You are Here:

Poll

What is your opinion regarding the extra card w/credits?

Regular backs on both, credits on one in small print, AC ad on the other.
Credits on both sides of one in medium-sized print, AC ad on the other with regular back.
Credits on three sides in regular print, AC ad on the fourth.
I really couldn't give a flying fig and have no opinion - do what thou wilst.
I want something different, and I'll describe it in a post below...
Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)

Author (Read 137040 times)

Re: Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)
« Reply #500 on: February 08, 2012, 01:19:35 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
The following people have not posted on this thread since their original post showing their interest in being a part of this project:
- zaganh
- IAmTheChin
- chdmagicdude
- Austin
- hazofhorsham
- John
If you're name is listed above and you do not post regarding this deck by Valentines day, February 14th, at 12PM PST (time in California) you are out of the project for an indefinite amount of time.

The following people have not shown any of the work they have done on their selected cards:
- Moon.exe
- brown-baggs
- chdmagicdude
- IAmTheChin
- RandyButterfield
- Austin
- hazofhorsham
- John
You have until Sunday 26th of February at 12PM PST (time in California) to post a rough draft of at least one of you selected cards. If you do not, you are out of this project for an indefinite amount of time.
As for all of us, including me, many who already showed their progress, and all those stated above, we have until March 4th at 12PM PST (time in California).

« Reply #501 on: February 08, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
As of the 3D idea, I stand against it for many reasons:
1) If the whole deck is 3D, it will ruin the original idea of this deck being as little uniform as possible.
2) If only one card of a series of cards is 3D, this will be cool, but it will be kind of ridiculous to have a 3D glasses option just for that.
3) Some cards can have a fun 3D theme without us going all out and going as far as giving some 3D glasses.
4) Even if we find a sponsor for the glasses, I doubt he will get much advertisement and we get much money.
5) I don't think that many people would choose to get the additional glasses reward anyways, because of the increased price and shipping.

« Reply #502 on: February 08, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
As of the 3D idea, I stand against it for many reasons:
1) If the whole deck is 3D, it will ruin the original idea of this deck being as little uniform as possible.
2) If only one card of a series of cards is 3D, this will be cool, but it will be kind of ridiculous to have a 3D glasses option just for that.
3) Some cards can have a fun 3D theme without us going all out and going as far as giving some 3D glasses.
4) Even if we find a sponsor for the glasses, I doubt he will get much advertisement and we get much money.
5) I don't think that many people would choose to get the additional glasses reward anyways, because of the increased price and shipping.

I feel the SAME exact way. I think I will make one of the nines 3d. It will be easy to see without glasses. It will look very simple, but very cool. A 3d king would look cool, but it would look way to crazy, and hard to read and see clearly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:35:35 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #503 on: February 08, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
It's not that I really like the nines. I still would like, and I'd rather have the kings. If he wants I will give up the nines for someone else. He asked us to pick the nines, so I picked the bine if diamonds. He just started splitting up the categories a few times, so I just wanted to make sure that as more people come he doesn't keep on reducing portions until all the categories are split. I was saying that since some people haven't talked about, or even done any work yet that we know of, we should have a deadline for drafts before we just keep splitting up groups smaller and smaller.

Also, when I suggested 3d, I meant for one card, and it was originally going to be a nine, so it would be easy to read even if you didn't have any glasses. I was never originally planning on including 3d glasses.

Lastly, I never was, or am trying to hog all of jobs. The pips I drew for the indices were originally for my nines, but once everyone liked the diamond pip so much, I decided to make those pips I originally had for the nines for the indices.

Hi loldudex2, I didn't mean to attack you or anything. I just saw that a great artist like IAmTheChin wanted to join in and looking at the breakdown of jobs every designer had their own set but you had the Nines and Kings. I know it started out that way because there weren't a lot of artists at the beginning. I also think that each set should have 1 artist working on all 4 of that set's suits. I'm fine with each Ace suit having a separate artist.

If IAmTheChin was to get a set of the Nines or Kings then I think the sets should be locked down. If any new artist comes along and wants to participate then they could be backup in case someone drops the ball on their set.

I think a lot of people haven't shown there work yet because they don't like to show in-progress work (myself included). If we're going to have a deadline to start dropping people if they haven't shown anything then it should at least be a week or two away. This would give people time to fine tune at least 1 or 2 of their suits for posting.

I'm not too gung-ho on the 3d card idea. It seems a little gimmicky.

thanks,
Randy

No hard feelings whatsoever. Actually, I never even saw you ask me to give up one of the suits for someone else. If I saw that then I would of happily given up the nines. I feel kinda bad now for missing that, but I'm sorry for any confusion/ inconvenience I may have caused anyone on this project.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #504 on: February 08, 2012, 02:22:05 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@loldudex2 - It seems like I am good at making lists LOL. I gave the 9s to IAmTheChin, but you got to keep the kings and the indexes.

