You are Here:

Poll

What is your opinion regarding the extra card w/credits?

Regular backs on both, credits on one in small print, AC ad on the other.
Credits on both sides of one in medium-sized print, AC ad on the other with regular back.
Credits on three sides in regular print, AC ad on the fourth.
I really couldn't give a flying fig and have no opinion - do what thou wilst.
I want something different, and I'll describe it in a post below...
Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)

Author (Read 137061 times)

Re: Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)
« Reply #600 on: February 10, 2012, 01:33:09 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
@Nathan: Idk if you've ever designed in photoshop, but I can't just move them into the corners. They're a certain size and to keep it uniform, I have to have them there. Unless I stretch them which would look odd  ::) I'll see what I can do, but it's not simple..

I agree with Derek, trying to force the D's into the top of the corners could really change and potentially screw up the pattern. NathanCanada, the row next to the DISCOURSE row is where it sounds like you want the word spelled out but that row has space for 10 letters, not the 9 nine letters needed to spell out DISCOURSE. That wouldn't look good with an extra Black D after the Red spelled out word.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #601 on: February 10, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
@Nathan: Idk if you've ever designed in photoshop, but I can't just move them into the corners. They're a certain size and to keep it uniform, I have to have them there. Unless I stretch them which would look odd  ::) I'll see what I can do, but it's not simple..
What I meant was for you to add an additional row for them to be closer to the corners.

« Reply #602 on: February 10, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
What I meant was for you to add an additional row for them to be closer to the corners.

Adding an extra row would make it 10 going down? That would mean the diamond couldn't be in the middle because there needs to be an odd number of rows. If that makes sense..
And also a row on the sides which would make it impossible to have the diamond in the middle.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:50:07 PM by Derek »
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #603 on: February 10, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Maybe you could make the diamonds each a bit smaller. Idk, but I am sure that having the D in the corner would be completely worth it!

« Reply #604 on: February 10, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Maybe you could make the diamonds each a bit smaller. Idk, but I am sure that having the D in the corner would be completely worth it!

Haha, idk if it's that big of a deal honestly. As long as it's symmetrical I think it'll look good  ::)
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #605 on: February 10, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Haha, idk if it's that big of a deal honestly. As long as it's symmetrical I think it'll look good  ::)
Well, ok. But if you have time, can you just try? Because I really would like it to look nice in fans with Discourse running along the sides of the cards.

« Reply #606 on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran

Well, ok. But if you have time, can you just try? Because I really would like it to look nice in fans with Discourse running along the sides of the cards.

I can try, but if you go pick up any deck of cards with a border, and do a good fan with the backs... you can only see a very slight sliver of the back. there's no way if i put the D in the corner that you would be able to see more than D - I - maybe S.....

« Reply #607 on: February 10, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I realize that. I just thought it would look neater if the D was in the corner, just like the angel on normal Bikes, so it is the first think we see when fanning cards. But then, seeing the word continues, with an I and an S, people r going to be curious and read the whole word, Discourse. :D

« Reply #608 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
@Nathan: I like the ideas, I still don't know if the second ten should be completely blurry? Also, are you trying to make some of your faces black and some white? Kind of like a reverse Artifice v1?

Also, here is a revision of my back - the D's can be switched to make it a two way back. For all you 'subtle one-way' back lovers, the red D in the middle makes it a subtle one way.

Thats my favorite design so far! But maybe instead of having that black part, you could make 2 D's in black?

« Reply #609 on: February 10, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@Nathan: I like the ideas, I still don't know if the second ten should be completely blurry? Also, are you trying to make some of your faces black and some white? Kind of like a reverse Artifice v1?

Also, here is a revision of my back - the D's can be switched to make it a two way back. For all you 'subtle one-way' back lovers, the red D in the middle makes it a subtle one way.

Thats my favorite design so far! But maybe instead of having that black part, you could make 2 D's in black?
Hahaha, I thought the same exact thing, but then I thought that it might be too similar to D&D's cards. We have a saying in French: "Les grands esprits se rencontrent", meaning, in a more poetic way, "great minds meet up/think the same way".

