You are Here:
Spar playing cards

Author (Read 12929 times)

Spar playing cards
« on: April 08, 2012, 05:37:30 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Hi, This is a new deck by LuChen, Spar playing cards, designed by si scoot and printed by uspcc.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:38:15 AM by junjie04 »

Re: Spar playing cards
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 05:56:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That's not much of a peek.  Show me the cards!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:56:57 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Oooo. Cool. Si Scott. Smoke and mirrors. Lu Chen. Inspiration. When n where will this be available?

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Wow, this looks VERY similar to the box of S&M v1-3. Even if it has the same artist, It's not necessarily a bad thing, but very odd, don't you think?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I played around with it. The quality is great, I think Tally-Ho paper stock is used for this deck.

I was told that the deck will be made available to his fans when he does his full evening show in Hong Kong this month.

However, I think the chance of these decks being available online for sale is very slim.

FYI, Lu Chen is not just famous magician, but more a super pop star kind of magician in greater China area, he has over 2 million fans following him on chinese version of Twitter.

For as little as 5000 decks, I bet his Hong Kong fans can take that much right on spot after his show.

If you don't live in Hong Kong then ... perhaps the only way to get them is wait for some of his fans resale them on eBay.

Amour Playing Cards & Amour Magic Collection
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:07:52 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I played around with it. The quality is great, I think Tally-Ho paper stock is used for this deck.

I was told that the deck will be made available to his fans when he does his full evening show in Hong Kong this month.

However, I think the chance of these decks being available online for sale is very slim.

FYI, Lu Chen is not just famous magician, but more a super pop star kind of magician in greater China area, he has over 2 million fans following him on chinese version of Twitter.

For as little as 5000 decks, I bet his Hong Kong fans can take that much right on spot after his show.

If you don't live in Hong Kong then ... perhaps the only way to get them is wait for some of his fans resale them on eBay.
Does the tally-ho stock still exist?

This has got to be one of my must get decks this year. Why did he have to do a 5000 run???  >:(

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Now who's going hong kong?

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I'm up for a couple if anyone who gets any will sell, pm me if that's you. Cheers
UC

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 11:14:32 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't see why this deck is a must have.... We haven't even seen the cards. :-\

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

This has got to be one of my must get decks this year. Why did he have to do a 5000 run???  >:(

Apparently it has something to do with his deal with Si Scott, the number of the decks that can be printed is limited by Si Scott.

www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
I don't see why this deck is a must have.... We haven't even seen the cards. :-\
Simply because it's designed by Lu Chen and si scott. It's a 5000 run deck.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

Apparently it has something to do with his deal with Si Scott, the number of the decks that can be printed is limited by Si Scott.
Don't the smoke and mirror series, which is also designed by the man himself, have a much greater run than 5000? Well anyways. It's such a shame. He also probably wanted to do a limited run so that he can have a run for our money. Haha.

@evan probably because I am a Lu Chen fanboy. That's why its a must have ;)

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Don't the smoke and mirror series, which is also designed by the man himself, have a much greater run than 5000? Well anyways. It's such a shame. He also probably wanted to do a limited run so that he can have a run for our money. Haha.

@evan probably because I am a Lu Chen fanboy. That's why its a must have ;)

I am not sure about other magicians, but Lu Chen? Trust me, he doesn't need to make money from selling limited run of playing cards.
I believe his fee is approximately $100,000 USD per gig for shows in China and he is super busy.

One thing I need to clarify though, he is a friend of mine but I am not involved in any part of the sales of these decks, and I won't be able to get hold many of them except maybe a few decks from him as a gift.

www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 07:37:57 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
The run for our money part was meant to be a joke :). So one of his gig can fund one print run. How awesome!

Zenneth. Maybe you can get some for us aetherians. Hehe. Just saying. ;)

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
He already posted that he could not
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The AoS, Box, and Back Design share a lot of looks with the S&M V1-V3
But it still looks good!

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 12:43:57 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
i saw it on chinese blog that those cards were suppose to be made for Lu Chen himself. It's more his own use and not for sale. But who knows if that is true or just a marketing thing

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 06:38:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Does the tally-ho stock still exis?

Yes and no.  The original no longer exists (or at least they're no longer ordering it), but they're using a variant of Aristocrat that's a bit firmer instead.  If you asked for Tally Ho stock, that's likely what they'd offer you.

The AoS, Box, and Back Design share a lot of looks with the S&M V1-V3
But it still looks good!

I'd want to see more of the deck.  They're nice, and yes, very reminiscent of S&M's first three versions.  There's too many good decks out there for me to jump at the first thing I see - I want to know more.

