You are Here:
New deck ?? hell no !! new seal :D

Author (Read 3647 times)

New deck ?? hell no !! new seal :D
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:30:27 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Dan and Dave are selling fulton deck for $37.95 just because it has a addition seal , this seriously is way over price ..
http://shop.dananddave.com/playing-cards/fultons-private-reserve-playing-cards.html

Re: New deck ?? hell no !! new seal :D
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:35:35 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I definitely won't be buying that. It's just another way to get money from us.
But hey, they're not the first company to do that. Encarded with the gold seals, the skulkor deck with the wax, and many others.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
but the skulkor red wax was included if we purchase 1 or 2 brick .. but i agree about the encarded one ..

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 11:43:35 PM »

anep21

• Elite Member
but the skulkor red wax was included if we purchase 1 or 2 brick .. but i agree about the encarded one ..

this is also free if we purchase 1 brick of fulton's deck

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:37:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
They're pandering to the "gotta get 'em all" mentality of some collectors.  Honestly, I'm really not liking this trend.  But hey, it's not like I have to buy one, right?  :))

I bought a brick of Fulton's over the holidays - does that mean I'm retroactively entitled to one?  (lol)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 07:39:29 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
To be fair, I did give away 3/4 of the gold seal decks for a huge price of $0. :)

Anything that sets apart a deck into a limited/different/rare item is interesting and exciting for a collector, whether that be a signature, a different box, a seal, a certificate. If it wasn't, we certainly wouldn't see things like this. I think that only having 100 of those Clip Joints is great, though that is a pretty high premium.

I won't buy one, but that's the beauty of it all, you can get what you want.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 08:18:08 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Heh. I know that symbol on the seal... I wonder why they chose that?

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Fulton Clip Joint deck are only sold for 6.95 they are selling the same deck just with a extra seal for 37.95 which i think $31 for a seal .. some people might think that depending on how rare the deck is it is worth it , but not me .. 
Heh. I know that symbol on the seal... I wonder why they chose that?
not quite sure but i think it suit the theme of the deck

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 11:29:11 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
They're pandering to the "gotta get 'em all" mentality of some collectors.  Honestly, I'm really not liking this trend.  But hey, it's not like I have to buy one, right?  :))

I bought a brick of Fulton's over the holidays - does that mean I'm retroactively entitled to one?  (lol)
I think this mentality is starting to disappear, little by little. Out of the forums, many members such as me, JM, you, loldudex, Evan etc. now are more selective about what we buy, both on KS and other types of releases.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »

Dudeee

• True Member

I think this mentality is starting to disappear, little by little. Out of the forums, many members such as me, JM, you, loldudex, Evan etc. now are more selective about what we buy, both on KS and other types of releases.

Bro, count me in too......

I always try to look on the bright side of things, as of a few minutes ago I had the "gotta have em all" mentality, but now, I'm a changed man.

Advice to all collectors, buy what you like, but dun like stupid $31 seals. Let's all make them suffer!!!

PS. A little off topic, IMO if there are so many LTDs lying around, I dun think they are rare, they are just hidden in a warehouse somewhere.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 12:07:08 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
not quite sure but i think it suit the theme of the deck

Really?  Do you know what it is?  It's a Freemason symbol.  I wonder if someone there's a mason?

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 12:16:04 PM »

nimblewitted

I don't think they mean the deck costs that--it's the price of a brick WITH that deck: "The process is automatic. Simply add a combination of 12 Fulton brand decks to your shopping cart and receive one Private Reserve deck with your order".

Nevermind--I just realized that it is the price if you want to order it without getting the brick. My mistake.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:17:43 PM by nimblewitted »

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »

frostchew

And I assume these clip joints with the "special" deck seal have had their cellophane removed since they needed to get the sticker on. More like 'Fulton's private reserve of deck seals', don't you think?

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 12:43:13 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Why would they need to remove the cello to get the seal on?  It's put on the same as any other seal.  I'm pretty sure they'd be sealed in cello.

