You are Here:

Poll

What is your opinion regarding the extra card w/credits?

Regular backs on both, credits on one in small print, AC ad on the other.
Credits on both sides of one in medium-sized print, AC ad on the other with regular back.
Credits on three sides in regular print, AC ad on the fourth.
I really couldn't give a flying fig and have no opinion - do what thou wilst.
I want something different, and I'll describe it in a post below...
Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)

Author (Read 137088 times)

Re: Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)
« Reply #550 on: February 09, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
I just realized my suggestion would make it be similar to the ORNATE face patterns!
Oh well, I'm cool with that.

« Reply #551 on: February 09, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
AAAH MY EYES!  :P
That looks awesome Randy! I can't tell if I like it in color or black and white better....

« Reply #552 on: February 09, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
The one in color is easy on the eyes, the one in black in white looks kinda like minimalis and clean and elegant. Which ever works for me.  Are we going with a thin border, standard border or no border?

« Reply #553 on: February 09, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
The one in color is easy on the eyes, the one in black in white looks kinda like minimalis and clean and elegant. Which ever works for me.  Are we going with a thin border, standard border or no border?

@Krystle - I think we will have a thin border.
I think that the empty spaces on the sides should be filled in, in one way or another.

« Reply #554 on: February 09, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Yeah I thought so. Thin borders look amazing. I think the back design can sort of fade into the border.

« Reply #555 on: February 09, 2012, 08:06:17 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Which back design do you, honestly prefer? The first one on page 16, the second one on page 16, Derek's one on this page, or Randy's version of it with the back design. Quite honestly, I prefer the ones on page 16. The reason for this is that I think they had a little touch of creativeness in that that is lacking in this version. I think there should be an extra something in this back design: the first design had the almost invisible Ds. The second version had the wave effect. What will this version have? I personally dont like Randy's background that much. I like the idea but not the color. I think we should have a subtle design behind, maybe (Ooh, i have a great idea) Maybe we could put a kind of Uncut Sheet showing all the faces of the cards in the deck. Also, I think that the "Discourse" in red should be running along the sides in the empty spaces.
@Derek - Can you please try doing ur design again with Discourse in red running along the sides in the empty spaces and an uncut sheet from any deck with custom court cards in the background?
I realize I am very critical but I think we should have a solid back design to even out the faces of the cards.
Finally, we need to make sure  we can see a D in the corner when fanning the cards.
Ty,
Nathan

« Reply #556 on: February 09, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Yeah I thought so. Thin borders look amazing. I think the back design can sort of fade into the border.
I totally agree about the fading into the border part. That can allow us to have the Ds perfectly in the corner and the rest of the pip+ fading out around it. That way we can see the Ds when fanning the cards.

« Reply #557 on: February 09, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I acctually prefer the newer one. I think you should make a poll on it.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #558 on: February 09, 2012, 08:19:46 PM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Points noted but needs a comparison in order for us to be able to agree on one design. A poll at this point might be a bit unclear as people will end up switching pages to compare. I would suggest a poll once there is a sample image with all three designs that we can refer to.

@Derek - Screw the X, that looks awesome! Once you're done with your adjustment, can you do a side by side comparison image on all three designs so that we don't have to switch pages in order to compare with the others? Thanks man! Wonderful job! Keep it up!
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #559 on: February 09, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I acctually prefer the newer one. I think you should make a poll on it.
I dont think it is time for a poll yet since this design has not had its final word. I have nothing against this design, it is just that I think it needs some changes.

« Reply #560 on: February 09, 2012, 08:23:47 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Points noted but needs a comparison in order for us to be able to agree on one design. A poll at this point might be a bit unclear as people will end up switching pages to compare. I would suggest a poll once there is a sample image with all three designs that we can refer to.

@Derek - Screw the X, that looks awesome! Once you're done with your adjustment, can you do a side by side comparison image on all three designs so that we don't have to switch pages in order to compare with the others? Thanks man! Wonderful job! Keep it up!
Once again, I will do that, but only once we will have tried the additions some of us have asked.

« Reply #561 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Here is a comparisson.

Also Nathan, you should combine your posts when saying stuff at one time.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #562 on: February 09, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Here is a comparisson.