« Reply #505 on: February 08, 2012, 02:35:42 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
@loldudex2 - It seems like I am good at making lists LOL. I gave the 9s to IAmTheChin, but you got to keep the kings and the indexes.

If it weren't for your lists I'd be completely lost, and I am more then happy at your decision.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #506 on: February 08, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
@Nathan: I don't mind just doing the back, but when did the AoD get switched from me to Z?
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #507 on: February 08, 2012, 05:47:55 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I have to admit I was extremely dubious about this deck. I couldn't see how a deck designed by so many people could work.
I'm pleased to say you've all proved me wrong!
There's some awesome design work going on here.

Now, if you could just sort out what's happening with the back!!!
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #508 on: February 08, 2012, 06:20:30 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@Nathan: I don't mind just doing the back, but when did the AoD get switched from me to Z?
I thought that you already had a lot of work with the AoS and the back design and zaganh is a very good artist who wanted to pitch in a long time ago already. I decided to give others a chance. But if you want, I can change it back.

« Reply #509 on: February 08, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
I thought that you already had a lot of work with the AoS and the back design and zaganh is a very good artist who wanted to pitch in a long time ago already. I decided to give others a chance. But if you want, I can change it back.

I was never doing the AoS  ;D I was doing the AoD and the back. I'm fine if he wants to design the diamonds though....
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #510 on: February 08, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
He does want to do something. It doesnt matter what. I thought that you wanted all of our names for the AoS?

« Reply #511 on: February 08, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
He does want to do something. It doesnt matter what. I thought that you wanted all of our names for the AoS?
didn`t we decide not to do the names thing for the A of Spades
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #512 on: February 08, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
The names were for the back design which we abandoned.. The AoS was going to be done by you wasn't it?

« Reply #513 on: February 08, 2012, 08:04:35 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I was origionally on all aces then moved to just the Ace of Hearts

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #514 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Okay well do people still want the Ace of Spades to be the names? I'm willing to do it but I need a consensus of agreement.

« Reply #515 on: February 08, 2012, 08:12:49 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I would live the AoS to have our names/ signatures on them.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #516 on: February 08, 2012, 08:14:01 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Me too, and Nathan.. idk why Aaron said we decided not to?

« Reply #517 on: February 08, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I am currently sketching the third king, while also adding detail to the Shotgun King.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #518 on: February 08, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Me too, and Nathan.. idk why Aaron said we decided not to?
idk I thought we said it would be too similar to the back design, BTW what are we doing with the back design now?

« Reply #519 on: February 08, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Since I don't think the backs will have signatures, can we please have signatures on the ace?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #520 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Added the Aces Loldudex2 made and played with gradients. Any constructive critisism would be great :)

« Reply #521 on: February 08, 2012, 09:06:25 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Added the Aces Loldudex2 made and played with gradients. Any constructive critisism would be great :)
also Moon.exe or Derek whoever sees this first, could you try making it look plush please? I dont have the skills to do that :-[   

EDIT:
sorry for the second post I messed up modifying and clicked quote
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:07:49 PM by Aaron »

« Reply #522 on: February 08, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I like the Ace of Hearts a lot! The patch on it adds to it in a really cool way.
Did you try making it not 3D?

« Reply #523 on: February 08, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Here is my third king design. This is just a basic sketch, and before you shoot me, I want to tell you that I want the king to look very close to this. I want this to stick out from all the rest, and I feel this very basic design, with added background detail and with red indices, I feel this could look very cool.

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/loldudex2/?action=view&current=KingStickFigure.jpg

And yes, I want this too look like a sketch on the final card, and I want it to kind of look like a crude drawing.
I have a vision for this, but I want to know what you think, and please, be honest.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #524 on: February 08, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I like the Ace of Hearts a lot! The patch on it adds to it in a really cool way.
Did you try making it not 3D?
Thank you! :)  I also really like the patch. I will post a picture in a bit that it isnt 3D once I make some more changes to it :)  Also it is going to look plush-like when it is finished.
Here is my third king design. This is just a basic sketch, and before you shoot me, I want to tell you that I want the king to look very close to this. I want this to stick out from all the rest, and I feel this very basic design, with added background detail and with red indices, I feel this could look very cool.

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/loldudex2/?action=view&current=KingStickFigure.jpg

And yes, I want this too look like a sketch on the final card, and I want it to kind of look like a crude drawing.
I have a vision for this, but I want to know what you think, and please, be honest.

I acctually really like that design I think you should add some legs on it though and it is something different that I think will look pretty cool on a card :)