light deck

Author (Read 12208 times)

Re: light deck
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 06:14:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
thanks guys white paper coming up ill do deisghns there =D thanks for feedback everyone i aprecheate it

You're a nice guy, but please - you're torturing me!  Use "spellcheck" at the very least.  I left my Zaganhian to English dictionary behind when I moved last...   ???
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 07:21:13 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
As of this point I REALLY enjoy the spade and the diamond. This is Avery promising start, and if you keep this up, I will really like it.

The only thing that is weird for me is that the diamond is yellow, so it won't match the other cards.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 03:48:35 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
thanks guys white paper coming up ill do designs there =D thanks for feedback everyone i appreciate it

You're a nice guy, but please - you're torturing me!  Use "spellcheck" at the very least.  I left my Zaganhian to English dictionary behind when I moved last...   ???

thank you ha ha I'm sorry i will =D

As of this point I REALLY enjoy the spade and the diamond. This is Avery promising start, and if you keep this up, I will really like it.

The only thing that is weird for me is that the diamond is yellow, so it won't match the other cards.

wow really awesome i hope you like the first concept of the ace of hearts =D below

well I'm planing the red cards to have red in the middle and yellow on the outside and the other two black cards be brown and green hope everyone likes

this is the first concept of the ace of hearts just so everyone gets a general idea of where this deck is going remember its freehand guys ill mirror them later its just me with a pen and tablet at 8am ha ha and music on repeat

ps tilt your screens back so its a little darker it looks better :P
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:55:48 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 03:56:35 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That heart looks really good!! I like the style. It'd be nice to see a mock up of one of the cards so that I can envision it as a deck instead of a drawing. Ya know what I mean? It's looking better though! Nice work
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 04:39:28 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That heart looks really good!! I like the style. It'd be nice to see a mock up of one of the cards so that I can envision it as a deck instead of a drawing. Ya know what I mean? It's looking better though! Nice work

thank you brown baggs =D i just did one for you after you put the comment i rushed to do it ha ha i even mirrored it for you let me know what you think ha ha i know what you mean thank you ^^

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 04:43:31 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
mock up of ace of hearts feedback please guys ^^
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:43:40 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 06:10:23 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I like it! Kind of hard to tell it's hearts from the pips though...

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I like it! Kind of hard to tell it's hearts from the pips though...

thank you ^^ oh well the pips wont be like that basically i just drew the heart then brown bags wanted to visualize how it would look on a card but my pen setting were off in photo shop so i couldn't draw the pip right so i held shift while i drew to make an even pip you know a quick one with straight lines they wont Be like that i kind of like them after i did it though ha ha ill have some pips up soon

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I think these designs really are starting to come together!

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 10:44:41 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think these designs really are starting to come together!

thank you ^^ hmm what next to desighn
  the pips or the back what would people like to see ?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:45:23 PM by zaganh »

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 10:47:23 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I'm more interested in the back.

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 10:54:17 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I'm more interested in the back.

would you all like me to design one back and then people can tell me what bits they like and what bits they don't or make a few back designs and you vote on one and then i can work more into that

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 01:37:16 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wow. I haven't looked at this thread in a little while and I guess I missed a good amount. I love the artwork! Its getting better and better! I really like that you used yellow because its not too common with playing cards. Great work man and I can't wait to see more designs!

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 01:47:34 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Wow. I haven't looked at this thread in a little while and I guess I missed a good amount. I love the artwork! Its getting better and better! I really like that you used yellow because its not too common with playing cards. Great work man and I can't wait to see more designs!

thank you =D i know right i love yellow it should make an awesome change I'm glad everyones liking yellow so far i just finished v2 of the ace of hearts =D

let me know what you think guys ^^ I'm going to design everything all custom i hope when i finish it Alex could help me get it over to kick starter hopefully people would go for it ^^
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:55:17 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I like the V2 of the Ace of Hearts better. My only problem with it is that it looks like a face and it bugs me lol.

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I like the V2 of the Ace of Hearts better. My only problem with it is that it looks like a face and it bugs me lol.

awesome im glad people liking the progression haha does everyone have that problem should i take the nose away or somthing ?

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 01:14:01 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member

awesome im glad people liking the progression haha does everyone have that problem should i take the nose away or somthing ?

I actually like that the heart looks sort of like a face, it's a unique little twist.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:14:18 PM by Eyeball »

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

awesome I'm glad people liking the progression ha ha does everyone have that problem should i take the nose away or something ?

I actually like that the heart looks sort of like a face, it's a unique little twist.

awesome ^^ it will defiantly pop anyway should draw people attention should the name be changed and would people like this white or black deck ?

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

awesome I'm glad people liking the progression ha ha does everyone have that problem should i take the nose away or something ?

awesome ^^ it will defiantly pop anyway should draw people attention should the name be changed and would people like this white or black deck ?
From the designs I've seen, I think I would like to see this as a white deck. But I think you should post pics of it on black and then on white.

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 01:41:53 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

From the designs I've seen, I think I would like to see this as a white deck. But I think you should post pics of it on black and then on white.

cool ill get both of those up in the next few days i was messing with the colour how this look nightshade colour heart

im eager to get on with more desighns but i havent got my graphics tablet with me at the moment so i was just toying with colour ^^
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:45:42 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2012, 01:49:50 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I actually prefer this over the yellow one. There hasn't been a whole lot of decks on purple. Of the two, I'd choose the later, for its contrast.

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 01:52:50 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I actually prefer this over the yellow one. There hasn't been a whole lot of decks on purple. Of the two, I'd choose the later, for its contrast.

awesome ill put a poll up weather to have purple instead of yellow hearts and diamond's purple and spades and clubs yellow in the spaces where theres not much happening I'm going to have a cool like paters shining through like light does that sound cool ? purple would be nice on a black deck ^^

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 03:44:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Just don't fall into the Tattoo Deck trap - don't make a four suit-color deck!  They're not easy for many solitaire games and decks that are too far from the standard don't generally sell as well.  The only practical four suit-color decks I've seen are the super/jumbo/low-vision decks for people with eye problems, to make the suits easier for them to distinguish - but even many of those still also have the traditional black-red pips as well on each card.

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Just don't fall into the Tattoo Deck trap - don't make a four suit-color deck!  They're not easy for many solitaire games and decks that are too far from the standard don't generally sell as well.  The only practical four suit-color decks I've seen are the super/jumbo/low-vision decks for people with eye problems, to make the suits easier for them to distinguish - but even many of those still also have the traditional black-red pips as well on each card.

is there too many colours on them now or do they seem ok would you prefer it more plain ? like the pic under should i go for just two diffrent colours or yellow for 2 and black for 2 or just standard ?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:49:48 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

is there too many colours on them now or do they seem ok would you prefer it more plain ? like the pic under should i go for just two diffrent colours or yellow for 2 and black for 2 or just standard ?

You can change the traditional red and black to two different colors - the most common way to do this would be the lighter color is the swap for red, unless it's a black deck.  I'm talking about the use of four DIFFERENT colors, one for each suit.  Great for old people who have trouble distinguishing suits, but a bit ugly and very difficult to use for most solitaire games.  Poker players normally wouldn't touch those with a ten-foot pole.