« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 05:47:35 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Aaron, how did you win that?

Re: Conjuring Creations (Official Thread) BIG UPDATE!
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »

Robert Butler

BIG NEWS!  The last test piece has come in and I've made an unboxing video of it!  Wana see it?  I'm uploading as we speak

I CANT WAIT  ;D

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 01:05:07 PM »

Robert Butler

Hmm, the video is processing and its a bit nuts for me to sit and wait so how about a pic ?  LOL

Enjoy

A few minutes later...

And the video!  Be sure to subscribe Like and comment! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mQ9PSOtEXM
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:23:46 PM by Robert Butler »

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I have to say quite honestly. YOU MADE ME LAUGH LIKE I NEVER HAVE BEFORE WHILE WATCHING A YOUTUBE VIDEO. YOU MADE ME LAUGH SOOOO HARD I COULDN'T STOP FOR 10 MINUTES, NO KIDDING! Wow. Nice video Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Wow that looks beautiful!! I'm definetely going to rock my ecoclip with my V5s!

Man, it looks so good!!  :D
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The first two things that came to my mind was that it looks awesome and that the spine looks a but thick. Maybe if the spine was a tiny bit smaller and the deck was able to be pushed in a tiny but farther, I would probably like it better. But all in all, it looks great and I can't wait to receive mine!

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The first two things that came to my mind was that it looks awesome and that the spine looks a but thick. Maybe if the spine was a tiny bit smaller and the deck was able to be pushed in a tiny but farther, I would probably like it better. But all in all, it looks great and I can't wait to receive mine!

Yeah the spine is a little thick, but I don't mind it too much. I'm guessing it's needed because of the material used for the clip.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 06:19:14 PM »

Brandon.B

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Understand that if we made the spine thinner, it would probably make less durable, due to less surface area for the glue to joint the three pieces together. It's functionality vs. appearance for most of you. In my opinion (though it may be biased), I think it looks very good with the thick spine.

Thanks for the feedback,

Brandon Beckman
Conjuring Creations

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »

Robert Butler

Thanks so much for all the feed back not only here but on our YouTube as well.  The thick spine is very important much like the curve in the porper.  It allows for the presssure to hold your deck.  Joe porper manipulated steel to create its beautiful physics and we have done the same with this material.  It's not just for looks, it does the job too.

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 06:40:49 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Nice work guys, I really like how this turned out! I am starting to regret to purchasing one of the prototypes from you when I had the chance. I hope the business starts to take off and I will definitely be looking to purchase on in the future.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 07:38:30 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah that was what I was thinking when I saw the spine!! I think it still looks great  8)

Since you asked for it here's the feedback that I have after watching the video... Firstly, it looks incredible!! By far my favorite clip looks wise. I really like the horizontal wood paneling more than the vertical style. The spine looks fine, I actually think it looks good! I would keep that to maintain durability over looks. It may look better but I would rather have a clip that lasts longer and isn't as prone to breaking.  Overall I'm super happy with how it looks!! Nice work guys!

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 08:05:21 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Does it bend at all like a porper?

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:49 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Will we be able to grab any (the non-colored version) or is it too late?

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Will we be able to grab any (the non-colored version) or is it too late?
They only made and sold 20 of the Eco Clip Prototypes but once those get to the people who bought them, they will probably make more and they won't be prototype clips.

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Haha okay, firstly your video is the first one that interests me, might be because I've never seen an eco clip before.. okay now for my opinions on the deck.. it does look really nice, including the thicker spine but I feel that it's more for displaying (Yet keeping the cards straight) rather than for carrying around due to it's bulkiness (and probably weight? I dk). colour  doesn't seem to suit some deck in my opinion but then somehow it stills looks nice, maybe for simpler tuck boxes like the S&Ms because of it's simplicity against the wooden 'background' not most decks have a cluttered up design sooo, yeah. harder to match with brown too. still, can't wait to see the final version with the designs and all, post pictures!!
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 10:19:33 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
When will the next live update be?????????? Can't wait for it!

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »

Robert Butler

We will be hosting a live update within a few days on our tiny chat page.  Thanks for all the feed back.

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Bamboo is a light wood, but Rob you should clarify for us, is this heavier or lighter than a Porper? I think it's size isn't an issue since we carry bigger wallets and phones in our pockets, but the weight is a huge concern for me with any pocket-product. It's the difference between looking sleek and suave in a pair of jeans, or dopey and weird.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 01:15:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I think the clip looks great.  The thick spine threw me off a little since the computer graphic showed a thinner one, but it makes sense to need that thicker spine, especially since it's glue holding the piece together.  Without it, the clip would look flimsy.

I think it would look good with vertical stripes - they're very slimming!  :))  But I'm betting that the horizontal stripes function better and make the sides stronger and more durable.  Sure, one wants it to look good, but if it doesn't work well and last long, looks don't add up to much.

Consider making different spine widths.  Some decks are thicker, some thinner, depending on the precise stock used.  You won't be able to make this into a "one size fits all" thing.

Did you ever see De'vo's wooden clip?  It was actually enclosed not at the spine, but at the top and bottom - it's like a box with the long sides left open.  Something similar might make a nice alternative design down the road when you get these things selling far and wide.  If you opened the short top and bottom sides instead, it would function as near-impervious protection against deck damage!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 07:13:45 AM »

Robert Butler

Bamboo is a light wood, but Rob you should clarify for us, is this heavier or lighter than a Porper? I think it's size isn't an issue since we carry bigger wallets and phones in our pockets, but the weight is a huge concern for me with any pocket-product. It's the difference between looking sleek and suave in a pair of jeans, or dopey and weird.

Our Eco Clip is Lighter than the Porper Clip.  Also I would like to take a moment to really explain the importance of the thick spine.  Its what make the clip work vs just being another pretty cover guard.  Now I admit in the beginning I though all this was going to be was a pretty cover guard but that's just not the case any more.  The spine creates tension over the deck and it's awesome.  The best thing I could say is you'd just have to have one and try it.  No worries to those of you who have missed all the chances so far.  Were working with Alex to hit you with another round of awesomeness and were preparing our own clip still.  At the moment were very tied down because were going to be at Magic Con this year and were trying to plan out some awesome giveaways and offer people a chance to try it out for them selves.  So were going to be very busy planning that.  Don't expect a official Conjuring Creations clip until you see an Aether Clip. 

Thanks

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 03:25:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Sounds great Rob! The thicker spine is starting to grow on me now. Once I get mine in my hands, Im sure I'll love it!

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »

Robert Butler

I had a great thing happen to me yesterday.  My Transducer Fire buckled on me yesterday.  I hate when this happens to my cards but it was a great opportunity to really see if the clip was just a guard or if it would do the same job as the Porper clip.  I was happy to find that after a day in the clip, the deck was returned back to its natural state. 

Thanks

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I had a great thing happen to me yesterday.  My Transducer Fire buckled on me yesterday.  I hate when this happens to my cards but it was a great opportunity to really see if the clip was just a guard or if it would do the same job as the Porper clip.  I was happy to find that after a day in the clip, the deck was returned back to its natural state. 

Thanks
Hey! That's some good news! After all, I did get a good deal on those teal and black clips!

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 02:51:38 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Thanks
Thats great news! I wasn't expecting it to work like a porper but I'm very happy to hear that it does. AND the Eco clips are less expensive than a porper.

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »

Brandon.B

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Hey guys, our new blog post, "The Clip Revealed", is now up on our site!

Go to www.conjuringcreations.com to check it out. Take care!

Thanks,

Brandon Beckman