Poll

What do you think of the art so far?

Like them more than fat people like flip flops
Great
Good
Mediocre
Bad
Sux
Stage two, launch date, and reward system of my next deck.

Author (Read 7848 times)

Re: Stage two, launch date, and reward system of my next deck.
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2012, 02:52:36 AM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
well here is about what it will look like... probably. This is a pic from the manufacturer.

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 07:54:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
well here is about what it will look like... probably. This is a pic from the manufacturer.

Which kind of leather will it be? Genuine leather? Also who will be the manufacturer?

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Which kind of leather will it be? Genuine leather? Also who will be the manufacturer?
Im not sure of the kind of leather I will ask rajas, but he is the one who will be making these as well.

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member

Im not sure of the kind of leather I will ask rajas, but he is the one who will be making these as well.

I pledged for some of these decks, I like the theme and I've followed the developement of this deck. ReagonM will you be selling the leather cases separate at a later date?

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2012, 02:19:38 AM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I pledged for some of these decks, I like the theme and I've followed the developement of this deck. ReagonM will you be selling the leather cases separate at a later date?
Yes we will be prinitng a lot of these ( if it gets funded lets hope ) so we will be selling them after the fact for I think 10$ each case.

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2012, 02:21:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

It's probably a genuine hide, but I kind of doubt it's from a cow or a bull.  Cows are sacred in India, aren't they?  Could be pigskin or some other animal...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2012, 04:03:21 AM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Well we should have a prototype deck around a week before the project ends so you guys can see just how great it handles!

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Well we should have a prototype deck around a week before the project ends so you guys can see just how great it handles!
You haven't answered my question... do you know what material the boxes will be out of? Also will they fit the deck in its box or are they just to display one or two cards?

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2012, 03:19:38 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
You haven't answered my question... do you know what material the boxes will be out of? Also will they fit the deck in its box or are they just to display one or two cards?
I just got in touch with rajas, it is genuine leather. Also the whole deck will fit in the box.

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Ok so I thought Id continue this little argument with bmpokerworld and others here.
No I have actually handled them and I am not impressed. In fact if they were so good, I would have people clamoring for me to stock them which has not happened. I do not make wild allegations about products without first hand knowledge. The real point was he is, in my opinion, making an inferior deck and criticizing someone's deck in the process.

Too many times, too many people ignore the facts and just plain lie on this forum to suit their own needs. Perfect example yesterday Nathancards says" he is printing 5000 at $1.50 per deck is his cost. Where does he come up with that number? Under ReaganM' Stage 2 post, he clearly states the decks are costing him $5100 for all the decks. So last time I went to school, $5100 for 5000 decks is about a $1.00 per deck and no where near $1.50 per deck. So lets do the math shall we?

Take the median price per deck which is $8.00, $8.00 x 5000= $40,000
Cost for decks                                                                          - $5100
Postage (including label) and bubble wrap                               -$6562.50
Kick starter fees & amazon fees  15%  ($40,000 x 15%)          -$6,000
                                                                             Total Profit    $22,337.50

Will he see all that profit right away? Probably not. But make no mistake, he is not using Brahma for any other reason other than they are the cheapest. So I am not sure why you keep defending that there is some other reason. He knows nothing about playing cards. When he initially posted, he said he could get Kem made for $5.00 per deck. When he was told he was incorrect, did he say, oh I just thought that is what they would be? No he said " I been down this road before and I know how much they cost". Well clearly he hasn't. He has no idea what quality is, just look this post:

"Unfortunantly, these will not be KEM like bycicle prestige"

He doesn't even have a clue that Kem and Bicycle prestige are 2 completely different animals. But yet you keep defending the reason he is using Brahma despite the fact that clearly he can not tell the difference between one deck of cards to another and despite that he already stated why he bought the decks; "Because he got a better deal" period. Those are his words not mine.

He clearly is only worried about the money and that is it. If he wasn't he would sell them for less. Keep defending him despite that there is no proof to your point of view and clearly substantial proof for my point of view. What is that proof? His own posts.
Thanks!

