You are Here:
Lucky Card Company (Coming Soon)

Author (Read 8511 times)

Re: Lucky Card Company (Coming Soon)
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 07:24:48 PM »

Lucky Card Company

• Facebook:
Hi Don,

Completely agree with you. I have been asking the designer to give the numbers a "stone look", like the pips.

This might help unify the theme within the card and make the numbers thicker.

Although the designer wants to finish the court cards and then go back touch up on the details.

There are other ideas floating around that I want to discuss in the forums once we have most of the work done.

Best Regards,
Martin S.
Lucky Card Company, Inc.

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 11:04:40 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
mixed feelings. (+ word3)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »

Lucky Card Company

• Facebook:
Hi Collector,

Why the mixed feelings? Would really like to hear your thoughts on the project.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is +word3

Best regards,
Martin S.
Lucky Card Company, Inc.

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Posts here have a minimum count - 12 letters and 3 words.  You can't post anything shorter.  He was using that extra bit as padding to hit the minimum.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2013, 01:05:51 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Hi Collector,

Why the mixed feelings? Would really like to hear your thoughts on the project.

Best regards,
Martin S.
Lucky Card Company, Inc.

It is hard to explain in this particular case. That comment wasn’t negative. There are some things I like in this deck and there are some things I don’t like (or maybe don’t understand) in this deck.

I like the back design and I think that artworks on court cards are talented. Very subjective moment – I don’t like the someone of clubs :)

You haven’t explained the main idea of this deck (or I missed something). In case of those death-life playing cards (mentioned by me before) the contrast is obvious. In case of your cards the difference between two parts of the same card isn’t understandable. I think with my understanding of the main idea of this deck it’ll be easier for me to value this deck.

Also I think that the cards are quite aggressive. There are so many aggressions around these days. I saw a lot of playing card designs. Unfortunately a lot of modern designs are aggressive in one or another way. Actually it worries me. I don’t think that this is a good direction for the development of international culture.

p.s. IMHO

word3 - the Don's answer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »

Lucky Card Company

• Facebook:
Hi Collector,

Thanks for your reply, I'll go into further detail as to why the two parts on the cards. It basically boils down to an allusion of the Yin-Yang so I wanted to show both faces of the coin on the face of the card.

Each of the suits makes a reference to what I believe are some of the core conflicting ideals, morals or values within one person. These obviously change from one person to the next based on their life experience, education, social influence, etc.

Spades are your basic good and evil, and they are represented with the idea of Angels and Demons. It appeals to our sense of right and wrong.

Hearts deal more with the concept of beauty and ugliness. These are what I believe change the most from person to person, which is why there are so many styles of art, music, movies in the world.

Clubs deal with pacifism and war. It goes with our fight of flight response. How can someone rush into danger and some just run away. It also deals with the psychological factors of the people who in war become consumed by blood-lust and transform themselves into monsters, maybe not only physically but psychologically.

Diamonds deal with kindness (charity) and greed (avarice). It goes with our intentions when we give something, are we giving freely or are we giving just to get something in return.

As humans we never tend to stay in either extreme of the ideals but flow from one side to the other throughout our lives.

Hope this helps you understand better the project, should you have any question I can elaborate further.

Best Regards,
Martin S.
Lucky Card Company, Inc.

Edit - Forgot to wish you all a happy 4th of July. Leaving you with something extra I have uploaded to out FB page.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:41:07 PM by Lucky Card Company »

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 07:22:18 AM »

Alex Willis

• Discourse Royalty
  • A penny saved is worthless

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I get it, but I'd like to see what you did with the bottom half of the Queen of Hearts... it's a little too Disney wicked step mother for me.  But I love the deck, so I'm cool with it.
Alex Willis
Game Designer

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2013, 11:56:36 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Hi Collector,

Thanks for your reply, I'll go into further detail as to why the two parts on the cards. It basically boils down to an allusion of the Yin-Yang so I wanted to show both faces of the coin on the face of the card.

Each of the suits makes a reference to what I believe are some of the core conflicting ideals, morals or values within one person. These obviously change from one person to the next based on their life experience, education, social influence, etc.

Spades are your basic good and evil, and they are represented with the idea of Angels and Demons. It appeals to our sense of right and wrong.

Hearts deal more with the concept of beauty and ugliness. These are what I believe change the most from person to person, which is why there are so many styles of art, music, movies in the world.

Clubs deal with pacifism and war. It goes with our fight of flight response. How can someone rush into danger and some just run away. It also deals with the psychological factors of the people who in war become consumed by blood-lust and transform themselves into monsters, maybe not only physically but psychologically.

Diamonds deal with kindness (charity) and greed (avarice). It goes with our intentions when we give something, are we giving freely or are we giving just to get something in return.

As humans we never tend to stay in either extreme of the ideals but flow from one side to the other throughout our lives.

Hope this helps you understand better the project, should you have any question I can elaborate further.

Best Regards,
Martin S.
Lucky Card Company, Inc.

Edit - Forgot to wish you all a happy 4th of July. Leaving you with something extra I have uploaded to out FB page.

Thanks