You are Here:
NEW YEARS BLOWOUT SALE!!!!

Author (Read 2451 times)

NEW YEARS BLOWOUT SALE!!!!
« on: December 21, 2011, 10:01:16 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I will be having a New Year's blowout sale, I am not going to say anything now, but I have to tell you it's going to be epic. It's going to be released within the first week of the new year. I will be revealing one or two clues each week as to how amazing it's going to be - AWESOMESAUCE!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

Re: NEW YEARS BLOWOUT SALE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
December 25th: Merry Christmas guys! I hope you are all enjoying the last days of the new year.
The first teaser: Easter Eggs

Scattered throughout these forums, I've released and will be releasing three special Easter Eggs. These Easter Eggs will get you 5%, 10%, and 25%. These Easter Eggs can be anything that doesn't belong on the forums, the thread, or even a post. Something like an additional word that doesn't fit into the sentence or just a random thought. So, be on the lookout for those on the days leading up to the sale. It's going to be THEGREATESTEVER!

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 05:13:20 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
You mean like your grok comment?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Will get 5%, 10% and 25% of what?

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
And how do you know what we are looking for?

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 03:29:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'd like to order some AWESOMESAUCE, please, with a side of fries...

Before you get all crazy with the "Easter eggs", perhaps showing people what you're selling and what you're charging for it first would be a good idea, especially seeing as how this is a forum for "Sales, Trades & ISOs" and not guessing games.  Failing to do that violates the Terms of Use for this forum.

The more difficult you make it to sell your products, the less eager people will be to buy them from you.  Drop the "Easter eggs" idea and just sell the stuff, or move this into the Lolaq where it belongs.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 04:42:07 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Haha I sort of agree with Sabacc, but I thought it was a funny idea. I wasn't going to say anything unless Alex or another admin stepped in.

Hey, if they're okay with it... have fun!! I might check the sale out when I see what items you have going! Honestly, this thread isn't hurting me so best of luck to ya with the sale and all
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 06:34:20 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Yeah, I've always had a problem with "teasing" when you actually show nothing to look forward to... It completely fails to feed my interest usually. I'll check this out when you actually have a list of items and prices, but before then, don't count me in on the hype you're trying to build up. :-\
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
If you find out the three special words, you will get certain discounts depending on what word you found. Some words are easy to find, while others are not. The hard part is actually making them discrete, but I'll find a way to, one way or another.

@Sin - Words only, not entire posts or messages, but I like the thought.
@Phantom - Looks for words that are out of place or words that stick out from the rest of the post in one way or another.
@Sabacc - I was totally undecided where to put this because I knew it either belongs in this topic or another. If the moderators have a problem, they will move it accordingly. Seeming as this thread has been here for a few days, I believe the mods are fine with it, but if it becomes a problem they can move it. Also, these Easter Eggs aren't totally hard to find. They are in no way required, but encouraged. If you can't find any Easter Eggs, they're other ways to get discounts regardless, so everyone wins.
@brown_baggs - Thank you, I'll tell you how it goes.
@moon - I can't really hype anything when it comes to pictures, because chances are when I upload them, you guys already know what it is. Anyway, how am I supposed to hype up a sale rather than a release. New releases are easy to hype up. Take some secretive pics, upload a stunning video, and there you go. If you have other ideas for me to hype this up, suggestions are appreciated. :) :D ;)

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
If you find out the three special words, you will get certain discounts depending on what word you found. Some words are easy to find, while others are not. The hard part is actually making them discrete, but I'll find a way to, one way or another.

@Sin - Words only, not entire posts or messages, but I like the thought.
@Phantom - Looks for words that are out of place or words that stick out from the rest of the post in one way or another.
@Sabacc - I was totally undecided where to put this because I knew it either belongs in this topic or another. If the moderators have a problem, they will move it accordingly. Seeming as this thread has been here for a few days, I believe the mods are fine with it, but if it becomes a problem they can move it. Also, these Easter Eggs aren't totally hard to find. They are in no way required, but encouraged. If you can't find any Easter Eggs, they're other ways to get discounts regardless, so everyone wins.
@brown_baggs - Thank you, I'll tell you how it goes.
@moon - I can't really hype anything when it comes to pictures, because chances are when I upload them, you guys already know what it is. Anyway, how am I supposed to hype up a sale rather than a release. New releases are easy to hype up. Take some secretive pics, upload a stunning video, and there you go. If you have other ideas for me to hype this up, suggestions are appreciated. :) :D ;)

Wait - your messages are at time cryptic enough as it is.  Your grasp of English is about as good as Indiana Jones' grasp of a large snake (he hates snakes).  But now you want us to look for words that are out of place and stick out from the rest of the post?  Half of what you write does that!

You are five days into this thread and haven't posted a single thing for sale.  Sell something or move this to the Lolaq.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 07:56:35 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
KPop...

It's time to disclose what you are selling, and the prices /trades you are seeking for these products.

Thise is not a thread for you to build hype for nearly two weeks...could you imagine if every seller did this???

I'll give you till tomorrow to post the info, or if you want to wait till the new year...we can lock up/erase this thread till then.

If you'd like a premium thread to post your sale please msg Alex for more info.

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 09:35:30 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'd prefer that you'd lock this thread. Thanks CBJ!

#CLOSED

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 02:17:55 AM »

Victoria

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Thanks for getting to it, CBJ. I was just coming in here to lock it. Full disclosure of the items for sale is definitely required and honestly I would prefer if these "Easter Eggs" would not be strewn randomly throughout the forum, creating confusion and not contributing to conversation. This belongs in the Lolaq.