Re: New Death Heads
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Those pics that CBJ posted make this deck look really good... they almost made me want to pick a deck or two up! Im still going to pass on them for now, but if I get the chance, I'll probably buy a deck or two.

Re: New Death Heads
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 12:58:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Those pics that CBJ posted make this deck look really good... they almost made me want to pick a deck or two up! Im still going to pass on them for now, but if I get the chance, I'll probably buy a deck or two.

They are good.  That metalhead finally got back and answered my email, sent me two new decks, no questions asked.  They have the best handling of any plastic deck I've used to date, a close second being the standard edition Ace plastic cards from Cartamundi (the special editions feel fake-plasticky, while the standard ones with jumbo faces are really nicely made with a similar matte finish to the Death Heads).

I wouldn't use them for card throwing, but you can take them out to a table-hopping gig at a bar or a restaurant without fear of spilled drinks, spaghetti sauce or spit-up from that rugrat with the nasty-smelling burps...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/