I do?
@Derek Can you try doing the same back design with any uncut sheet behind it. This can also make this a subtle one way design.
Also, can you add some more of those little + thingys in the empty spaces and make the bits that overlap on the border fade into white?
I really thought that your idea of adding a little something in the first designs was great. Can you try doing something similar for this design?
Ty,
Nathan

« Reply #563 on: February 09, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Here is a comparisson.

I do?
@Derek Can you try doing the same back design with any uncut sheet behind it. This can also make this a subtle one way design.
Also, can you add some more of those little + thingys in the empty spaces and make the bits that overlap on the border fade into white?
I really thought that your idea of adding a little something in the first designs was great. Can you try doing something similar for this design?
Ty,
Nathan

Ok I just have noticed on that last post and a few other times that you post 2 comments within a couple minutes of eachother.

« Reply #564 on: February 09, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I usually do this because someone asks a question in between and I want to keep the order of the discussion the same as it happened so the reader isn't confused.
What is really disappointing for me to see is that about 5 of our artists are completely inactive on this thread and haven't given us any info about their progress yet :/  :-\

« Reply #565 on: February 09, 2012, 08:59:12 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
My favorite back design is the first one with the green D's. I really like the hidden D's aspect of it, and the color.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #566 on: February 09, 2012, 09:09:14 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
My favorite back design is the first one with the green D's. I really like the hidden D's aspect of it, and the color.
I agree with this.
Derek, if you have the time, can you try doing the first design again, except with the additional wavy design from the second back and keeping Discourse running down the sides and the almost invisible Ds?
This would really be appreciated.
I know I am asking you a lot, and I am sorry about this, it is just that the back design is very important.

« Reply #567 on: February 09, 2012, 09:15:40 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
This is such a tough choice! I like the second and last best. But honestly, they're all awesome!

« Reply #568 on: February 09, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

^ That's how I feel right now hahaha.

I just got about 10 different opinions and twice as many suggestions..

I love what Randy did to it, I think thinner borders with the +'s filling in the sides would be great.. I think my latest back is more elegant and better looking honestly.
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #569 on: February 09, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Hey Derek, I don't mean to put more stress and pressure on you, but I'm just wondering, how are the indices going. Not trying to rush you or hurry you, I'm just curious.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #570 on: February 09, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I understand how you feel and am sorry about that. I wanted to know if, in the next week or so, you would be able to make a couple changes to your backs, just for experimenting:
1) First of all, would you be able to take the first design, with the green back, and just make the Ds wavy, just like for the second design, while keeping everything else (the green, the "invisible" Ds, and the "Discourse" running down the sides of the back), the same?
2) Would you be able to change your last design, add +s so the only empty space on the card is between each +. Now, can you make all the pieces of +s that overlap fade into white borders? And finally, can you make each + slightly bigger so we can see a D in the corner when fanning the cards?
Thank you, Nathan
PS: I am going to get to work on the 10s.

« Reply #571 on: February 09, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Hey guys! I just posted a blog about this! Its password protected.
its

http://laranovales.wordpress.com/the-evolution-of-aetheria/

password:  aethercards

« Reply #572 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
its

Wow. This is very amazing, and thanks for organizing all of the photos in such a clean way, along with the quotes. Simply remarkable.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #573 on: February 09, 2012, 10:57:21 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
I understand how you feel and am sorry about that. I wanted to know if, in the next week or so, you would be able to make a couple changes to your backs, just for experimenting:
1) First of all, would you be able to take the first design, with the green back, and just make the Ds wavy, just like for the second design, while keeping everything else (the green, the "invisible" Ds, and the "Discourse" running down the sides of the back), the same?
2) Would you be able to change your last design, add +s so the only empty space on the card is between each +. Now, can you make all the pieces of +s that overlap fade into white borders? And finally, can you make each + slightly bigger so we can see a D in the corner when fanning the cards?
Thank you, Nathan
PS: I am going to get to work on the 10s.

I'll work on doing the D's design, but for the + design, When you fan, you can't really see anything except a sliver. It doesn't really matter what's in the corner for the fan, just for the overall look of it.
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #574 on: February 09, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
its

WOW! Once word: Amazing!
Could you also add some of the main points of criticism and appreciation as like subcategories? So that we could like click on a button below each picture and see the weaknesses and strengths. It’s a lot of work but it could help us sort through what we like and what we don’t like.