You are Here:
Bicycle "Venexiana" deck

Author (Read 9405 times)

Re: Bicycle "VENEXIANA" now on JumpStartCity
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2013, 02:42:51 AM »

Lotrek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Yes Don, thanks. I know HOPC and I've been considering that as an option. It's the safest for now, although less profitable I guess. (Provided that they'll be interested).

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2013, 03:20:40 AM »

Lotrek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I hate to think this deck may not ever get made, I liked it a lot

It will be made, Bill! Thank you. :-)

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2013, 03:33:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Yes Don, thanks. I know HOPC and I've been considering that as an option. It's the safest for now, although less profitable I guess. (Provided that they'll be interested).

I know the guys behind HOPC - I had dinner with Alex Pandrea Thursday night, in fact.

While you might make a little bit less going through them, they remove 100% of the hassle involved in running a Kickstarter project.  No shipping to deal with, no promotions, no reward tiers - just your deck on sale.

Contact Russ Kercheval over at Circle City Cards, Emmanuel Jose (creator of the Curator deck, known here as "Emmanuel") or Randy Butterfield from Midnight Card Company and ask them what their experiences were like.  They all produced decks through HOPC and let them handle all the distribution.

It's simple - HOPC vets your art.  If they like it, they offer to make it for you.  When it sells, after they recoup the expenses to make the deck, they give you a share of the profits on the deck.  You also have the option to have your deck be an unlimited edition - they'll continue reprinting it for as long as there's a demand for it, should you wish to do so.  Furthermore, you get to keep rights to all the artwork, leaving you free to create whatever merchandise based on it that you desire.  All HOPC retains is the rights to make your deck and the uncuts.  Finally, when the last of the cards are nearly gone and the demand for them appears to have eased off, either party may decide that you're finished and no more printings will be made.  I believe it's one year after the final print run is created that the deck and uncut rights revert back to you, the designer.

It's worth checking out, definitely.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2013, 03:41:11 AM »

Lotrek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks for that info Don, I think I'll check. It's definitely an option for me. I'm determined to start either way because I have quite enough decks on my mind and they want to get out of there. : ;)

May I ask what did you have for dinner? :P

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2013, 04:09:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks for that info Don, I think I'll check. It's definitely an option for me. I'm determined to start either way because I have quite enough decks on my mind and they want to get out of there. : ;)

May I ask what did you have for dinner? :P

He had pasta, I had a burger, we both had a good conversation.  He'd just given the first of two lectures in New York as part of his lecture tour, in which he demonstrates some of his products on sale, discusses certain card sleights, etc.  It rained last night so I gave him a lift home from the lecture - we live a short distance from each other; I practically have to pass his place to get to mine.  Not that this actually matters, right?  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2013, 04:16:03 AM »

Lotrek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Haha! Not at all!  ;)