally showed Thanos, my mum was like, "Who is that?" then my sister said, "Is that Hell Boy?" I said... "Uhm.. no... Its friggin THANOS!"
Can't wait for Avengers II or whatever it is going to be called. :P

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 08:35:42 AM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
OH yeah! a real Marvel Fan in the house! Sweet! When we waited for the Easter Egg then they finally showed Thanos, my mum was like, "Who is that?" then my sister said, "Is that Hell Boy?" I said... "Uhm.. no... Its friggin THANOS!"
Can't wait for Avengers II or whatever it is going to be called. :P

Hah a friend of mine also thought he looked like hell boy as well but I told them it was Thanos, and they asked me who was that and I told them he's like a space Hulk only a lot stronger
Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Awwwww mannnn.... you all are making me jealous.. having my uni finals now so can't go watch it yet.. i'll have to wait till this weekends... then again, it's not too far away.. just a few more days!! ;D

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

I caught a late show tonight, at the AMC in Downtown Disney no less. Great atmosphere and a sweeeeettt movie!! I was blown away by the action and touches of comedy. It reminded me a lot of how fun it was to see the first Iron Man in the theater. I'm a big Firefly fan so I'm thrilled to say I think Whedon hit a grand slam with this one!

thanks, Randy

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 09:32:44 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I'm a big Firefly fan so I'm thrilled to say I think Whedon hit a grand slam with this one!

thanks, Randy

It was also nice to see the 'Whedon Death Curse' too!  Although I have a sneaking suspicion Agent PHIL Colston will be back.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!