Ill try to adress all these concerns in one post.
1. you dont like the decks thats fine. But a lot of people consider them the best.
2. The cost with 5100$ was the cost for the quantum grain finish decks, I I messed up when I posted that. I have the quote and the cards will  be around 1.50$
3. You say I am only in it for the money because I went for a cheaper deck ( which I believe to be of great quality ) which is slightly cheaper than 20$+ kems.... hmmm.... Yeah Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit I thought the kems would be around 5$ based on the few manufactureres Ive dealt with, oops.
4. But I am cheap because I could have gone for plastic, well the cards and finish I chose behave like plastic are as durable as plastic and yet are paper and flourish like a god, how cool is that.
5. I was also misinformed about the kem and bicycle prestige thing. I was led to beleive that bicycle bought kem and so bicycle prestige decks were just kems with a bicycle back.
6. Also If I was only in it for the money, why the hell would I spend so much time on this deck? Why spend so much time preforming minute tweaks?
Unfortuanantly though when I started this project It looked like it would succeed ( first day got 600 bucks not bad ) but when these arguments started popping up The project flatlined. Im going to have a lot of work ahead of me to try and see it succeed now.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:30:15 PM by ReaganM »

« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 04:31:11 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Ill try to adress all these concerns in one post.
1. you dont like the decks thats fine. But a lot of people consider them the best.
2. The cost with 5100$ was the cost for the quantum grain finish decks, I I messed up when I posted that. I have the quote and the cards will  be around 1.50$
3. You say I am only in it for the money because I went for a cheaper deck ( which I believe to be of great quality ) which is slightly cheaper than 20$+ kems.... hmmm.... Yeah Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit I thought the kems would be around 5$ based on the few manufactureres Ive dealt with, oops.
4. But I am cheap because I could have gone for plastic, well the cards and finish I chose behave like plastic are as durable as plastic and yet are paper and flourish like a god, how cool is that.
5. I was also misinformed about the kem and bicycle prestige thing. I was led to beleive that bicycle bought kem and so bicycle prestige decks were just kems with a bicycle back.
6. Also If I was only in it for the money, why the hell would I spend so much time on this deck? Why spend so much time preforming minute tweaks?
Unfortuanantly though when I started this project It looked like it would succeed ( first day got 600 bucks not bad ) but when these arguments started popping up The project flatlined. Im going to have a lot of work ahead of me to try and see it succeed now.

1) Your are delusional if you think anyone thinks they are the best. Please provide names
2) Funny how you constantly make mistakes. Shows your incompetency.
3) Who have you dealt with? You have one other poor quality deck previously funded.
4) How do you know since you do not have any samples yet?
5) More incompetency
6) The arguments have nothing to do with why your not getting funding.

Again here we go about how much time you have spent. Even if they cost another $.50, (which I don't believe because you can not seem to tell the truth), that would be only $2500 less profit and you still have not answered the question as to why you are charging the same amount of money as a USPCC deck when you are paying way less.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:09:10 PM by bmpokerworld »

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 05:01:33 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I just posted this on UC, but it bears repeating here:

ReaganM wrote:
Also on the point of the cards quality I do beleive them to be the best, and in all fairness they arnt that much less expensive than uspcc at 5000 decks, not much at all.

My reply:

We have different definitions of "cheaper" and "best".

Rajas and Bhrama make good cards for the price, there is no denying that. You keep saying 'many people' think these cards are better than USPCC, who exactly are these people?

Dont tell people you aren't going to make a profit off these, I sold my Brimstone deck (Bicycle made) for $5.00 and I turned a profit. The average price of the Americana deck was under $6 on KS, you are selling a cheaper deck for more money. I don't have a problem with that, but don't play coy about the money.

Just stop making declarative blanket-statements concerning the quality and 'people's' opinion on it.

Regardless of what I think of the design, I do not want to see you fail. People criticized my designs but I only listened so far, it was my designs and my dream. Realistically though, not all efforts will succeed; be it bad design choices or poor marketing, some designs just fail.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:20:44 PM by Russell CircleCityCards »
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!