You are Here:
Print 5000 Custom Decks and Delivered @ $4600

Author (Read 9124 times)

Re: Print 5000 Custom Decks and Delivered @ $4600
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
So yeah on the ipad it is kinda tedious. (you are right @moon.exe)
Anyway, @kensei777 please do update me with anything in regards to this matter okay? Thanks!
Am I not always? :P

As everyone else has mentioned, samples would be really nice to have. I plan on buying a few eagle backs already, but we would still need samples to get a feel of the other stocks you offer.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I thought of this: if we end up completing the Discourse deck, seeing as I highly doubt we would be able to fund it with USPCC stock and finish, we could manufacture the cards in your factory, if your stocks finishes seem good enough to us!

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I thought of this: if we end up completing the Discourse deck, seeing as I highly doubt we would be able to fund it with USPCC stock and finish, we could manufacture the cards in your factory, if your stocks finishes seem good enough to us!

Didn't you post that already earlier? It's not a bad idea though. It depends on how much people like the stocks and finishes he has to offer though.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Didn't you post that already earlier? It's not a bad idea though. It depends on how much people like the stocks and finishes he has to offer though.
I did? I don't remember that. Of course, it depends on the stocks and finishes but many people said they liked the way his eaglebacks handled, so, ya.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 02:15:08 AM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Rajas,
I was wondering something, my COPAG manufacturer has some problems printing ink consistantly on plastic cards when they have a solid color border. They are COPAG USA so they should be top of the line. Here is an image that shows the inconsistancy in prints. Would this be an issue If I were to print with you? Can you send me or tell me the rates of your plastic cards? Also here is a link to my deck http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1751.0 there you will see my deck so you can know how many colors to expect, there will be 2 decks one black and one brown.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:17:04 AM by ReaganM »

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 07:18:37 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm one of the people who don't buy decks if they are not USPCC.
Except some few famous decks.
If anyone is making playing cards for this community, I suggest you to go on USPCC.
The number of people who will buy your decks will be much more than non USPCC decks.

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Rajas,

I think you are going to do well. You seem to already have better service than USPC. I'm impressed with your pricing. Best of luck and you hear from me in time.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Rajas,

I think you are going to do well. You seem to already have better service than USPC. I'm impressed with your pricing. Best of luck and you hear from me in time.
Ooh... Does that mean you are designing a deck?  ::)

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 11:53:06 AM »

Rajas Paranjpe

• True Member

• Facebook:
Thanks a lot guys will be making STEMPUNK playing cards for ReaganM !
Owner,
Brahma Playing Cards
Manufacturer of highest quality customized playing cards in paper and plastic.
Experts in making custom playing cards for magicians, cardistry, card games and poker.
http://www.brahmaplayingcards.com

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 04:24:32 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I saw that update on his kickstarter. Can't wait to see how they will end up!

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Congratulations! I hope they turn out great. Is this the first print there?

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 01:07:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Congratulations! I hope they turn out great. Is this the first print there?

First print there?  They've done playing cards before - the Eaglebacks are one example that managed to spread further than India.  If you mean first print from a Discourse member, I believe that's a yes.

That also means that we'll probably be seeing that deck in under three months (maybe even a lot under), counting shipping time to the US.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Website launched.
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 10:17:25 AM »

Rajas Paranjpe

• True Member

• Facebook:
So here it is, the website is launched but is still in beta stage.
You can still ask for quotations and browse through the pages.

http://www.brahmaplayingcards.com/
Owner,
Brahma Playing Cards
Manufacturer of highest quality customized playing cards in paper and plastic.
Experts in making custom playing cards for magicians, cardistry, card games and poker.

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »

saurabh

• True Member
  • I love heavy metal music.

• Twitter:
Rajas,

You know me from IC right? Nothing but respect for you. Well done on the company so far.

I myself am a resident of India. So Eagle Backs are easily available to me. The deck had its flaws, but its the single best (ever) non USPCC deck I've ever used. Its beats all the others out there, trust me on this one. So I can more than vouch for quality.

And on this topic, the website looks better than the USPCC site. Haha...
So hoping this co. gets on firm ground.

@digipunk Somewhere in this thread you posted something about Indian Decks not being collectors' items. I am deeply offended by that statement. Any deck isn't collectible by virtue of its manufacturer, but by its own availability and uniqueness. So imo the Eagle backs are much more collectible than any no. of variations on a rider back which many of you deem 'rare'. To me, buying such stuff is just falling prey to marketing skills. Mind you Rajas has never ever tried to 'market' or exaggerate his product as other companies do. And I respect him and his work.
That being said, I have no intention of sparking an argument and you are entitled to your opinions.
Mentalist, Sleight of Hand Artist, Amateur Flourisher.

