You are Here:
Spar playing cards

Author (Read 12931 times)

Spar playing cards
« on: April 08, 2012, 05:37:30 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Hi, This is a new deck by LuChen, Spar playing cards, designed by si scoot and printed by uspcc.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:38:15 AM by junjie04 »

Re: Spar playing cards
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 05:56:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That's not much of a peek.  Show me the cards!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:56:57 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Oooo. Cool. Si Scott. Smoke and mirrors. Lu Chen. Inspiration. When n where will this be available?

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Wow, this looks VERY similar to the box of S&M v1-3. Even if it has the same artist, It's not necessarily a bad thing, but very odd, don't you think?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I played around with it. The quality is great, I think Tally-Ho paper stock is used for this deck.

I was told that the deck will be made available to his fans when he does his full evening show in Hong Kong this month.

However, I think the chance of these decks being available online for sale is very slim.

FYI, Lu Chen is not just famous magician, but more a super pop star kind of magician in greater China area, he has over 2 million fans following him on chinese version of Twitter.

For as little as 5000 decks, I bet his Hong Kong fans can take that much right on spot after his show.

If you don't live in Hong Kong then ... perhaps the only way to get them is wait for some of his fans resale them on eBay.

Amour Playing Cards & Amour Magic Collection
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:07:52 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I played around with it. The quality is great, I think Tally-Ho paper stock is used for this deck.

I was told that the deck will be made available to his fans when he does his full evening show in Hong Kong this month.

However, I think the chance of these decks being available online for sale is very slim.

FYI, Lu Chen is not just famous magician, but more a super pop star kind of magician in greater China area, he has over 2 million fans following him on chinese version of Twitter.

For as little as 5000 decks, I bet his Hong Kong fans can take that much right on spot after his show.

If you don't live in Hong Kong then ... perhaps the only way to get them is wait for some of his fans resale them on eBay.
Does the tally-ho stock still exist?

This has got to be one of my must get decks this year. Why did he have to do a 5000 run???  >:(

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Now who's going hong kong?

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I'm up for a couple if anyone who gets any will sell, pm me if that's you. Cheers
UC

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 11:14:32 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't see why this deck is a must have.... We haven't even seen the cards. :-\

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

This has got to be one of my must get decks this year. Why did he have to do a 5000 run???  >:(

Apparently it has something to do with his deal with Si Scott, the number of the decks that can be printed is limited by Si Scott.

www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
I don't see why this deck is a must have.... We haven't even seen the cards. :-\
Simply because it's designed by Lu Chen and si scott. It's a 5000 run deck.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

Apparently it has something to do with his deal with Si Scott, the number of the decks that can be printed is limited by Si Scott.
Don't the smoke and mirror series, which is also designed by the man himself, have a much greater run than 5000? Well anyways. It's such a shame. He also probably wanted to do a limited run so that he can have a run for our money. Haha.

@evan probably because I am a Lu Chen fanboy. That's why its a must have ;)

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Don't the smoke and mirror series, which is also designed by the man himself, have a much greater run than 5000? Well anyways. It's such a shame. He also probably wanted to do a limited run so that he can have a run for our money. Haha.

@evan probably because I am a Lu Chen fanboy. That's why its a must have ;)

I am not sure about other magicians, but Lu Chen? Trust me, he doesn't need to make money from selling limited run of playing cards.
I believe his fee is approximately $100,000 USD per gig for shows in China and he is super busy.

One thing I need to clarify though, he is a friend of mine but I am not involved in any part of the sales of these decks, and I won't be able to get hold many of them except maybe a few decks from him as a gift.

www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 07:37:57 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
The run for our money part was meant to be a joke :). So one of his gig can fund one print run. How awesome!

Zenneth. Maybe you can get some for us aetherians. Hehe. Just saying. ;)

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
He already posted that he could not
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The AoS, Box, and Back Design share a lot of looks with the S&M V1-V3
But it still looks good!

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 12:43:57 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
i saw it on chinese blog that those cards were suppose to be made for Lu Chen himself. It's more his own use and not for sale. But who knows if that is true or just a marketing thing

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 06:38:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Does the tally-ho stock still exis?

Yes and no.  The original no longer exists (or at least they're no longer ordering it), but they're using a variant of Aristocrat that's a bit firmer instead.  If you asked for Tally Ho stock, that's likely what they'd offer you.

The AoS, Box, and Back Design share a lot of looks with the S&M V1-V3
But it still looks good!

I'd want to see more of the deck.  They're nice, and yes, very reminiscent of S&M's first three versions.  There's too many good decks out there for me to jump at the first thing I see - I want to know more.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 10:38:37 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i love the back design .. but i think the v1 - v3 look nicer but compare to v4 v5 v6 v7 this look way better !! i thought that is no such thing as tally ho stock .. i watched a deck review on the tally ho and the person say there is no such stock as tally ho stock .. the stock it uses is the bicycle stock .. let me try to find the review for you all i might be bad though ..

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I don't think the ace goes with the jokers but they do look reminiscent of the s&m's.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:32:53 AM by the flying fisherman »
UC

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
So I'm not sure exactly what's going on with these cards but I contacted Si Scott personnally to ask for more information on the cards and he responded with the following.......

''That deck of cards was never finished in the end as I
ended up in hospital having to have major back surgery so all projects
at that time were either postponed or left.

Thanks for getting in touch though.

Cheers Si''

Either there's just been a mix up with the name getting out there or these are the cards Si was working on and they have used his artwork without his knowledge. I sent him a couple of links to pictures I've seen and so hopefully that helps him.
I doubt it's the mix up of the name, it has to be si scott's design. If you check his website most of his artwork are mainly focused on black and white curves drawing (not sure if it's a suitable description, but yea you know what i mean). If' it's not his design then someone must be copying with guilt.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I've gotten rid of my post as maybe I shouldn't post about what's not confirmed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:26:27 AM by the flying fisherman »
UC

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Since zennth said that he has played around with it and Lu Chen is going to sell them at the end of this month in his hong kong tour. I am guessing they have already been printed. If so, I sense a lawsuit coming. This also makes this deck even more worth collecting.

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Lmao Sieg, I was thinking the exact same thing. "Now I really need to get a deck." A scandal deck? Hell yes, I am in :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Liu Chen is famous here! yes he is. I always see his shows in the Subway TVs. LoL
OMG I have seen these before. I thought they were just DD knockoffs so I didn't buy it LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
So thats what the chinese dude was telling me about the deck being from a YOUMING DE REN (famous) person.
But I'm not 100% percent sure if it was the same exact thing. It could have been a knock off of a knock off. So whatever.
Damn these chinamen, I need to keep my eyes peeled even more now. ***sigh***

I hope Liu Chen contacts Si to get permission for his Art.