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 10:38:37 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i love the back design .. but i think the v1 - v3 look nicer but compare to v4 v5 v6 v7 this look way better !! i thought that is no such thing as tally ho stock .. i watched a deck review on the tally ho and the person say there is no such stock as tally ho stock .. the stock it uses is the bicycle stock .. let me try to find the review for you all i might be bad though ..

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I don't think the ace goes with the jokers but they do look reminiscent of the s&m's.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:32:53 AM by the flying fisherman »
UC

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
So I'm not sure exactly what's going on with these cards but I contacted Si Scott personnally to ask for more information on the cards and he responded with the following.......

''That deck of cards was never finished in the end as I
ended up in hospital having to have major back surgery so all projects
at that time were either postponed or left.

Thanks for getting in touch though.

Cheers Si''

Either there's just been a mix up with the name getting out there or these are the cards Si was working on and they have used his artwork without his knowledge. I sent him a couple of links to pictures I've seen and so hopefully that helps him.
I doubt it's the mix up of the name, it has to be si scott's design. If you check his website most of his artwork are mainly focused on black and white curves drawing (not sure if it's a suitable description, but yea you know what i mean). If' it's not his design then someone must be copying with guilt.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I've gotten rid of my post as maybe I shouldn't post about what's not confirmed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:26:27 AM by the flying fisherman »
UC

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Since zennth said that he has played around with it and Lu Chen is going to sell them at the end of this month in his hong kong tour. I am guessing they have already been printed. If so, I sense a lawsuit coming. This also makes this deck even more worth collecting.

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Lmao Sieg, I was thinking the exact same thing. "Now I really need to get a deck." A scandal deck? Hell yes, I am in :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Liu Chen is famous here! yes he is. I always see his shows in the Subway TVs. LoL
OMG I have seen these before. I thought they were just DD knockoffs so I didn't buy it LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
So thats what the chinese dude was telling me about the deck being from a YOUMING DE REN (famous) person.
But I'm not 100% percent sure if it was the same exact thing. It could have been a knock off of a knock off. So whatever.
Damn these chinamen, I need to keep my eyes peeled even more now. ***sigh***

I hope Liu Chen contacts Si to get permission for his Art.

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 01:58:39 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I wouldn't like to say what's what.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:24:30 AM by the flying fisherman »
UC

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 06:33:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
i love the back design .. but i think the v1 - v3 look nicer but compare to v4 v5 v6 v7 this look way better !! i thought that is no such thing as tally ho stock .. i watched a deck review on the tally ho and the person say there is no such stock as tally ho stock .. the stock it uses is the bicycle stock .. let me try to find the review for you all i might be bad though ..

My info on the stock comes from a designer who's worked with USPC.  If anyone knows, he does.

Lalita - if you find that deck, I'm down for a few packs!  It would be one of those Holy Grail decks, impossible to find anywhere in no time flat.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:38:14 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 07:12:17 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

My info on the stock comes from a designer who's worked with USPC.  If anyone knows, he does.

Lalita - if you find that deck, I'm down for a few packs!  It would be one of those Holy Grail decks, impossible to find anywhere in no time flat.

is LALITA me? I'm just making sure. ^-^
But yeah
Will let you know if I find those too.
You know what I hate the most,
When you don't look for something it is always JUST THERE.
then the moment you want it or need it. POOOOF it vanishes into thin air like Copperfield . meh

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Lalita is me :)
I'm in Japan. Not sure if I can get the decks or not.
No one here is talking about it. But I'll try.

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:09 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Lol Lalita is referring to phantom.

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 08:12:03 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I'm still in for some if anyone gets any, pm me. Cheers
UC

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 08:33:37 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

Oh LoL! hahaha when I was younger our "butler" called me Laring or Larita, so I was like 0_o.......
I thought it was me Ahahaha!!!

I want to go to Japan. <--- random moment.

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

is LALITA me? I'm just making sure. ^-^
But yeah
Will let you know if I find those too.
You know what I hate the most,
When you don't look for something it is always JUST THERE.
then the moment you want it or need it. POOOOF it vanishes into thin air like Copperfield . meh

Lalita is me :)
I'm in Japan. Not sure if I can get the decks or not.
No one here is talking about it. But I'll try.

Ah, whoops.  Sorry, ladies!  Lalita/Phantom was at the top of my head because of the big trade we're completing.

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 07:17:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
A thought just occurred to me - USPC doesn't print squat unless they know the designer has clear rights to the artwork. This can't be a USPC deck if there's some discrepancy about the ownership of Si Scott's art.

