You are Here:
White Artifice Deck from Ellusionist

Author (Read 14450 times)

Re: White Artifice Deck? from Ellusionist
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:28 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I understand having a couple colors of a great deck, but now its like that movie that some ask if you have seen the latest and there are so many you can't remember the number they are at. Let artifice be done. PLEASE
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 12:50:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I understand having a couple colors of a great deck, but now its like that movie that some ask if you have seen the latest and there are so many you can't remember the number they are at. Let artifice be done. PLEASE

You mean like "Star Wars: Episode XLVIII - Luke Skywalker Eats Prunes"?  :))

I liked the simple concept - clean, elegant deck, in a couple of colors, and voila.  Maybe make a few more colors down the road, fine, whatever.  But this is what killed it for me: they put a survey on their FB page asking people if they'd want a purple version.  "Yes" was the majority vote, but something like nearly 1/4 of those "Yes" votes indicated they wanted a black border.  They were asked nothing about the black border.  By some stretch of the imagination, E took this as a public mandate, thinking that if they'd actually asked about a border they'd certainly get many more votes for it...  oy...  And the color scheme was ridiculous - "Let's give the black pips purple cores, and let's give the once-red-now-purple pips black cores!"  Clean and elegant went out the door and down the street, stark raving mad and running like hell.

If they'd have stuck with the simple 2nd Edition design and made the back color purple in the same way as the blue and green decks, it would have been perfect.  I bought only two out of curiosity and don't plan on buying any more, ever.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 12:53:08 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!

Well like you said, if it is a white one, I'm there and I will buy it. But that just better be the last one. And I do agree with Don that the purple one seemed a but hasty. I actually could do without the blue or green one. But since they've already been done there's nothing really we can do. Design is still nice though, gotta give em that.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 03:40:54 AM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I'd say white artifice. Design is way to similar.

Winter teaser to Seasons makes sense but just look at that design comparison. It's too coincidental to not be an Artifice.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:15:13 AM by Don Boyer »
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 04:16:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Y'know, seeing them side by side like that, I think I'm forced to agree with 4PM and the rest of you White Artificers...

Seasons will have to wait for another time...   :(

Re: White Artifice Deck from Ellusionist
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 08:13:37 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Whose to say it couldn't be both seasons and artifice.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 08:56:19 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That's definitely White Artifice.
I'm thinking its going to a nice looking deck.

However, I'd like to point this out - this'll be the 7th edition of Artifice playing cards.
It baffles me that the amount of anger and rage people unleashed on the Monarchs deck (yes, I understand hype was a contributing factor), for having technically only had 3 editions, yet it is  dawning on people that Ellusionist has taken it too far with 7 editions of one series of cards.

Now, Smoke and Mirrors was different, my reason being is that Dan and Dave looked to improve and try different things with each deck. These various things included different and improved handling and design features such as metallic inks, embossing and seals which weren't all present in each edition.

As for the Artifice decks, they were pretty much colour changes and swapping between being borderless and having borders. Exceptions being very minor design changes.

I'm probably going to get a little bit of hate from this...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:00:28 AM by Joker and the Thief »
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 09:00:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Whose to say it couldn't be both seasons and artifice.

Everyone but you!  ;)

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 09:18:52 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
It baffles me that the amount of anger and rage people unleashed on the Monarchs deck (yes, I understand hype was a contributing factor), for having technically only had 3 editions, yet it is  dawning on people that Ellusionist has taken it too far with 7 editions of one series of cards.

As for the Artifice decks, they were pretty much colour changes and swapping between being borderless and having borders. Exceptions being very minor design changes.

I'm probably going to get a little bit of hate from this...

Theory 11 also had alot of the monarch releases near a time of hate they were in already, gold and normal, white and silver, so i don't necessarily think people were hating the reprint but T11 as a whole. It also didn't help when T11 were trying to distract people from what was going on like people getting 3 and 4 bricks of white monarchs, by releasing silver monarchs with the reasoning, "Just like white monarchs, but silver!"

