You are Here:
Stay tuned... Harlequin Artwork revealed tonight. Hand drawn & ready to amaze

Author (Read 6345 times)

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I tracked the sales of that deck for the first week or two. They sold a few bricks the first week of launch, after Mismag's video went up. I don't think there were that many to begin with so selling out over the course of half a year isn't saying much.

After seeing how poorly Mismag's video bumped sales for the deck, I stopped trying to contact him about sponsorship entirely. His demographic doesn't have money, and most of them watch his videos for the insane amounts of stuff he gives away and the magic tricks he teaches. The majority aren't even card collectors and don't even know such a hobby exists.
Forum Founder.

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I tracked the sales of that deck for the first week or two. They sold a few bricks the first week of launch, after Mismag's video went up. I don't think there were that many to begin with so selling out over the course of half a year isn't saying much.

After seeing how poorly Mismag's video bumped sales for the deck, I stopped trying to contact him about sponsorship entirely. His demographic doesn't have money, and most of them watch his videos for the insane amounts of stuff he gives away and the magic tricks he teaches. The majority aren't even card collectors and don't even know such a hobby exists.
I agree with that, when I first got into magic I watched his videos, I never even knew that card collecting existed. What really got me into collecting was when I bought a deck of pink fashion bikes, on the inside there was also a shadow masters 5 of hearts (idk how it got there or wtf happened with that but it was in there) I thought to myself "wouldn't a deck that every card was in that theme be cool" so I googled it and found Ellusionist... then my collecting began.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yea i think most people go to mismag for free stuff. i rarely like the tricks i see but enjoy watching the vids sometimes.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:

Ya, you are right. The best way to promote decks of cards is through reviewers rather than big youtubers. Many people just subscribe to mismag for the contests.