You are Here:

Poll

What is your opinion regarding the extra card w/credits?

Regular backs on both, credits on one in small print, AC ad on the other.
Credits on both sides of one in medium-sized print, AC ad on the other with regular back.
Credits on three sides in regular print, AC ad on the fourth.
I really couldn't give a flying fig and have no opinion - do what thou wilst.
I want something different, and I'll describe it in a post below...
Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)

Author (Read 137050 times)

Re: Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)
« Reply #775 on: February 25, 2012, 08:49:24 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Hey Guys!

So yeah... a photo editing illiterate me working with a crappy image editor and yeah. I'm not too familiar with the other stuff this editing software can do but yeah. I have not "really" flattened the images.... but yeah. This is more or less the 2 of diamonds.

Yes there are lines on the BG. I wanted it look somewhat like lines on a leaf... but this is the closest I can get to be because I really really don't know how to do this. ^_^

Please be kind :(

Also feel free to make it look better if needs be ^_^

« Reply #776 on: February 25, 2012, 09:01:04 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Hey Lara, I really like that two of diamonds! Keep in mind, the borders need to be white.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #777 on: February 25, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Hey Lara, I really like that two of diamonds! Keep in mind, the borders need to be white.

yeah About that.... I just used that magic wand thingy to select the whatever space... and yeah..... ***im a loser*** when in comes to that. but I did save it as a PXD r photoshop file so randy can just make the borders white ^_^ sorry randy.... ^_^

« Reply #778 on: February 25, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
For someone who claims to be useless at design THOSE LOOK AWESOME.
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #779 on: February 25, 2012, 09:49:54 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

yeah About that.... I just used that magic wand thingy to select the whatever space... and yeah..... ***im a loser*** when in comes to that. but I did save it as a PXD r photoshop file so randy can just make the borders white ^_^ sorry randy.... ^_^

I'm sure it's no big deal. Someone could probably fix it within a matter of seconds.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #780 on: February 25, 2012, 12:06:13 PM »

slyS

• Newcomer
Hi

May I know if there is anyone doing the artwork for the threes?

I have no knowledge in photoshop but I do wish to help out too. So if you all won't mind then may I do the job for the threes if it's available?

« Reply #781 on: February 25, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Ok. I have tons of things to say but not a lot of time right now. I am going to check and write within the next 10 minutes with info about if you can do the 3s or not.

« Reply #782 on: February 25, 2012, 02:30:30 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
My internet connection is really slow, but while my pages are loading, here's what I have to say.
1) I really like that 2 of diamonds, Krystle. I just think that its a bit to "graphicky" if you know what I mean...
2) I kinda disagree with you Don :O because I think that our ad cards should have normal backs and not be double-facers.
3) If we have two ad cards with normal backs, the first one will be AC's ad card, so we can't put any names on that one. The second one should also have a normal back, which leaves us a whole face of a card to write 25 names. We will have more than enough space!
4) So, finally, what I'm saying is that I think we should trust Derek, put only the names of the artists on the AoS, and put ALL of the names of those who contributed in one way or another on one face of the extra cards, with a normal back.

« Reply #783 on: February 25, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Sorry for the triple post  ::) If there is a check next to your name that means that you are good to go and that you have shown some work.
If there is nothing next to your name that means that you are still in but haven't shown any work.
If your name isn't on here it means that you aren't a part of the project and that you should join!
The threes are available for you, slyS
Indexes - Loldudex2 and Derek√
Back Design - Derek√
Ace of spades - Derek√
Ace of hearts - Aaron√
Ace of diamonds - Derek√
Ace of clubs - Robert Butler√
Kings - Loldudex2√
Queens - Moon.exe?
Jacks - ??????
Tens - Nathan√
Nines - IAmTheChin?
Eights - ?????
Sevens - Kensei777√
Sixes - RandyButterfield√
Fives - ???????
Fours - ?????
Threes - slyS
Twos - KrystleLane√
Jokers - Moon.exe√
Single-faced ad card - Alex
Single-faced extra card with all the credits - NathanCanadas
Custom Seal - Alex
Tuck Case - Alex
Brought to USPCC - Alex
We are missing a few drafts and a few artists. Feel free to pick a job, I do not wish to impose one on anyone! Let's keep up the work!

« Reply #784 on: February 25, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Nathan, instead of a triple post, how about just go back and edit your first, and put everything there?

« Reply #785 on: February 25, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Nathan, instead of a triple post, how about just go back and edit your first, and put everything there?

I'm sorry to say this but I kind of agree on this one. There is an edit option for a reason.