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Why would they need to remove the cello to get the seal on?  It's put on the same as any other seal.  I'm pretty sure they'd be sealed in cello.
Because there's only 100 and i dont think it's another run of FCJ?

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 01:24:31 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i think they just take 100 fulton clip joint playing cards , peel off the cellophane and paste the seal ..

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Well, the pictures certainly don't show cellophane(And one of the boxes even has a bent flap corner...), but then again, do they ever? There's also the possibility that they could be resealed.
Since it can be obtained for free with a brick of regular fultons, I don't think we should see it as anything more than a little bonus. They don't force anyone to buy them separately - if you do, then you deserve paying that price. :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:48:19 PM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 04:10:12 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
I am going to pass. These really just doesn't touch me right now. or maybe I just feel sick right now. :( but I'm tired of limited expensive decks. :( waaaah.

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 04:43:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
My guess is that they either had them made that way from the start, or they opened 100 packs, sealed them by hand and used a resealer to bring the deck back to "factory fresh" condition.

Am I the only one who noticed that the Freemason-like design on the seal is UPSIDE DOWN in the photos on the site?  Makes you wonder if they're all like that.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 11:04:59 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
You've gotta love these douches... Wouldn't it have been nice to offer this from the very start to all of the dozens and dozens of loyal supporters that bought bricks and bricks of decks... Hell, I might have even bought a brick rather than the half dozen I picked up... What you've gotta love is that they're trying yet another tactic to get rid of the overstock of these Fulton Brand Decks... Why not slap a sticker across the front that says Magic Con II, then maybe they'd sell out in under a minute...

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »

dcell59

• True Member

Are you sure it's not just disappearing from this forum? I've been a collector of various things for a long time, and I've seen all of this happen before, including people predicting the end of "this mentality".

Keep in mind that new collectors are always trying to find an "in". We can't get great deals on the items many of you got early on, so our only good option is to buy everything new we can and hope that we get something worth trading for something else or selling for enough of a profit (to people who haven't started collecting yet). Has anyone in this community created a "guide" to help steer collectors so they don't make the same mistakes that most likely many of you did?

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
Has anyone in this community created a "guide" to help steer collectors so they don't make the same mistakes that most likely many of you did?
I don't think that would really work.  I know sinjin7 and many others on UC were advising a couple of years ago to not buy everything, but to be honest I largely ignored that until recently/now....   I wanted one of everything damn it!
 ;)
Even so, would I like a deck with a new seal? Yep.  But will I buy another brick of these cards to get one, or pay $38, and then the ridiculous postage to get a deck that cost them $3 to make? Ummm, no.

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:45 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Let's see now... as a collector myself, I should pay $37 for a deck with a seal, so the seal costs $30 alone because it is limited to 100. I will not be buying a brick of FJ since I have bought a brick previously. Then I should buy a DB $350 leather clip because I need the best clip to protect my normal FJ deck with a very expensive seal and I will be the envy of all because, you know, I have a DB collectible whateverskin clip and a rare seal that everyone else apart from the 99 of you don't.

Pop $250 for a MC2 uncut where famous magicians who most of them I do not recognize signed on, defacing the beautiful card faces to hang on my wall and I am set.

$637 in total. Will I be envied?  ::)

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Let's see now... as a collector myself, I should pay $37 for a deck with a seal, so the seal costs $30 alone because it is limited to 100. I will not be buying a brick of FJ since I have bought a brick previously. Then I should buy a DB $350 leather clip because I need the best clip to protect my normal FJ deck with a very expensive seal and I will be the envy of all because, you know, I have a DB collectible whateverskin clip and a rare seal that everyone else apart from the 99 of you don't.

Pop $250 for a MC2 uncut where famous magicians who most of them I do not recognize signed on, defacing the beautiful card faces to hang on my wall and I am set.

$637 in total. Will I be envied?  ::)
Not in any way. At least not be me. You will be pitied by me instead by your naïveness and your falling into their money-making trap.

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
And say what you will, but all of those 100 decks are sold out. People like limited things, it really is as simple as that. I still think that price was a bit high, but there are plenty of people that probably would have spent more.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out