Author (Read 12205 times)

Re: light deck
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Just don't fall into the Tattoo Deck trap - don't make a four suit-color deck!  They're not easy for many solitaire games and decks that are too far from the standard don't generally sell as well.  The only practical four suit-color decks I've seen are the super/jumbo/low-vision decks for people with eye problems, to make the suits easier for them to distinguish - but even many of those still also have the traditional black-red pips as well on each card.

is there too many colours on them now or do they seem ok would you prefer it more plain ? like the pic under should i go for just two diffrent colours or yellow for 2 and black for 2 or just standard ?

You can change the traditional red and black to two different colors - the most common way to do this would be the lighter color is the swap for red, unless it's a black deck.  I'm talking about the use of four DIFFERENT colors, one for each suit.  Great for old people who have trouble distinguishing suits, but a bit ugly and very difficult to use for most solitaire games.  Poker players normally wouldn't touch those with a ten-foot pole.

oh no i didn't mean that when i say blue and cream for clubs and spades i mean both the spades and clubs will be both blue and cream they ll only be 2 colours for suits or it would get crazy ha ha i mean like the edges of the yellow are red so both hearts and diamonds would be that same yellow and red colour

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Interesting concept, but it'll be relatively more expensive to print so many colours on a deck. But I do like the design right now.

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Interesting concept, but it'll be relatively more expensive to print so many colours on a deck. But I do like the design right now.

True, but no more so than if he were making any other fully-custom deck.  Full-custom decks see to be pretty popular these days - the next Blue Crown deck, Vaudeville, will be a full-custom job, and aside from the LTD., it's been a while since E released a deck that wasn't full-custom.  People have been busting on Dan and Dave as well as T11 for, among other things, rarely releasing full-custom decks.

The point of all that being: a full-custom deck would sell better and faster than one that isn't, as long as it's a quality job from start to finish.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:30:41 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2012, 12:58:59 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

True, but no more so than if he were making any other fully-custom deck.  Full-custom decks see to be pretty popular these days - the next Blue Crown deck, Vaudeville, will be a full-custom job, and aside from the LTD., it's been a while since E released a deck that wasn't full-custom.  People have been busting on Dan and Dave as well as T11 for, among other things, rarely releasing full-custom decks.

The point of all that being: a full-custom deck would sell better and faster than one that isn't, as long as it's a quality job from start to finish.

hopefully everyone will love the deck haha ill put the same quality into every aspect and with the feedback from people here it should be awesome hopefully it will do well on kickstarter and i can keep designing full custom decks if people take a liking to this one

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
starting to draw up the joker

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2012, 03:16:19 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Dang that's an interesting looking joker!! What look are you going for? It looks like a monster or something ???
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Dang that's an interesting looking joker!! What look are you going for? It looks like a monster or something ???

the arms are cards shooting out of it or going into it to assemble it im not sure yet haha and the shoulders have j for jokers on one joker those will be gold and on the other red the reveal will be in the blue dome and it will look more clownish by the end ^^ theyll be reds and golds hoping you all like the end result i wasnt sure what i was drawing until i had the main shapes already drawn haha i wanted a cool menacing looking joker
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:24:28 PM by zaganh »

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 12:53:15 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Interesting Joker... it's cool but not something I'd like on a deck of cards. I think you should keep working on the Joker.

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2012, 01:15:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I've been thinking about it and thinking about it - I finally figured it out.  Your heart design bears a strong resemblance to the "lion-faced spade" on the Ace from the White Lions deck!

I would show you a picture from David Blaine's site, but it appears that all products were pulled!  There's zero items listed for sale!  No decks, no AIP bottles, no t-shirts, no caps, no posters - nothing.

EDIT: found an image on the Playing Cards Wiki:
http://playingcards.wikidot.com/local--files/split-spades:white-lions/Split%20Spades%20White%20Lions.JPG
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:18:02 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2012, 01:32:27 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Interesting Joker... it's cool but not something I'd like on a deck of cards. I think you should keep working on the Joker.

would you like it more simple ill draw up another mock and leave this one ?

I've been thinking about it and thinking about it - I finally figured it out.  Your heart design bears a strong resemblance to the "lion-faced spade" on the Ace from the White Lions deck!

I would show you a picture from David Blaine's site, but it appears that all products were pulled!  There's zero items listed for sale!  No decks, no AIP bottles, no t-shirts, no caps, no posters - nothing.

