As cheap as the normal "black kings"

Form Follows Function

Re: Blood Kings
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 06:50:05 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
This deck and it's various incarnations are getting really dated, really quickly in my opinion. Hope there's something new on the horizon soon.

I may at some point toss one in with my order of something else but I'm not going to be actively seeking this one out even though I do enjoy my red decks. Some people really love the Kings decks and that's cool, for me even though the decks haven't been out that long, they're already long in the tooth. I prefer Rounders over Kings.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I really like the red, it's definitely a tired design, but if I were to pick one I liked best of what is available this would be the one.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 07:21:02 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I'm not too big a fan of recolour releases. Once upon a time I didn't mind, but not they're not something I get excited about.

Even the blue JAQK deck, in my opinion sucks. One or two recolours are okay... but when a third one happens it sucks.

This blood edition is, as far as I'm aware, the first recolour release featuring that particular design. It probably will appeal to all fans of the scarlett rounders that didn't manage to actually get that particular deck -- this may end up being the closest thing that they get to a red rounders, without having to sell a kidney to have the funds to purchase.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 02:56:13 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 03:02:35 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
For me is just another deck from E. More blood, more DM decks...no offense, but is boring. Some copycat people are using this weapons in their logo. Kinda lol...nothing original. If tomorrow will be a some bows, maybe they will change their logo...kinda sad.

ps: oh, no, bows! Lets make another deck.

Well, about T11 Blue Jaqk, the old blue is like and old style paper, looks somehow vintage. Love it even I don't have it, only red and blacks, a lot. Also I don't have the new blue deck, but imho is just an extra deck in the Jaqk Cellars series.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
For me is just another deck from E. More blood, more DM decks...no offense, but is boring. Some copycat people are using this weapons in their logo. Kinda lol...nothing original. If tomorrow will be a some bows, maybe they will change their logo...kinda sad.

ps: oh, no, bows! Lets make another deck.

Well, about T11 Blue Jaqk, the old blue is like and old style paper, looks somehow vintage. Love it even I don't have it, only red and blacks, a lot. Also I don't have the new blue deck, but imho is just an extra deck in the Jaqk Cellars series.

What the hell happened to genuine originality?  Reprint after reprint after reprint...  The "majors" in the custom game seems to have lost any sense of creativity - but as long as people keep buying, they'll keep selling, so it's hard to fault them for it.  They're businesses, not charities.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
No offense, but I saw in the last year so much bulls....even on KS. There are a lot of people with a lot of imagination and creativity and if they will be connected to this community maybe they can be directed in a good direction.

"New" people or kids are attracted by some guns, flame, nice flourishes, nice design, etc....maybe they are kings somewhere in their minds and believe that. Well, is not wrong to dream about it, but at some certain point you'll get foolish by this game, video clips, "cool" people, tattoo (I like tattoos), etc. I was too :) And yes, they will buy any playing cards of E. DM is some kind of hero for some people. Is like in the movies, I want to be like that bad/good guy. Indeed, E it must survive somehow, but.... Anyway, new designs will be welcome, even with DM. Why not?! Maybe is a nice guy even he is all the time with the beers in his pockets :) I will not marry him so he can be a bad guy too. Love the decks? Buy them. If not, why bother.

LE> Btw, Don, I liked that quote of Mark Twain so much :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:30:20 PM by mirciusx »