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
If you find any Krystle, pick me up about 4!!!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 01:26:26 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
They are by the same designer (S&M 1~3 and Spar)! It says on the side of the box.

It's funny how the designer just change the words and do minor changes to make it a "new" design for someone else.

next thing we know, T11 or E could hire him and we could possible get a similar design with different word on it.

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 01:33:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
They are by the same designer (S&M 1~3 and Spar)! It says on the side of the box.

It's funny how the designer just change the words and do minor changes to make it a "new" design for someone else.

next thing we know, T11 or E could hire him and we could possible get a similar design with different word on it.

Did you read the earlier posts (or were they removed)?  There were some email exchanges with Si Scott, in which Si claimed that the deal to use his designs for this deck wasn't finalized due to his recent hospitalization, but that it appears that Chen's people went ahead and printed the deck anyway.  Since USPC goes through a process of verification regarding intellectual property rights, I can't see this as being a USPC deck unless the Si Scott information is totally wrong.

There's something not entirely right going on here, one way or another.

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 01:44:03 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular

Did you read the earlier posts (or were they removed)?  There were some email exchanges with Si Scott, in which Si claimed that the deal to use his designs for this deck wasn't finalized due to his recent hospitalization, but that it appears that Chen's people went ahead and printed the deck anyway.  Since USPC goes through a process of verification regarding intellectual property rights, I can't see this as being a USPC deck unless the Si Scott information is totally wrong.

I didn't see any post regarding the email. I might have missed it. Anyone wants to expand on that??
If what the email say is true. Does it mean this would be "illegally" produce? or It can still be okay since Si Scott's name is mention and still credited?

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 04:41:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I didn't see any post regarding the email. I might have missed it. Anyone wants to expand on that??
If what the email say is true. Does it mean this would be "illegally" produce? or It can still be okay since Si Scott's name is mention and still credited?

Well it looks like the posts were yanked by their author.  The posts mentioned that there were negotiations under way, Si Scott hadn't completed them, had to go to the hospital for surgery, and that now they're already on the market despite there being no final agreement in place.  So yes, if they're indeed out there (and they appear to be), they were produced illegally.  This of course assumes that everything said about the agreement and the communications with Si Scott was factual.  I wasn't in the room, so I couldn't tell you for sure...

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 05:27:42 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
So no one has any luck with these cards yet. I read on weibo(china's twitter) that some magicians have already received them from Lu Chen as a gift. Lu Chen even wrote that even Lee Asher was asking him how he could get his hands on some as Asher's friends have been asking Asher. Looks like this is really hot stuff.

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 06:35:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So no one has any luck with these cards yet. I read on weibo(china's twitter) that some magicians have already received them from Lu Chen as a gift. Lu Chen even wrote that even Lee Asher was asking him how he could get his hands on some as Asher's friends have been asking Asher. Looks like this is really hot stuff.

I know Lee just returned from China recently.  I'll have to ask him about that.

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 07:58:58 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
If Lee is having trouble getting some, little ol us are without hope.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »

vmagic

I don't see what the big deal is with these. They don't look like anything spectacular to me and they may have been printed illegally to top it off, not to mention how hard they are to find. Sorry I just don't see the interest, I certainly don't have any at the moment and i'm usually the first to get a new deck once it comes out.

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Latest news from kete moon's blog: Lu Chen will be seeling these at the hong kong stop of his magic tour. One ticket is only allowed to buy one. And one 2000 will be sold there. So it's a while stocks last.

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Latest news from kete moon's blog: Lu Chen will be seeling these at the hong kong stop of his magic tour. One ticket is only allowed to buy one. And one 2000 will be sold there. So it's a while stocks last.

Yeah, well, just like the MagicCon v2 deck, when I see nonsense like this, I lose interest.  They're frikkin' cards, man!

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2012, 11:08:07 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

Yeah, well, just like the MagicCon v2 deck, when I see nonsense like this, I lose interest.  They're frikkin' cards, man!
I don't think the equivalent is mcv2 but the white lions because it was meant for his own personal use and not to commemorate a convention. Speaking of which I would have hoped that he did something like what db and dnd did. Which is to sell some of them online and not at a convention.

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

Dudeee

• True Member

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
it super expensive !! $57!!!

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2012, 01:44:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
it super expensive !! $57!!!

Really?  We would never have know this if you hadn't told us, Hawjinjian!  We're so grateful to have someone like you here to tell us obvious facts!  I super happy!!!

Was there anything you wanted to ADD to your statement of obvious fact, or was this tidbit of information for those Discourse members who are "clickthrough-challenged" and have difficulty opening a link to an eBay auction?

