You are Here:
INCEPTION Playing Cards - Coming April 12, 2016

Author (Read 718 times)

INCEPTION Playing Cards - Coming April 12, 2016
« on: April 08, 2016, 03:58:18 PM »

Jody Eklund

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

On April 12, 2016, I will be launching The INCEPTION Playing cards. I have been working on finishing all of the artwork and getting the information out there and could use your help in my final few days. I am going to post the link to my Kickstarter page and would love your feedback. This is also to give you a sneak peek if you are looking to back my project. I am trying something different with my early bird specials, rewards and add-ons this time around. There will be 3 basic rewards with 3 early birds (6 reward tiers total). I am planning to keep the early birds up for 24 hours to give everyone a chance to get in on the better prices, including internationals. Your add-on prices will be based on the reward tier you decide to pledge for. Remember, if you have any questions and special requests, please don't hesitate to message me during the funding and we can work something out.

Here is the link. Please drop a line to let me know your thoughts and impressions: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/910678389/1142027783?token=da16269c
Jody Eklund

Re: INCEPTION Playing Cards - Coming April 12, 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:02:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
At a glance...

Including serially-numbered versions, you're offering SIX different decks, right?  It's a little complex and a lot to offer in a single project.  Why not simply serially number ALL of the decks, reducing the total variations to only three?  As it stands, your reward tiers read like novels - way too long and complicated.  Keep it SIMPLE, even if it means offering more tiers or using something like BackerKit for managing add-ons.

Get FIRMER details on what exactly is being offered.  Saying that you haven't decided what tuck material will be used sounds like there's too much uncertainty about the deck.  It might come across better if you simply picked a known material, then offered this newer, "silky" material as a stretch goal if it is indeed all that and a bag of chips - you can use it as an incentive for raising people's investment levels, while at the same time giving backers the impression that you've got all the details nailed down and know what you're doing and what you're giving them.

I like the three-deck box - it's a unique offering that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Instead of offering "free [widget] when the stretch goal is reached," consider lowering the price of that tier and simply offering the widget separately.  Dealer coin - separate.  Leather case - separate.  Simple, easy - right?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/