You are Here:
Abdülcanbaz Comics Deck Idea

Author (Read 1222 times)

Abdülcanbaz Comics Deck Idea
« on: May 12, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »

Levent Suberk

• True Member
I made a design based on Abdülcanbaz comics. That comics is famous in Turkey and written and drawn by Turhan Selçuk.

This is a design idea and not completed. I have sent my idea to publishers in Turkey.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:40:47 AM by Levent Suberk »

Re: Abdülcanbaz Comics Deck Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome to the forum Levent.
I moved your topic over here to the Design & Development board since it's still in development.
Good luck with your project.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 12:13:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I made a design based on Abdülcanbaz comics. That comics is famous in Turkey and written and drawn by Turhan Selçuk.

This is a design idea and not completed. I have sent my idea to publishers in Turkey.

Welcome, Levent.  When you have a chance, you should make a topic over on the "Introduce Yourself" board so we can all give you a proper welcome.

They look nice.  Have you checked with the artist for permission to use his art?

I'm guessing that your deck would do well in Turkey.  But the problem is that we don't have a lot of Turkish members here.  The bulk of our membership comes from the following nations, in no particular order:

United States
Canada
United Kingdom
Singapore
Australia
China/its territories

And there's a few members in miscellaneous places - at least one each in Mexico, one of the Scandinavian nations, France, Greece, Japan, Thailand, etc.  It's quite possible that you are our first Turkish member, or at least the first one from Turkey to make a post.  You are no less welcome here than anyone from those other nations, but a deck that's so specific to Turkish popular culture isn't as likely to generate a lot of interest - just so you know.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 03:36:32 AM »

Levent Suberk

• True Member
Thank you for comments. I made this for an idea for the company that holds the copyright of Abdülcanbaz comics. Artist Turhan Selçuk passed away. He was not only a comics artist but also a cartoonist.

Thank you again for comments.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Levent - Your design is fine. YOu don't break any rules.  I like the way your suit indicator on your courts is custom.  I do have to say that is one strong female.  ;)

I like your BackOfCard.  The cut border could be a bit thinner.  A smaller white border is better.  You have a square for your corner badge in your fan.  I've been seeing to many damn circles lately. I see you're going with a dual mirror image with the text that reads right-side up. And the text is in the middle of the card and not seen in the fan.  Nice... 

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 06:22:36 AM »

Levent Suberk

• True Member
Thank you for comment.

Turhan Selçuk was very good artist about beautiful women characters.

Thinner white border will be nice.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Levent - Your design is fine. YOu don't break any rules.  I like the way your suit indicator on your courts is custom.  I do have to say that is one strong female.  ;)

I like your BackOfCard.  The cut border could be a bit thinner.  A smaller white border is better.  You have a square for your corner badge in your fan.  I've been seeing to many damn circles lately. I see you're going with a dual mirror image with the text that reads right-side up. And the text is in the middle of the card and not seen in the fan.  Nice...

Actually, it's easy to see where that used to be a Bicycle Rider Back design.  It's not the worst thought in the world, but wouldn't something more original be better?  At the least, the familiar look will give your potential audience something familiar to latch on to mentally - but if they're looking for something either more creative or iconic and more closely associated with the comic, they'll be disappointed.  What does the comic's logo look like?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/