You are Here:
NEW DECK- Verve Luxury Playing Cards: Brio Blue Edition

Author (Read 5013 times)

Re: NEW DECK- Verve Luxury Playing Cards: Brio Blue Edition
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »

vmagic

Can anyone explain why they even bother with a preorder? They have no problems selling decks so why not just sell them once you have them instead of doing a preorder?

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Can anyone explain why they even bother with a preorder? They have no problems selling decks so why not just sell them once you have them instead of doing a preorder?

There is something you need to print cards, I can't remember the name of it though. In america it's green and shaped like a rectangle. Maybe someone can help me remember the name.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 11:41:40 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Perhaps that's because if there's a waiting set of preorders all ready to go, they can be shipped out practically the same day that the decks arrive.  Notice that the preorder date wasn't very far from the ship date.  I'm sure that they received confirmation from USPC shortly before they announced the preorder, informing them of the date of arrival.  By doing this, they don't have to store so many of them in the warehouse because a large number of them are going right back out the door practically after they arrived.  It would not surprise me in the least if they already have the envelopes and postage printed and ready, just waiting for decks to be dropped inside, sealed and mailed.

There is something you need to print cards, I can't remember the name of it though. In america it's green and shaped like a rectangle. Maybe someone can help me remember the name.

I would agree with you in a case like the original Skulkor deck, where they didn't ship for several weeks after the preorder date.  But not in this case - these decks were paid for some time ago to be this far down the timeline and to be ready to ship only a brief time after the pre-order date.  It's like I said above - the preorders mean that when the deck arrives from USPC at TBC's warehouse, it's ready to go right back out the door on practically the same day.  It even gives them time and funds to deal with postage and packing materials in advance, so all that's leave is stuffing decks into envelopes/boxes and getting a big USPS pickup (at least for the domestic orders, anyway, since importing decks means Customs documents and submitting them into the USPS computer network, something I'm not so sure they can do on the truck).
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 02:42:12 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
On a totally random note, I wish I work in one of those warehouses  :bosswalk: worked in a warehouse before, it was fun! in a sense.. I just like working for some reason  ???
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!