You are Here:
Chancellor - Encarded Signature Series

Author (Read 9477 times)

Re: Chancellor - Encarded Signature Series
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Chancellor is moving right along, and I think you will enjoy these new images. Check Facebook for more.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.999867533369606.1073741829.308073555882344&type=3

Looks awesome! :D  Should have ordered more...  :o
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:32:08 PM by Cardfool »

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Missed them  :mindf-ck: Wasn't paying attention here and they slipped right under my radar =(
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »

KnightwingNC

• Newcomer
  • Love Collecting Rare and Limited Playing Cards
Hi

Just my luck! I signed up for this forum when this deck is sold out! Paul can you please put an update when you have some back in stock?

Thanks
KnightwingNC :) :D 8)

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Hi

Just my luck! I signed up for this forum when this deck is sold out! Paul can you please put an update when you have some back in stock?

Unfortunately, this was a 1,000 deck limited run, most of which have been already sold (as you are aware)...Paul probably has a few left, but I believe that they are for special occassions and promotions.  Your best bet will be to get them on the after market once they have shipped. :(

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 08:33:08 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I hesitated when it was up for sale, and only bought 3.. I really should had buy at least half brick.  :mindf-ck:

Unfortunately the exchange rate wasn't too good  >:(
Back for more

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 08:37:08 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I will probably have a few handfuls for sale here and there, but I do know there will be a couple people/companies selling them on the aftermarket, so you will have some chances to get a few.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »

KnightwingNC

• Newcomer
  • Love Collecting Rare and Limited Playing Cards
Hi Paul

I am going to wait till they come in the market, I can't wait to get two of them.

Thanks
KnightwingNC

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 08:50:02 PM »

Encarded Inc.

• We make cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
The first part of the shipment arrived today from EPCC (the last two gross got held up for a day) so I'll start shipping all the preorders soon. I expect I'll have a few for the store at some point, so keep a close eye on things if you missed it. They turned out quite nice!  ;)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:50:48 PM by Encarded PCC »

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 04:20:21 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
As stunning as the cards (and tuck) look in the images, this seems like another one of those decks which look tenfold better in person :D

For me this deck has everything that I loved about Aurum (in terms of intricate design, and beautiful use of colour), and then taken it to the next level. It's a masterpiece.

I'm guessing that this deck is going to follow the same path on the aftermarket as decks like Empire (V1) and Zenith did -- after year, the few that will show up on the bay will have something like 5 times the original pricetag.

People who busted all of their money on the 28th recolour of the T11 Monarchs (and I fully expect at least another 10 Monarchs recolours in the upcoming years) and were left with no money for a Chancellor deck may end up contemplating suicide.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 04:41:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

People who busted all of their money on the 28th recolour of the T11 Monarchs (and I fully expect at least another 10 Monarchs recolours in the upcoming years) and were left with no money for a Chancellor deck may end up contemplating suicide.

I thought T11 officially declared that the last recolor was indeed the LAST recolor of the series - no new colors.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 11:40:55 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Ellusionist also declared that the Madison Hustlers were the last in the Madison logo series... and then we had the Madison Revolvers!

Okay, T11 and Ellusionist are not one and the same... but still, it's tough to imagine T11 really doing the world a favour and sticking to their word by not releasing more Monarchs.

Anyway, my point was only meant to be as follows: I'm guessing that there will be a fair few that will regret blowing out money on Monarchs recolours, and leaving themselves nothing to be a deck like Chancellor that is superior to Monarchs in every way possible.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 03:36:10 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
As stunning as the cards (and tuck) look in the images, this seems like another one of those decks which look tenfold better in person :D

This is definitely the case. The use of the metallic inks on the back really gives it a different look in different lights and angles. Sometimes it's pretty subdued, other times it's shiny and contrasting. I've tried to take some close-up pics but there is a whole lot going on, so you aren't going to see it all until it's in your hand. Aurum was quite detailed, but Chancellor is a whole lot more.

You will certainly see these decks for sale elsewhere in the coming weeks, as there were a few folks who (God bless 'em) bought quite a few at MSRP. I've got some ideas planned for a few of them too.  ;)
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2016, 12:54:43 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran

Damn JJ, you really kicked your superiority complex up into high gear. You can compliment a deck and its designer without dragging others through the mud. It seems to be a running theme with your posts.

