You are Here:
New Deck from E - Sultan Republic

Author (Read 16460 times)

Re: New Deck from E - Sultan Republic
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
i dont think its the same with Artifice v1, E is basically saying that Sultan Republic will be "rare" because they are simply ugly and they wont make money by reprint them lol . I think Artifice v2 was the case of ppl asking for white borders.

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 12:12:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
i dont think its the same with Artifice v1, E is basically saying that Sultan Republic will be "rare" because they are simply ugly and they wont make money by reprint them lol . I think Artifice v2 was the case of ppl asking for white borders.

I don't happen to think they're ugly.  They weren't released very long ago and over half of those 10,000 decks have already been sold.  It's not like they're entirely unpopular - it's just Ellusionist trying to show that they care about their customers opinions.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 12:54:07 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I wouldn't say "ugly" so much as "uninspired", but I agree that artifice v1 was much better looking and ultimately impractical for magic, while sultans were just not that great of a design

I may be biased though since the borderless artifice is one of my favorite back designs. might also explain why im so pissed about black artifice being "members only"

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I wouldn't say "ugly" so much as "uninspired", but I agree that artifice v1 was much better looking and ultimately impractical for magic, while sultans were just not that great of a design

I may be biased though since the borderless artifice is one of my favorite back designs. might also explain why im so pissed about black artifice being "members only"

I'd say Artifice v1 was nice and not entirely impractical for magicians, just a bit limiting in that you have to leave out certain tricks from your repertoire.  I like v2 better because the borders were done well and the edges don't show chipping with use.  You'll get more mileage out of a bordered deck than one that's printed into the bleed.

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Also for anyone that missed it the Sultan Republic deck is also a Limited Edition deck with only 10,000 printed as they are not reprinting them and are redesigning them entirely

Yeah, that was written up in the topic for that deck.  It's an accidental limited edition, just like the first edition blue Artifice, the all-white pip Black Tiger and the silver-and-red Tally Ho Vipers.  And if you get down to it, all the UV500 and Air Cushion versions of the decks prior to Artifice.

Yes but those were mass produced awile ago, these are actually a limited edition deck. In reality all decks are limited editions because they will eventually not be made any more but only 10,000 of these were made, making them fairly rare. E said awile ago that 100,000 Artifice Blue 1's were made.

I'm going to continue this in the actual topic for this deck...

...that's better!

Are you SURE it was a 100,000 decks?  That's a MASSIVE order for Ellusionist.  Something between 10K-30K is more typical, even for a popular deck.

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2012, 01:06:08 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Also for anyone that missed it the Sultan Republic deck is also a Limited Edition deck with only 10,000 printed as they are not reprinting them and are redesigning them entirely

Yeah, that was written up in the topic for that deck.  It's an accidental limited edition, just like the first edition blue Artifice, the all-white pip Black Tiger and the silver-and-red Tally Ho Vipers.  And if you get down to it, all the UV500 and Air Cushion versions of the decks prior to Artifice.

Yes but those were mass produced awile ago, these are actually a limited edition deck. In reality all decks are limited editions because they will eventually not be made any more but only 10,000 of these were made, making them fairly rare. E said awile ago that 100,000 Artifice Blue 1's were made.

I'm going to continue this in the actual topic for this deck...

...that's better!

Are you SURE it was a 100,000 decks?  That's a MASSIVE order for Ellusionist.  Something between 10K-30K is more typical, even for a popular deck.
Well I cant be 100% thats just what they told me when I asked on the FB page. I asked how many Blue Artifie V1's were printed and I got a reply from the E FB page that the round number was about 100,000.
I can see them selling that many.

And when they announced that the Black Tiger white pips were going out of print there was 100,000 that lasted like 6 or so months to sell out. So I think they could have sold that many artifice in half the time.

And they have 130K Fb likes so 100,000 decks isn't even that much for them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:08:02 AM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

You try footing the bill for 100,000 decks and you tell me "it isn't that much!"  :))

If they said it on FB, it's probably true.

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2012, 01:22:43 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

You try footing the bill for 100,000 decks and you tell me "it isn't that much!"  :))

Haha well in average people money it is alot, but in Big Magic Company Money it must not be much.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, 07:20:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Haha well in average people money it is alot, but in Big Magic Company Money it must not be much.

Ellusionist isn't as huge as you'd think.  They probably have a staff about the size of the one at my job - under 20 people including the boss.

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
About 50,000 Blue Artifice V1 were printed.

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Ellusionist isn't as huge as you'd think.  They probably have a staff about the size of the one at my job - under 20 people including the boss.
When you say "staff" are you counting their design team, shipping/processing team,, and CEO? Twenty people just seem too little compared to how many orders and ideas they have on their plate.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
http://www.ellusionist.com/is-that-a-new-ltd

update from Jake very funny  :)

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
About 50,000 Blue Artifice V1 were printed.
Where did you find this info?

100,000 has evidence supporting it where did you get 50,000?

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

When you say "staff" are you counting their design team, shipping/processing team,, and CEO? Twenty people just seem too little compared to how many orders and ideas they have on their plate.
About 20 people would sound about right to me, just the immediate team though, not artists that sell tricks on the site, but their Shipping, CEO, Designers, Customer support would seem about 20 people.

Think about it they have 1 CEO and maybe 2 other executive people. 6-7 people for shipping, like 3 or 4 designers, and a few customer support workers.

EDIT: sorry for double post I thought I had clicked modify not reply :-[
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:41:00 PM by Aaron »