You are Here:
Uncut sheets and TUCK sheets!

Author (Read 1081 times)

Uncut sheets and TUCK sheets!
« on: May 22, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys!  Just wanted to give a heads-up that in about 10 minutes we'll be releasing Uncut Sheets over at HOPC.

In addition to the single card sheets, we'll also be offering some bundles so you can save.

We also have something really exciting - uncut TUCK BOX sheets for the NOC decks!

USPC prints 9 tucks on a sheet, but they actually do some mixing and matching when they do this.  So the Tuck sheets will be available as a 2-sheet set so you get all 5 colors.  One sheet has 3 colors, the other sheet has 2 colors.

Kevin
www.houseofplayingcards.com
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

Re: Uncut sheets and TUCK sheets!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
My goodness... I truly feel it's a shame what's happening... Is the uncut Tuck Box sheet for a mediocre deck really exciting or another way to charge exorbitant prices and make money... but like it was said in the other post all 100 of the $37 seal Fultons sold out, so good luck selling your uncut tuck box sheets... I'm sure many excited fans will line up for them... After such an amazing deck as the Vaudeville deck - to follow up with this... SMDH

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey jmrock.  We understand that you're not a big fan of the NOC deck.  That's ok.  Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything that they don't want.

This is the first time uncut tucks have been offered anywhere.  We find that to be pretty exciting, regardless of which deck it is.

As I've stated in other threads, different decks appeal to different people for different reasons.  We think the plain style of the NOC is really well-suited to a lot of applications.  We have 3 other decks available alongside the NOC that have plenty of design, effort, and detail.  And we'll be coming out with plenty more.

We think that Uncut Tucks are a pretty unique and fun item, and it's exciting for us to be the first company to offer them.  We also think that the price of $44.95 for a set of 2 tuck sheets offers quite a good value for anyone who wants to pick them up.

Another note - The NOC uncut tucks are the first double-sided tucks to be printed in-house at USPC.  Prior to this deck, printing inside the tuck required use of a 3rd party printer. Just another unique little factoid about these uncut tuck sheets.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:40:54 PM by Reylek »
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Hey jmrock.  We understand that you're not a big fan of the NOC deck.  That's ok.  Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything that they don't want.

This is the first time uncut tucks have been offered anywhere.  We find that to be pretty exciting, regardless of which deck it is.

As I've stated in other threads, different decks appeal to different people for different reasons.  We think the plain style of the NOC is really well-suited to a lot of applications.  We have 3 other decks available alongside the NOC that have plenty of design, effort, and detail.  And we'll be coming out with plenty more.

We think that Uncut Tucks are a pretty unique and fun item, and it's exciting for us to be the first company to offer them.  We also think that the price of $44.95 for a set of 2 tuck sheets offers quite a good value for anyone who wants to pick them up.

Another note - The NOC uncut tucks are the first double-sided tucks to be printed in-house at USPC.  Prior to this deck, printing inside the tuck required use of a 3rd party printer. Just another unique little factoid about these uncut tuck sheets.
As I wrote on the other forum, I like how you guys are doing this. No hype, just release. The only reason why I am not jumping on it is I have one uncutt sheet (deck one) that I have still not got around to framing and I do not want my OCD to kick in on uncutts as it has on playing cards. I like what you are doing and have new found respect for your company. With the glut of kickstarter (which I am swearing off) and playing card companies it is good to see someone doing something different. +1 to you and I will be watching for your releases. Good luck on your sale.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 03:18:50 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'm very impressed with the prices of all the sheets and I think it's very cool that you have uncut tuck sheets. I love the NOC deck but I think the first uncut tuck sheets ever offered should have been something with more to it like the Vaudeville deck or something.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Evan - A tricky thing about offering uncut tucks (now and moving forward) is that the tucks tend to be printed with that mix and match.  For the NOC, since there were 5 versions, they were all printed together.

But for another deck, such as the Vaudeville or any other, the tucks could very easily be printed alongside another deck.  So the sheet might have a few Vaudevilles, and a few of another deck that we don't own.  From a printing standpoint, that's not a problem, as they're intended to be cut, separated, and folded for the final product.  It does pose a problem for the uncut option though.  We do hope to be able to offer other uncut tucks in the future, but it's not as straightforward of a proposition as it might seem on the surface.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and kind words!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Great products you have their Reylek! I love the idea of releasing uncut tuck boxes and the fact that most uncut sheets, expecially the NOC sheet, are fairly inexpensive! That fact that you've created a few bundles is great for the buyer as well.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 12:39:14 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I really like the Uncut Tucks, and the NOC decks. I was sceptical at first but these are beautiful decks. I am going to pick up the uncut tucks.  How many sets are being released?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 12:44:19 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Congrats on being bold and releasing such a plain and simple deck as well as uncuts and tuck sheets!