Forgive my attitude, but I like my conversations to have more substance to them.  We all know they're expensive, bro - we can read, too!

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »

Daniel

• That's unexpected O.o That's what she said, kinda

• Facebook:

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 11:53:50 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
UC

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think he meant that the ebay price at 57$ is cheap comparing to 120$ in the link he found.

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I think he meant that the ebay price at 57$ is cheap comparing to 120$ in the link he found.

Oh yes, that makes sense, my apologies to you Daniel and thanks phantom1412 :)
UC

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:40 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

No need to apologize, I just wanna help clearing things up.

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 01:34:18 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It's pretty cheap compared to the price here
http://www.magiccastle.com.sg/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=3373&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Cheap? Thanks for the link but I dont think 120 usd is pretty cheap for one deck.

I don't know where this $120 price comes from.  It was listed at SGD135, which is under US$109 at current rates.  Was is listed at SGD120 previous to the current price at the time they sold out?

If you ask me, either price is too high.  Even US$57 on eBay is too high.  Someone's targeting deep-pocketed collectors with this one, that's for certain.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:36:34 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 04:08:28 AM »

Daniel

• That's unexpected O.o That's what she said, kinda

• Facebook:

I don't know where this $120 price comes from.  It was listed at SGD135, which is under US$109 at current rates.  Was is listed at SGD120 previous to the current price at the time they sold out?

If you ask me, either price is too high.  Even US$57 on eBay is too high.  Someone's targeting deep-pocketed collectors with this one, that's for certain.

I think he meant that the price without the member discount is US$120.

Haha it's ok:)

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 04:27:09 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
LOL, Saying the deck is expensive is ridiculous... Buy a air ticket and fly there to attend the lecture then, you will only get one frikkin deck.
People are selling it to help subsided part of the lecture fee. I don't see the reason why people are angry for that price.

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
LOL, Saying the deck is expensive is ridiculous... Buy a air ticket and fly there to attend the lecture then, you will only get one frikkin deck.
People are selling it to help subsided part of the lecture fee. I don't see the reason why people are angry for that price.

I don't know if angry would be the right phrase for it, but it's a lot of money for about 3.3 ounces of paper...  People toss around the word "rare" a lot in this hobby these days and it's becoming more and more meaningless with each passing release.  Nothing compels me to want to spend more than a small fraction of the price these decks appear to be going for on eBay and elsewhere.  They're simply not exceptional enough in my mind to justify that price - "rare" alone is no longer enough.  I have rare decks up to my armpits!

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
im up for any  if anyone can grab a hold of these

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
http://www.magiccastle.com.sg/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=3373&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

I wonder how did this shop get so many decks? I thought it was limited to one per person at his shows. Would love to get this deck but not really actively seeking it out.

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2012, 02:17:55 PM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Couple hours ago somebody at FB ( Asiamagicshop ) sell it for USD 65  and USD 90 for signed deck.
They claimed they have 100 decks of it.
But now only left less than 12 signed deck available......
That's crazy.... !!

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2012, 11:45:36 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I wonder how did this shop get so many decks? I thought it was limited to one per person at his shows. Would love to get this deck but not really actively seeking it out.

Couple hours ago somebody at FB ( Asiamagicshop ) sell it for USD 65  and USD 90 for signed deck.
They claimed they have 100 decks of it.
But now only left less than 12 signed deck available......
That's crazy.... !!

Gang, this whole "limited edition" nonsense is what this is all about.  It's crazy what people are willing to pay for a short-run deck, ANY short-run deck, in this market, as long as it's made by a certain person or company.  And $25 extra for an autograph is highway robbery in this market.

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2012, 11:59:14 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
That's it! All 100 of the decks are now sold out!

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2012, 01:37:48 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

not even magic8000 was selling these. :(
weird. But yeah I still can't find it. Oh well. but I am keeping my eyes peeled for any decks. I even asked my Step Mother if she has any friends from kaixin who might know about it. so far none. :(

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2012, 01:47:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

weird. But yeah I still can't find it. Oh well. but I am keeping my eyes peeled for any decks. I even asked my Step Mother if she has any friends from kaixin who might know about it. so far none. :(

I wouldn't go too crazy, really.  This deck isn't all that the hype makes it out to be, in my opinion.

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2012, 02:57:25 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

I wouldn't go too crazy, really.  This deck isn't all that the hype makes it out to be, in my opinion.