EDIT: found an image on the Playing Cards Wiki:
http://playingcards.wikidot.com/local--files/split-spades:white-lions/Split%20Spades%20White%20Lions.JPG

really that's awesome i wish mine was as cool as anything on a David Blaine deck let me check the image i see what you mean but mines no where near as cool >< maybe one day thanks for finding the pic for me that's strange there stuff has gone they where still selling white lions last week

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2012, 04:56:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

really that's awesome i wish mine was as cool as anything on a David Blaine deck let me check the image i see what you mean but mines no where near as cool >< maybe one day thanks for finding the pic for me that's strange there stuff has gone they where still selling white lions last week

Are you sure?  They've been sold out of White Lions for some time now.  They had the White Lions "Anything is Possible" bottle still for sale, but they were down to their last 19 or so.

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 05:14:33 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Are you sure?  They've been sold out of White Lions for some time now.  They had the White Lions "Anything is Possible" bottle still for sale, but they were down to their last 19 or so.

yep they were selling 2 for 25 dollars i think it was i checked last week because during the mana release i was working out a trade and the guy mentioned white lions and i showed him they were still there on the site it was 1 signed one normal deal

March 4

well then i will keep an eye on these deck.

2 white lions for 3 v6? or 1v5 and 1v6?

Zagan Zaz Hall
March 4
Zagan Zaz Hall

erm hwite linos are 2 for 25 dollars on his site and v5 about 20 to 25 v6 are about 15 i think

white lions*

March 4

who's site?

Zagan Zaz Hall
March 4
Zagan Zaz Hall

david blaines haha

March 4

oh alright! then we will stick with the old one first. need to think first! HAHA:D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:22:51 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 05:17:36 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Mmm I don't think you should've showed your private messages in public. It's between you and the other member. Letting us know the content is more than enough already. Just to keep a little privacy for others. :)

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2012, 05:20:46 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
There used to be 2 white lions sets for $25 but now when I went to his site there is no products at all.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2012, 05:21:53 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Mmm I don't think you should've showed your private messages in public. It's between you and the other member. Letting us know the content is more than enough already. Just to keep a little privacy for others. :)

im sure he wont mind we was doing it on selling and trading wall but i moved it private he was offering those trades to everyone even i dont remember why was was talking about white lions because i dont have any to trade and i was trading my decks for mana but ill take the name away ^^
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:25:10 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 08:29:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

yep they were selling 2 for 25 dollars i think it was i checked last week because during the mana release i was working out a trade and the guy mentioned white lions and i showed him they were still there on the site it was 1 signed one normal deal

March 4

well then i will keep an eye on these deck.

2 white lions for 3 v6? or 1v5 and 1v6?

Zagan Zaz Hall
March 4
Zagan Zaz Hall

erm hwite linos are 2 for 25 dollars on his site and v5 about 20 to 25 v6 are about 15 i think

white lions*

March 4

who's site?

Zagan Zaz Hall
March 4
Zagan Zaz Hall

david blaines haha

March 4

oh alright! then we will stick with the old one first. need to think first! HAHA:D

I knew about the two-deck pairs - it's how I got my WLs in the first place.  I thought they sold out of those already, though.

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 05:57:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Wow! REally looking nice! I don't like the joker a whole lot but I do really love the Aces!

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2012, 07:13:20 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Wow! REally looking nice! I don't like the joker a whole lot but I do really love the Aces!

awesome im glad your liking the aces and im listening to the people and im drawing up v2 of the joker here is the rough sketch of what it will be it will be in the dark and look really cool

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
update two feedback please guys ?  make sure you see it full size click it then click it to zoom again for best detail
i really like this one compared to the other i hope you guys do too and thank you for giving me feedback other wise i would of never started to draw this joker
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:54:28 PM by zaganh »

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Sorry, I hate to be a downer but I'm not a fan of this joker either. But don't make me the one that makes you change your designs... if everyone else likes it, go with it. And in the end, its your deck so it should be how you like it.

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 11:19:28 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
update two feedback please guys ?  make sure you see it full size click it then click it to zoom again for best detail
i really like this one compared to the other i hope you guys do too and thank you for giving me feedback other wise i would of never started to draw this joker

Looks a bit nightmarish.  If that's the look you were shooting for, you hit the target in the bull's-eye.

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2012, 03:02:17 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Sorry, I hate to be a downer but I'm not a fan of this joker either. But don't make me the one that makes you change your designs... if everyone else likes it, go with it. And in the end, its your deck so it should be how you like it.

haha at least you like the main cards so far :P i think ill finish this one and ill keep ideas for it coming

Looks a bit nightmarish.  If that's the look you were shooting for, you hit the target in the bull's-eye.

awesome yep i wanted a menacing cool looking joker something goblinesque and creepy and scary it will be lurking in the dark if its a black deck so it should look really cool when its finished =D I'm excited to get it done

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2012, 10:47:52 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
another update still in progress

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The new joker is looking better! Will he have a body?
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
The new joker is looking better! Will he have a body?

thank you ^^ i was just going to do the head coming out of the darkness should i put a body too ? =)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:59:48 PM by zaganh »