You are Here:
URGENT - HELP NEEDED - Designer wanted

Author (Read 1473 times)

URGENT - HELP NEEDED - Designer wanted
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
So basically, for the last few months me and my friend have been working on a special deck. It was looking quite good when disaster struck... His computer and all our work died (he had to reformat the the drive and lost everything). This means that our deck is completely dead, and that really hurts me. So here is my question, is there anybody out there who could work with me to redesign the deck? Concept is there, and I know where everything and what needs to be done, I just can't design and my friend is out of the question. Please help. As payment you will receive half the decks that don't get sold through the funding method as rewards.

Please help this deck be revived, I know you lot are talented.
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

Re: URGENT - HELP NEEDED - Designer wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:37:11 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
PM me, if I like the design I'll see what I can do.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
you should take it to a computer shop they may be able to get your data back.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
That never costs less than a few hundreds and it's never guaranteed to work...
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah it sounds like it's gone. You could take it to a shop but I don't know if it's worth the cost. You still have the idea and although it will take time you can redesign the deck!! I'm sorry that happened  :( I would just pick yourself back and up give it another go.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure someone here will help. I would.... but I suck with photoshop.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 06:36:39 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Thank you all, I really appreciate the support.
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
That really sucks! I know the feeling of losing practically everything due so a computer failure. Which is why i learned to have to bck up external hardrives in case one of them F**ks up.

I'd love to help out though, but I have my hands tied up with a lot of things.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
There's a very valuable lesson to be taken from this - BACK UP EVERYTHING.  And a backup that's kept in the same place as the original isn't really a back up; look at what happened to Carlo and imagine that was your computer and your backup drive instead.

Either do online backup with a service, or do it online with a friend/relative in another location; you set up a backup drive for him to access online, he does the same for you, and you both have online backups at no cost other than that of the drive itself and the Internet access you're already paying for.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 06:44:49 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
You almost never have to format your hard drive to solve a problem these days.  That was where the mistake was make, I'll wager.  Best of luck, anyway.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 08:26:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
You almost never have to format your hard drive to solve a problem these days.  That was where the mistake was make, I'll wager.  Best of luck, anyway.

I had it happen once to an external drive - I was fiddling with the partition table, trying to create a new partition, WITHOUT having backed-up the data.  I lost everything on it.  Not one usable file, even after a file recovery attempt.  Most of the data was retrievable (music ripped from my own CDs) but there were many other files there as well, including all my old digital photos.  I lost a few years' worth of digital photos.

Could've been worse.  Once my ex-wife turned off a Windows 95 PC while it was still booting and managed to break the file allocation table.  The files were still there, but the computer pretty much "forgot" where they were.  That time I DID have a backup, so I just reformatted and reinstalled from a DOS shell.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I lost a lot of information when a guy had to down grade my computer from windows 7 to vista because windows found the crack he used to get it on my computer. since then i always back up things on a flash drive.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 06:57:02 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I lost a lot of information when a guy had to down grade my computer from windows 7 to vista because windows found the crack he used to get it on my computer. since then i always back up things on a flash drive.

See, you could have used a Linux live cd to recover all the information pretty easily.  If it's on the hard drive, there's always a way.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well that really makes me mad, the guy i had do it should have know that. :( maybe he did not know i did not back my stuff up. uhhh.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 01:38:43 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Well, if he REALLY knew what he was doing, he could have re-cracked it and kept everything exactly as-is but tech guys (in the laptop repair parts of chain stores and stuff) usually use Linux to recover data from bad Windows installs.  Make no mistake; losing data completely is very difficult to do.  A corrupt header file can be rebuilt, pointers re-assigned; it isn't easy but there's almost always a way.  It might takes days of of talented programming in C or Assembly language (or worse, machine code *shudder*) but it can be done.

Windows bugs are usually fairly easy to get around, though.  You need to remember that Windows is just a program, like a game or Word or whatever and while it can remove data (to an extent) if you tell it to, it's almost impossible for it to remove your files on its own (it can corrupt them, or its own files but not irreparably so most of the time).  It's what a lot of us use to MANAGE our files, but it is not the only way to do so and just because Windows has broken, or in this case is working exactly as it should be, doesn't mean that your files are inaccessible.

Anyway, that's probably enough of this thread-jacking.  How goes the hunt for a designer?