You are Here:
Your Opinions on Scalpers/Resellers

Author (Read 7194 times)

Re: Your Opinions on Scalpers/Resellers
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 01:03:16 PM »

RF

• Elite Member
when I see a "rare" deck of cards for a cheaper prize than on every other online store I often buy more of them, one to open, some for my collection and some for sale

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 01:04:13 PM »

RF

• Elite Member
I don't mean that I buy 3 bricks or so, just some more, maybe 3-4

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I don't mean that I buy 3 bricks or so, just some more, maybe 3-4

You can edit any of your post by clicking the modify button on either the bottom right or top right of the post. It is just proper forum etiquette to edit rather than double post.

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 01:35:15 PM »

RF

• Elite Member
You can edit any of your post by clicking the modify button on either the bottom right or top right of the post. It is just proper forum etiquette to edit rather than double post.

oh ok thanks, don't know it ;)

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
I only hate people who buy decks just to make profit and not because they like it..and that piss me off and when they sell them they will sell it for quite a high price.. lol to be honest i also resell deck ..dun think i am a jerk i sell it because i got no choice since i dun have any income only way is to save and buy and reselling some of my collection just unsure me to get more deck to my collection.if you put yourself in my shoes you should be able to understand me :D

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I only hate people who buy decks just to make profit and not because they like it..and that piss me off and when they sell them they will sell it for quite a high price.. lol to be honest i also resell deck ..dun think i am a jerk i sell it because i got no choice since i dun have any income only way is to save and buy and reselling some of my collection just unsure me to get more deck to my collection.if you put yourself in my shoes you should be able to understand me :D

Please don't take offence to this but, what you are saying seems to be a tad hypocritical. Anyone who sells decks is in it to make a profit and I would say for the most part, they do enjoy making money.....who doesn't? I just find it silly that you justify yourself as being some what "less of a bad person" because buying and selling decks is your only source of income. In fact, I am pretty sure most of the big resellers of cards rely on this as their main/only source of income.

Sorry if I come off a bit harsh in that comment, but I think it is unfair that you can say that you "hate" people because of them doing something that you do yourself.

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 12:08:20 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
phamtom mention somthing like this ---> at page 1 'He didn't buy it because he want it, but he want only to make profit'
i did not purposely buy decks and sell them just because i want to get profit i buy them because it like a hobby i just love doing flourishes with it
and phamtom also mention the guy go around asking if anyone want to buy from him but i did not go around asking i only sell when my friend want to buy for me since we dun have shop that sell poker even if they do it is very far around

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
We obviously have a difference of opinion, and that is fine. But from your post that I will quote below states, you are planning on reselling for profit.

After i get it i will immediately resell it since i am tight on cash..i am planning to sell $20SGD for one deck ? is it worth it ?

I don't mind that you are selling cards, as I stated, I do it myself on occasion. But I do not think it is fair for you to say you "hate" people who in reality are doing the same thing you are doing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:28:53 PM by Curt »

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 10:24:56 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I agree w/Curt. A little hypocritical, but to each their own.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 03:42:12 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
phamtom mention somthing like this ---> at page 1 'He didn't buy it because he want it, but he want only to make profit'
i did not purposely buy decks and sell them just because i want to get profit i buy them because it like a hobby i just love doing flourishes with it
and phamtom also mention the guy go around asking if anyone want to buy from him but i did not go around asking i only sell when my friend want to buy for me since we dun have shop that sell poker even if they do it is very far around

I didn't mean it's you.

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:51 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
One good thing with the resellers or the wholesalers is that atleast if you do miss a deck because your not around you can still pick them up for a relatively decent price if you very quick. Some ebay sellers have some decent prices at times and so it's not all bad. I guess though if they didn't buy so many in the first place though then we could just get them from the original source but like me, I buy for the most part only a few decks and so buying them off ebay for a few dollars more a few days later isn't a huge problem, it's just when you get someone who wants bricks and bricks who's kind of stuck.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:05:03 AM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 05:09:52 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Most people would like a brick anyway if they really like that cards right? So say someone buys 2 bricks, 1 keep and 1 resell, that only hurts 1 other person. If the reseller has decency he will not mark up the other brick too much. Side note; I find it humorous when people come on after the release of a deck asking for the original selling price...from a reseller pov that would make buying extra decks absolutely pointless.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 08:54:10 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Most people would like a brick anyway if they really like that cards right? So say someone buys 2 bricks, 1 keep and 1 resell, that only hurts 1 other person. If the reseller has decency he will not mark up the other brick too much. Side note; I find it humorous when people come on after the release of a deck asking for the original selling price...from a reseller pov that would make buying extra decks absolutely pointless.

yea because take in consideration if i am reselling i would like you to atleast pay for the deck you get, shipping for it to get to you, and the shipping it cost for me to get the deck that way the decks i keep i actually got for cheaper then what they originally were.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I try to make my resells pay for my collection. But it doesn't always work out. For instance, I have GC and RC for sale for only a couple dollars more than they sold for.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
what is GC and RC?
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 10:51:20 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
what is GC and RC?

Green Crown, Red Crown

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 11:01:16 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
what is GC and RC?
GC:green crown
RC:red crown .. Crown deck <------the company name i thiink so

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 11:03:33 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Indeed, I refer to the Green and Red crowns from The Blue Crown
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Indeed, I refer to the Green and Red crowns from The Blue Crown
ya those deck are cool i have only 2 blue crown .. lol dun feel like opening them

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 11:20:40 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
ya those deck are cool i have only 2 blue crown .. lol dun feel like opening them

Just open one of them and feel the touch.

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
They are a little too slick for my taste and the design isn't all that
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Ok,

We have reached my completely made up, 6 off topic posts in a row limit ( which is subject to change at any time ). Back on topic from now on please.  ;)

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Roger that Curt, my apologies...got side tracked. It is looking like the general thought is within reason resellers aren't doing anything wrong morally.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 02:19:40 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
No worries mate,

I am not trying to single any people out, and really do not want to have to delete posts and such. Just trying to keep the forum organized, while trying to not come across as a jerk. I realize it is very easy to get sidetracked and for the most part, the community is doing quite well to regulate themselves.

As for the this topic, I am glad to see that some people had differing opinions because it makes the conversation more interesting in general. I had expected the general consensus would be that resellers can be a little annoying but it's tough to get mad at them for it. If anyone else has lurked this thread but not put in their two cents, feel free to do so, especially if it differs from the norm.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:29:55 PM by Curt »

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
straight up i believe it is up to the buyer what it is worth. you can use this theory for anything. one mans garbage is another mans treasure. You may love this deck and want $40 for it. Me as a buyer does not want it that much, I believe the price should be $20 and will not pay that much for it. So in this case they have different opinions on the value. what you should do is sell it for what you believe the value to be. if no one buys it lower it. as you buy look for what seems a good price for it. be patient and it might lower. if not then you have to ask you self how badly do you want it?