Also, my 2 of diamonds is Graphicky because I don't know how to use photoshop, gimp or whatever. Which was why I said that Derek or whoever is going to finalize the designs can stream line it or something. So yeah. Please don't let me explain this again and again and again.

« Reply #786 on: February 25, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Hey Nathan, I've asked this before, but I'm wondering, would you rather me to first add detail to the cards I've already drawn, or would you rather me design the last king.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #787 on: February 25, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Hey Nathan, I've asked this before, but I'm wondering, would you rather me to first add detail to the cards I've already drawn, or would you rather me design the last king.
I don't care either way, whichever one you feel like doing. It doesn't matter as long as you finish your cards within the deadline.
As for the double and triple posts I don't know what got into me today. I had stopped doing this and here I do it again. I know I've posted this in another thread but can someone please tell me how to delete a post so I can erase those first 2 posts?

« Reply #788 on: February 25, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
You can't delete a post, just like how you couldn't undo something that you've done in real life. Just remember to go back and edit your post instead of posting multiple times next time around. It makes the forum look cleaner. Thanks!

« Reply #789 on: February 25, 2012, 07:38:57 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Anyway getting back into topic .I really wanted to have a "petal" feel to the diamond flowers, but I really really don't know how to do it. So I tried my best with what I had.
The background was supposed to be like the patterns on a leaf so yeah... whatever. ^_^

« Reply #790 on: February 25, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I don't care either way, whichever one you feel like doing. It doesn't matter as long as you finish your cards within the deadline.
As for the double and triple posts I don't know what got into me today. I had stopped doing this and here I do it again. I know I've posted this in another thread but can someone please tell me how to delete a post so I can erase those first 2 posts?
Alright. Has the deadline been posted yet, or are we still waiting to see how everything is going before the deadline.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #791 on: February 25, 2012, 10:35:49 PM »

slyS

• Newcomer
Thanks for letting me be part of this team! Well, while waiting for nathan's reply, I actually did some rough sketching of my concept of the threes.

Hmm how do I post my picture here? Seems like I cannot use the attachment below because it's too small for my files...

« Reply #792 on: February 25, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Thanks for letting me be part of this team! Well, while waiting for nathan's reply, I actually did some rough sketching of my concept of the threes.

Hmm how do I post my picture here? Seems like I cannot use the attachment below because it's too small for my files...
Try taking a screen picture of them, that should be the right size. On a mac it's option-shift-4 and drag and release. Nice job getting started!
@Loldudex2 - Unless you guys feel like a deadline should be posted immediately, I feel like we should wait until everyone has a good start.
@sxyj0109 - Hopefully in real life I'm much more careful about what I do and write than on these forums.. shame on me. :'(

« Reply #793 on: February 25, 2012, 11:35:31 PM »

slyS

• Newcomer
ahh I see, thanks Nathan! Okay so here are my rough sketches for the three of spades, hearts and diamonds.

Well as an aeronautical student, I decided to link them with planes. So let me know what you guys think about it!

thanks!

« Reply #794 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ahh I see, thanks Nathan! Okay so here are my rough sketches for the three of spades, hearts and diamonds.

Well as an aeronautical student, I decided to link them with planes. So let me know what you guys think about it!

thanks!

Wow, I really like them! I love how it is different then most cards, and had a back story to why you chose you design. very nice start!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #795 on: February 25, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I really like those threes! Just wondering, where is the third heart on the three of hearts? Are you going to want them to be 2-way or 1 way?

« Reply #796 on: February 25, 2012, 11:46:39 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I really like those threes! Just wondering, where is the third heart on the three of hearts? Are you going to want them to be 2-way or 1 way?

I see no possible way of these being two way. Plus, it doesn't really matter since it is just the faces.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #797 on: February 25, 2012, 11:49:39 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

I see no possible way of these being two way. Plus, it doesn't really matter since it is just the faces.
I actually don't want him to make them two way. Most of the cards in our deck aren't and I think it's great that way. I was just wondering! :D

« Reply #798 on: February 25, 2012, 11:53:13 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

I actually don't want him to make them two way. Most of the cards in our deck aren't and I think it's great that way. I was just wondering! :D
Ok, cool! I think these cards would look sick on an uncut sheet of this deck with the planes everywhere!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #799 on: February 26, 2012, 01:21:58 AM »

slyS

• Newcomer
thanks for the compliments!

well the 'third heart' or the third parachute, I thought of making it to appear as if the device is spoilt and that's why the person is screaming 'ahahahah' . Hope you get what I meant  :) .  I thought of making them to be 1-way design, is it alright?