« Reply #610 on: February 10, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@Derek - Two things:
1) Should I change the poll?
2) Can you try, if you have time, photoshoping this back design into a fan?
Thank you,
Nathan

« Reply #611 on: February 10, 2012, 05:28:31 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
@Nathan, the ten of diamonds is awesome looking!! I really like that design. I think that the ten of spades should get more blurry the closer to the center of the card, that way you can better read the number ten in the corners. Just some advice.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #612 on: February 10, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@Nathan, the ten of diamonds is awesome looking!! I really like that design. I think that the ten of spades should get more blurry the closer to the center of the card, that way you can better read the number ten in the corners. Just some advice.
Thank you for the ten of diamonds. As for the ten of spades, actually, those indexes wont be the final ones, as I will be using loldudex2's. Which is why I didn't bother making them clear.
Can you give me some feedback on the other ones, too, please? I dont really like the ten of hearts......... And how about you, how are your designs going along?

« Reply #613 on: February 10, 2012, 05:48:08 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The other two look alright. I'm not a huge fan but that's just because of personal taste. They are still good designs.

I actually am not designing any cards anymore. I posted about that a while ago. I've just been too busy with school and work and because of that I had to drop out. It was sad but I'm glad that I can still pop in and give some feedback and advice! You all are doing an amazing job on this deck!!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #614 on: February 10, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
The other two look alright. I'm not a huge fan but that's just because of personal taste. They are still good designs.

I actually am not designing any cards anymore. I posted about that a while ago. I've just been too busy with school and work and because of that I had to drop out. It was sad but I'm glad that I can still pop in and give some feedback and advice! You all are doing an amazing job on this deck!!
Oh bummer, we would have liked to have you with us... :(

« Reply #615 on: February 10, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Here are rough drafts for all four of my tens. I'm not extremely proud of them, I have to admit. Please give me feedback!

I love the black ten of clubs, but I feel you won't be able to read the black indices.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #616 on: February 10, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Well, I had the same concern, but, since we will be using your indices, those won't be black.

« Reply #617 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran

:D I finished

« Reply #618 on: February 10, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Beautiful! They look really cool! But I just think the Q is a little weird looking. Looks like an odd 2...

« Reply #619 on: February 10, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran

Beautiful! They look really cool! But I just think the Q is a little weird looking. Looks like an odd 2...

Yeah I know what you're saying. I'll try to make it look more Queenish but widening the circle part and making the point closer.

« Reply #620 on: February 11, 2012, 12:33:54 AM »

walther

Yeah I know what you're saying. I'll try to make it look more Queenish but widening the circle part and making the point closer.
What about taking the 9 and opening it up to make more of an O and then just create the Q by adding a a tail crossing the lower quadrant like the A. If that makes any sense at all.

I noticed that the inner black diamond formation has exactly enough spots to spell discourse twice, or the middle ring exactly once. Just an observation  :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:47:42 AM by walther »

« Reply #621 on: February 11, 2012, 12:44:29 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Nice one, Derek! I think that for the index pips (hearts, spades, diamonds, clubs), you shouldn't fill them in as they look amazing not-filled, and I think this can create a variation between the two. Also, I don't know if you have noticed (yes, I am nit-picky), but your 4, 5, and 6 aren't the same color as the others. I like the other color better. Can you please change them back? As for the queen, I think the left end of the line should go even closer to the loop.
@Walther - I understand what you mean, but I don't know if it would fit the theme, and, also, the idea was to keep loldudex2's pips exactly the way they are except for the color.

« Reply #622 on: February 11, 2012, 01:40:57 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I'm in love with the new back design. Let's keep the stinger borders, they look amazing. ;D
And Aaron, are you done with the ace or should I wait a little longer? :P
I`m pretty much done it so you can start :)  Thank you!!
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #623 on: February 11, 2012, 02:31:21 AM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
I'm fairly certain that my numbers have no colors in them at all? Am I the only one who sees no color? Haha..

« Reply #624 on: February 11, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I usually do this because someone asks a question in between and I want to keep the order of the discussion the same as it happened so the reader isn't confused.
What is really disappointing for me to see is that about 5 of our artists are completely inactive on this thread and haven't given us any info about their progress yet :/  :-\

When the deadline hits, just axe them - there are others either wanting in on the work or wanting to take on extra.

Still catching up on the reading - you folks are WAY TOO PROLIFIC...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/