I guess so. But anyway, still keeping my eyes peeled. :P

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2012, 04:37:25 AM »

ally_tac

• Newcomer

I used it for a while, it feels like black sealed bicycle 808. I think the spar deck is made for luchen's fans and collectors, not for magic or flourish.
BTW, I like your black/white gold sealed new fan back playing cards. :D

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2012, 01:21:24 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think Spar is okay for card magic, but probably too soft for card flourishes.

Thanks for your nice words on New Fan Back.

When I placed order at USPC for New Fan Back decks, I made it very clear about the few problems that I encountered with some of their decks. At the time, some of their decks were totally unfannable (black seal Tally Ho, green arrco etc...), or too thin (rider...I think they still are very thin these days). I remember I was shooting for a DVD with a newly opened rider deck, I ran through my patter while holding the deck in left hand dealing grip, when I back into action, the bottom card already magically bent on its own!

So I requested specifically for thicker paper stock and finish to make sure New Fan Back are fannable, springy and ideal for card flourishes,
and I wish for a hand feel of Dr. Leon decks.

I was very nervous about the quality of the decks until the several randomly picked decks from different grosses all fulfilled my expectation.

Still, the hand feel are slightly different between White and Black New Fan Back...so I come down to a conclusion about this, even USPC themselves couldn't duplicate the exact hand feel of their particular deck.
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2012, 09:47:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I think Spar is okay for card magic, but probably too soft for card flourishes.

Thanks for your nice words on New Fan Back.

When I placed order at USPC for New Fan Back decks, I made it very clear about the few problems that I encountered with some of their decks. At the time, some of their decks were totally unfannable (black seal Tally Ho, green arrco etc...), or too thin (rider...I think they still are very thin these days). I remember I was shooting for a DVD with a newly opened rider deck, I ran through my patter while holding the deck in left hand dealing grip, when I back into action, the bottom card already magically bent on its own!

So I requested specifically for thicker paper stock and finish to make sure New Fan Back are fannable, springy and ideal for card flourishes,
and I wish for a hand feel of Dr. Leon decks.

I was very nervous about the quality of the decks until the several randomly picked decks from different grosses all fulfilled my expectation.

Still, the hand feel are slightly different between White and Black New Fan Back...so I come down to a conclusion about this, even USPC themselves couldn't duplicate the exact hand feel of their particular deck.

I know what you mean regarding card quality and consistency.  Bicycle cards went to a thinner stock last year, 300gsm, because of issues they were having with the finish.

As far as the difference between the black and white New Fan Backs, it's easy to understand - the black deck requires more ink, which soaks into the stock and affects the handling.

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 06:26:23 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
No one here bought these to do some reviews and take some pictures?

On another note, mr Fulton don't seem too happy about Lu Chen stealing their design. He wrote this on his twitter:

It's sad when people hit the "copy button" and feel satisfied.  #ripoff #PirateCulture #Lazy http://t.co/hEQcJNJG
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:29:02 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 07:16:08 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
I just dont understand why Buck twins and Mr. Fulton called it a Rip-off. It's designed by si-scott and most of si-scott's designs are the same http://www.siscottstudio.com/

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 07:55:22 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I just dont understand why Buck twins and Mr. Fulton called it a Rip-off. It's designed by si-scott and most of si-scott's designs are the same http://www.siscottstudio.com/

Because the designer of spar deck isnt "si scott".
It's just shameless people copied almost everything from SM deck and even the designer name. "Si Scoot" <---- Read carefully. Its not a typo.

I'm never a fan of Lu Chen and its a bit dissapointing me, seeing he accepted the design.

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Because the designer of spar deck isnt "si scott".
It's just shameless people copied almost everything from SM deck and even the designer name. "Si Scoot" <---- Read carefully. Its not a typo.

I'm never a fan of Lu Chen and its a bit dissapointing me, seeing he accepted the design.

When i posted that, I just copied what was on facebook and apparently,i was wrong, even Kenneth Kok confirm that this is designed by Si Scott.

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2012, 08:25:55 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Then how do you explain the reason why brad fulton tweet like that?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:28:36 AM by phantom1412 »

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Then how do you explain the reason why brad fulton tweet like that?

Jealous, Simple:D His decks isn't as "HYPE" as luchen's spar.

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
The deck looks like a knockoff of Smoke and Mirrors (you pick which version)... and the jokers with the chameleons look like clip art from a Merz deck... So over it already... Now the White Monarchs... That's a different story...

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Boy, Mr. Fulton is none too pleased with the Spar deck.

It's one thing to rip off a product. But to rip off the artist...sickening. To support it...criminal.
#ripoff #scum pic.twitter.com/vqZcndl2

Ya'll is a bunch of criminals!!!! :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out