You are Here:
The Great Whites from DMC & Sovereign Playing Cards

Author (Read 8970 times)

Re: The Great Whites from DMC & Sovereign Playing Cards
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 04:09:44 AM »

Sovereign

• True Member
Just a final heads up on the competition - today is the LAST DAY to enter for the chance to win a fully bespoke custom deck designed and printed to your spec.

http://sovereignplayingcards.com/win-custom-designed-deck/

Good luck!

Phill

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 11:39:21 AM »

Firdawesome

• True Member
Just a final heads up on the competition - today is the LAST DAY to enter for the chance to win a fully bespoke custom deck designed and printed to your spec.

http://sovereignplayingcards.com/win-custom-designed-deck/

Good luck!

Phill

Thanks for the heads up, Phill! Managed to get my order in at the 11th hour (literally, it's 11pm here).  ;D

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 12:06:29 PM »

Sovereign

• True Member
LOL, got it! And your first post here apparently, welcome!

Phill

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »

Robert Adams

• True Member
  • 'love your cards'

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
It is my opinion that DMC's decks will become highly collectable as I believe they represent the first commercially available UK-made deck with a similar feel to our much loved USPCC decks.

I was lucky enough to stumble across the Sharks in Davenports magic shop back in January. Reading 'Made in Cambridge' on the side of the deck I knew instantly what they were. A fairly small printing company has done an amazing job of developing their own finish especially for magicians. They have produced decks in short runs for several privately working magicians in the UK in the past few years.

They use good Cartamundi stock and the print is good too. They don't fan quite as perfectly as many USPCC decks, but seriously close! They spring, faro and all that good stuff, much better than any off the shelf Cartamundi deck I've come across.

The tuck box is a lovely matt finish, much nicer than being glossy, and the print alignment on my Great Whites is excellent.

Over all they're a great deck of cards!

DMC is a formidable magician and Sovereign Cards have made some nice design decisions. As a Brit, I find these decks the most interesting thing around at the moment!