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 03:12:16 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
10ofclubs, I've not carried out any analysis into my any running patterns into my posts... and so due to time constraints, I'll just take your word for it brother.

At the end of the day, nobody is obliged to like (or even dislike) every single deck. To call a deck good or bad is a highly subjective thing -- I'm stating the absolute obvious when I say that.

I genuinely think that the Monarchs decks suck rotten eggs, just as I think other lazy recolours do. The Monarchs recolours (and I genuinely don't even remember what the colours were this time. Red? Green? Black?) released around the same sort of time as the Chancellor deck, and so a comparison between the two really shouldn't come as a shock to anybody's system. Some people may choose to express their likes/dislikes in an ultra-politcaly correct way to ensure that nobody living, dead, or even imaginary ends up getting hurt feelings... where as others will just call something outright brilliant or outright garbage.

I've done just that, and I although I haven't memorised my posts from the past few days/weeks/months, whatever I wrote, I'll stand by the posts. The "superiority complex" thing... nah, I don't have any interest in that sort of stuff.

Back to the deck, I got my shipping confirmation for my 5 decks today... and needless to day, I really look forward to receiving these beauties! :D

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 06:22:30 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Okay, my decks have arrived.

I mentioned in previous posts that people may consider suicide for not buying these decks... well, now I'm considering slitting my wrists... because I didn't buy enough of them!!

I've not opened any of my 5 decks so far, but if I had purchased at least a brick, then I definitely would have opened one. Damn, I really should have taken out a loan and got myself more!! Hahaha.

The Chancellor tuck is spectacular. Seriously, this has to be one of the most stunning tucks of all time. Black card and gold foil works brilliantly almost everytime... and this is the easily one of the best. This, and the Limited Edition Hive 2 tuck are my favourites.

The custom seal is easily the best custom seal that I've ever seen.

I think this is Paul's best deck till date. Excellent! :D

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I mentioned in previous posts that people may consider suicide for not buying these decks... well, now I'm considering slitting my wrists... because I didn't buy enough of them!!

I've not opened any of my 5 decks so far, but if I had purchased at least a brick, then I definitely would have opened one. Damn, I really should have taken out a loan and got myself more!! Hahaha.

The Chancellor tuck is spectacular. Seriously, this has to be one of the most stunning tucks of all time. Black card and gold foil works brilliantly almost everytime... and this is the easily one of the best. This, and the Limited Edition Hive 2 tuck are my favourites.

Holy J you gotta open 1 brother... it is absolutely stunning, I only got 3 of them but I opened 1 anyway and my mind was blown away out of this earth..
I was surprised even though I already saw the photos on IG.. it is becoming the best looking cards in my small collection.. Well done Paul and Well done EPCC on printing this perfectly.
Back for more

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2016, 09:12:21 PM »

Tayranno

This deck has stolen my heart.  Plus the serial # is my friggin' birthday and makes me love it all the more. :karrit:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:43:42 PM by Tayranno »

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2016, 07:11:34 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

Holy J you gotta open 1 brother... it is absolutely stunning, I only got 3 of them but I opened 1 anyway and my mind was blown away out of this earth..
I was surprised even though I already saw the photos on IG.. it is becoming the best looking cards in my small collection.. Well done Paul and Well done EPCC on printing this perfectly.

I agree with HankMan, open one and you won't be sorry HolyJJ. This is a special deck that you won't fully appreciate until you have them out of the tuck haha. Easily landing itself in the top ten decks for me within seconds. As cool as the tuck is, the deck itself is better.

This deck has stolen my heart.  Plus the serial # is my friggin' birthday and makes me love it all the more. :karrit:

Now that's just damn cool, nice coincidence!
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2016, 06:14:45 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

I'd like to say I planned that, but....
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2016, 12:12:33 PM »

vasta41

One might call it MAGIC!

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2016, 02:34:23 PM »

Tayranno

Now that's just damn cool, nice coincidence!

It was a fun realization!  Cool bday present for me, as it wasn't that long ago (gift monies=helpful in buying signature decks).

I'll still thank you for it. :))  This deck is really beautiful!

One might call it MAGIC!
;D