Now i will admit that 6 is a large number for color changes, we still don't know what this deck is so my number of reprints is at 6 so far, but E had some very good reasons and excuses for them. Blue was the V1, test the waters, red was a limited edition done because people loved the blue, blue V2 was done because while people loved the V1, people hated the fact that they had borders, green is... well i don't know why they did green, purple was E giving back to the customers that wanted a new color and a black border, black was for the club and here we are now.

While T11 did something like this: Monarchs pre release consisting of 111 decks, lol we messed up the 111 are now super rare and everyone else gets a white instead of gold version,white was a  limited version done because they could, lol you're mad that some people got 3 bricks of white monarchs and you got none? heres a silver deck... ITS ALMOST THE SAME THING BUT FOR EVERYONE :D, and monarchs with thinner borders was a USPC test apparently seeing how USPC manages thin borders or something like that.

I don't hate you because of your opinion on this, i hate you for other reasons  :t11: just kidding

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:24:17 AM by john »
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
After LoopCuts interview for Seasons artist, I don't think will be a collaboration between E and Seasons. But you never know.
http://loopcuts.com/seasons-artist-interview/

I don't have Black Artifice deck (still waiting to arrive), but I am 70-80% sure that will be a White Artifice deck. I love Purple Artifice, more than others and I guess a white blueish (cold color) version will be nice too.
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 10:25:50 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Why would it be?  There's only one actual exclusive for the club, and it's the deck from which it gets its name.
I was thinking they might want it to be exclusive to match with it's counterpart.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »

sway

• Forum Regular
this'll be the 7th edition of Artifice playing cards.

You know, 7 is a magical number.

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
this'll be the 7th edition of Artifice playing cards.

You know, 7 is a magical number.

Magical yes. But excessive as well isn't it? White is a good idea though in my opinion. Or at least a color I would like to see.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I reached out to Alex Chin to see if he's involved.  I'll let you know what he says

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
well... I didn't have to wait for a response..

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
well... I didn't have to wait for a response..

Oh wow cool CBJ thanks for posting that! I guess it's confirmed to be another Artifice. And the "winter" refers to this Artifice being "Artifice Tundra" or white Artifice :)) well I'm probably in for this because I think Artifice in white will look great!

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Artifice Tundra? Lemmings will be happy  :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Old Lemmings game! :D :D :D

Btw, the deck is not a limited deck and I think will be released next week.
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 08:37:30 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Old Lemmings game! :D :D :D

Btw, the deck is not a limited deck and I think will be released next week.

I had that game for the Amiga 500.  I now have it for the PS3!

Well, we're Black Club, so we'll know soon enough.

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Love me some Artifice.

Is it safe to say these will have white borders?

Lets hope these have a very clean look to them. Nothing crazy on the courts cards like the purple recolored pips or anything like that.

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 08:53:30 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Love me some Artifice.

Lets hope these have a very clean look to them. Nothing crazy on the courts cards like the purple recolored pips or anything like that.

See, that's what I'm hoping. With the color white and the design of the Artifices, the look can be very clean and very very attractive. But coloring can also be tricky so let's hope nothing weird happens. And I think white borders is safe to say :))

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »

amosyzk

• True Member
Love me some Artifice.

If these doesn't have any white borders, I would be really disappointed.
If these have borders with other colors, I think the cards would look kinda crazy.

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2013, 09:16:40 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Love me some Artifice.

If these doesn't have any white borders, I would be really disappointed.
If these have borders with other colors, I think the cards would look kinda crazy.

I'm guessing it will be the "Ghost" of the Artifice line.  Inverted black back, maybe even the black pips with red and black indices.

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Lol. Very clean-looking deck. Interesting choice of names though. It's very powerful in only six characters.

What makes you think otherwise?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
This is looking very clean. As Don had mentioned prior, this is an inverse back design. As you all know the Artifice tuck boxes (Border or no Border) show the back design as it appears on the cards. This latest teaser of the box back I see no border. Hopefully that's only the box design. Maybe they fade to a white border on the actual cards. Based on what I see and the fact they are white cards, Ellusionist might not have seen any reason to have borders on this Tundra design. We will see... The no borders will make or break buying the decks for me. I'm a little more picky then most.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:08:20 PM by Legacy »