Hearts Suit
Skyvora

Re: Skyvora High Grade Playing Cards
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2015, 05:03:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
OK, I think I've reached my limit...

Skyvora, I respectfully request that you make a single post with all of your card images and STOP SPAMMING the forum.  You've made seven consecutive posts without a single reply until now.  Of the twenty posts you've made in the fifteen days since you joined, all have been in your own topics promoting your deck of cards.  It's very clear that your purpose isn't to become a member of the community, or you would have bothered reading and posting elsewhere on our boards.  As a community, we do not generally appreciate such heavy-handed advertising tactics.

We get it - you want to sell your cards and are seeking an audience.  You're not the first new artist we've seen eager to sell their deck design to prospective buyers.  But if you're getting no other posting activity for a number of days, there's usually a reason - there's not enough interest on this forum.  Pop in maybe twice a week and advertise - or better yet, be a member, read other topics, offer comments, and then we might not mind the advertising so much.  But otherwise, your time spent promoting to an near-empty audience here might be better spent promoting in front of a receptive audience elsewhere who share your interests and better appreciate your design.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:04:12 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »

Sburk49

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Lol get 'em Don.

Serious question,

How capable is MPC to produce the watermark style artwork in the background like USPC does?

I personally love seeing it in cards but most of the cards that have it have been a white shade for the face. I agree with some of the earlier posts, It would look muggy i think.

I wonder if USPCC or EPCC could do black face watermarking... that'd be cool to see.

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 06:14:51 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Lol get 'em Don.

Serious question,

How capable is MPC to produce the watermark style artwork in the background like USPC does?

I personally love seeing it in cards but most of the cards that have it have been a white shade for the face. I agree with some of the earlier posts, It would look muggy i think.

I wonder if USPCC or EPCC could do black face watermarking... that'd be cool to see.

In general, MPC's print quality is improved but still a bit flawed for high-quality work.  To the best of my knowledge, they use a digital printing press (no printing plates, like an oversized version of the one sitting on your desk) and the process tends to make art a bit darker than how it looks on your screen.

I would inquire with Expert PCC and Legends PCC.  They can do high-quality work, are very competitive on price with USPC and offer shorter print runs than USPC.  USPC has a minimum of 2,500 decks, Expert's is 1,000 and Legends is 900.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:15:08 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »

Skyvora

• Facebook:
I got in touch with Expert Playing Company earlier this week. Very impressed by their work the cards they produce look magnificent. If the project reaches high enough funding I'll definitely be switching from MPC to EPCC. I want the cards to be of the highest quality possible. I'll will make the necessary contrast adjustments to the watermark background once the printer is determined. The deck is launching today at 4:20pm Eastern Time. Thanks for all of your feedback
Skyvora

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »

Skyvora

• Facebook:
Thanks for all the feedback everyone
Skyvora

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 11:03:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I got in touch with Expert Playing Company earlier this week. Very impressed by their work the cards they produce look magnificent. If the project reaches high enough funding I'll definitely be switching from MPC to EPCC. I want the cards to be of the highest quality possible. I'll will make the necessary contrast adjustments to the watermark background once the printer is determined. The deck is launching today at 4:20pm Eastern Time. Thanks for all of your feedback

If you have possible plans to switch printers, check with that other printer (in this case, Expert PCC) first as to what schedule they're on.  It's possible that they might have a longer backlog than MPC, resulting in a delay on your project's delivery date.  Whichever company has the longer delivery period, that's the estimate you give (with a small margin for error) as your delivery date.  Or at least that's what you should have done before launching...