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 01:03:42 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Speaking as a programmer (admittedly with very little experience in web design) and as a long-time internet user, that site is one of the best designed and laid out websites I've ever seen and your delivery model, tracking etc. and the software behind it really look great.  Don't know if you did it personally but IMO somebody has done a fantastic job with that site.  Very best of luck with it!

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
No ofense, but I still need to say SORRY first.
It is really difficult for me to be proud to tell my fellow collectors : "look, these decks are made in India..." :-\
Dredging up an old topic, I know, but - seriously?  A Heidelberg press is a Heidelberg press whether it's sitting in India, Taipei or Erlanger.  Now, I have to agree with the other comment that a 2-color deck just doesn't cut it any more, we're looking at 10- or 12-color process right now with Chromografix, and have permission from CartaMundi to do a restoration of the Dondorf #1000 "Hundertjahrkarte" in German or "Centennial") deck that broke the company.  They have been reprinted before - with different backs that are very simple as opposed to the original 28 stone (essentially what we call 'plates' these days) having 16-color faces and 12-color backs.  The addition of metallic gold inks actually might make a truly stunning deck!  Restoration is a pains-taking process, but after a few months we should have something to show for it.  You can't just take 1000dpi scans and print the darned things, heck - 50,000,000 dpi just won't work.  It's like taking an UHD TV and showing a VHS movie.  But, that's where we are starting.  The last original deck of Dondorf #1000 I saw sold (last month on ebay.com) went for $1699.  Those reprints I mentioned were done in the 60's (I think) by Waddington's in London called "Royal Gothic" and then A.S.S. (not even going to try today, I'm a bit weary) in 1975, but both as I said have a very simplistic 4-color (CMYK) process red or blue back.
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
No ofense, but I still need to say SORRY first.
It is really difficult for me to be proud to tell my fellow collectors : "look, these decks are made in India..." :-\
Dredging up an old topic, I know, but - seriously?  A Heidelberg press is a Heidelberg press whether it's sitting in India, Taipei or Erlanger.

Exactly my reaction. Heh, quite an old thread you managed to dig up and I have no idea how that's viewed here, but I for one enjoy digging up old threads if I have something to add.

(I did however cut your post short in my quote as you see. The rest really didn't fit in in this thread. Not the first time you hear that though, I believe. ;) )

Rajas, any possibility you could provide us with updated info and prices?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:21:27 PM by Marcus »
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Rajas was last active almost 23 months ago.

I believed we stopped hearing from him because of the various problems with the McClennan deck "Steampunk Playing Cards".  There were so many issues with the prints that he had to reprint it SIX times - turned into a big money-loser for him, and the end result deck looked like mud and didn't handle well.  To be far, I think it was also in part due to how dark the original art was as well - some people were really big on the artwork, but there's was so little contrast in it from color to color the details of the artwork were completely lost.

Regardless, his company, Brahma Playing Cards, became very closely associated with that deck and its terrible execution.  We stopped hearing from him and people stopped asking about him.

Mike, Marcus was right - the first two sentences were the ONLY things that connected to this topic.  The rest belongs in Design & Development and has absolutely nothing to do with this.  I'm prone to tangents as well, but this is a big one.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:29:36 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2014, 12:51:34 PM »

publius

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
  • "Fortune favors the brave" - Publius Terence
Whoa. That was an interesting ride. I read the whole thread - seeing an up and coming rockstar in the making with everyone singing his praises and wanting to get their deck to him for printing; two years go by, and a complete reversal of fortune. That really sucks for him. Them Heidelbergs don't come cheap...
Graphic Designer; Playing Card Addict; soon to mix the two...

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2014, 02:18:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Whoa. That was an interesting ride. I read the whole thread - seeing an up and coming rockstar in the making with everyone singing his praises and wanting to get their deck to him for printing; two years go by, and a complete reversal of fortune. That really sucks for him. Them Heidelbergs don't come cheap...

I'm sure he's still doing just fine, just not as much in the US market.  I received some samples of his work.  There's a semi-popular game called Red Shirts (it's a parody of Star Trek) that he printed the cards for.  He also created that really expensive all-black plastic deck for Alexander Wang.  Among the samples were a couple of stripper decks, as well.  He's had a number of clients out of the country as well as in it, but most are from the Australasia region of the globe.  To my knowledge, none of his decks were produced for the US market.  He is capable of producing a good deck as well - his company was previously known as Archduke Playing Cards, and the Archduke Eagle Backs managed to make their way into the US and were very well received.  They're similar to - but not exactly like - the v1 Legends, though the Legends had superior art and reproduction and an edge in handling.  As they came out a good while before the Legends, they were looked at as being the next big thing - until it all just fizzled out in the end.