You are Here:
White Monarchs by T11 (White Gold Monarchs)

Author (Read 43710 times)

Re: Theory11 White Monarch
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »

Wilko

• True Member

• Twitter:
I set my alarm for 4am this morning to get up and buy these decks. I'd be happy with 2. 1 to keep and 1 to open.
Why are people placing multiple orders just so they have loads of them.. Anyway... I slept right through my alarm! Woke up about 6 this morning and thought damn it, only to find that there servers crashed!
Guess my luck was in. I'll get another shot next week, if I can wake up.
If anyone fancies selling me a couple of decks I'm happy to pay $15 a deck for your trouble. We still do that right, help out other collectors? Oh no. I see a deck on eBay listed 6 hours ago already going for $51!!
 They should release the whole lot in 1 go an give everyone a chance to own one. It might put a little less strain on there obviously inferior servers!!
All good fun these ltd deck releases. Some people win & some people lose.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:13:26 AM by Wilko »

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2012, 08:13:59 AM »

vmagic

@vmagic - Can you link me to the video which they announced your blockage?

Sorry I don't have the video and it was from quite some time ago. Anyway, they don't mention me by name or anything, they just talk about how crazy things were with the Gold Monarchs and how they even had to block someone one Facebook (that being me!).

Hey guys, don't hate me for this post...But it must be done!  Anyway, I had the same problem you all did, 505 and 502 errors...They sold out and I was out of luck with the pre-release...Anyway, later I go into T11 website and find 2 White Monarchs in my cart after trying to click the damn button forever with no avail...So I try to check out...It processes for like 42 minutes so I refresh, this time it goes through but last second of processing (after they were "sold out") I stop the loading because I forgot to put in the discount code! So the site flashes for a brief second and then I put the code in and process...It goes through! So I check my email and I have 2 Confirmation emails! One with 2 White Monarchs without a discount code and another confirmation email WITH the discount code! Long story short (too late I suppose, lol) I bought 4 White Monarchs AFTER they were "Sold Out"!!!! Now THAT is luck my friends! :) I will be at the Friday release also! Good luck to all who did not get any and also try to check your cart!!!

One person on unitedcardists claims to have placed 5 separate orders, most of us were lucky to have placed 1 so I don't see how it was possible he placed 5, wasn't even charged shipping for any of them. I spent almost 2 hours waiting and refreshing and trying again and again to get through the checkout, i'm glad it paid off.
Also, technically they didn't sell out, they just put that up so nobody else could buy any because of all their site issues.

I set my alarm for 4am this morning to get up and buy these decks. I'd be happy with 2. 1 to keep and 1 to open.
Why are people placing multiple orders just so they have loads of them.. Anyway... I slept right through my alarm! Woke up about 6 this morning and thought damn it, only to find that there servers crashed!
Guess my luck was in. I'll get another shot next week, if I can wake up.
If anyone fancies selling me a couple of decks I'm happy to pay $15 a deck for your trouble. We still do that right, help out other collectors? Oh no. I see a deck on eBay listed 6 hours ago already going for $51!!
 They should release the whole lot in 1 go an give everyone a chance to own one. It might put a little less strain on there obviously inferior servers!!
All good fun these ltd deck releases. Some people win & some people lose.

Unfortunately some people place multiple orders (which screws everyone else up in the process) and/or buy bricks at a time, just so they can resell on Ebay and profit, they don't give a damn about the cards as far as i'm concerned just the money.

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »

vmagic

I must give credit though to Theory11 for doing something Ellusionist failed to do before and that was postpone the sale of the cards. If you recall previously when Ellusionist sold the Red Artifice they had similar site issues but instead of postponing the sale like everyone asked them to, they continued to sell the decks through the night at a snails pace, some got lucky, many of us got screwed. So at least Theory11 did that much right.

« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2012, 09:16:46 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
in case you guys are wondering .. this is the auction he is talking about

http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Monarchs-Playing-Cards-RARE-Bicycle-Theory11-/160809364294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2570fc2b46
this is also another auction on the white monarchs that is on ebay... what is crazy is he has more than 10 available
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Monarch-Deck-Theory11-Monarchs-/270985353568?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f17fc5960

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »

vmagic

$100 each and he got 10 of them? I wonder if this is zinkpro from unitedcardists who somehow placed 5 orders! Whoever it is, I hope they get screwed and only receive 2 decks in the mail!

« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2012, 09:47:47 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Here's another one... opening at $150.. buy it now.. $300

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280888599227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

After a few hours???  really???
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2012, 10:38:46 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
This is ridiculous. We have to stop here. Theory11 are following Dan and Dave's path. Getting out a deck as a pre-release with only 144 available (gold monarchs), having it sold out very rapidly, so the second time around (white monarchs) they can get much more demand. These decks are beautiful, but it's ridiculous to also have to mark it as "very limited" for it to sell. + if they sold bricks yesterday, Andrei Jikh and Michael James have a brick each (at least), and they will be selling 500 more, I'm guessing they probably printed much more than 500, perhaps 2500.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:04:08 AM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2012, 10:55:31 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Gold Monarch is 144-deck existing, which no one knows that they would be special at the pre-release day.
I and a lot of people didnt jump into that release because everybody thinks it won't be limited.

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2012, 11:05:43 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Gold Monarch is 144-deck existing, which no one knows that they would be special at the pre-release day.
I and a lot of people didnt jump into that release because everybody thinks it won't be limited.
Many people jumped on this occasion knowing the deck was limited. But I'm sure that if they had released more, perhaps they wouldn't have gotten a reputation for selling rare decks (like D&D), but they would've pleased more of the customers who would have bought more decks because of their beauty and not because of how limited they are.

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2012, 11:21:50 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I put some up for trade in the sales section.

If anyone is interested

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
For those who didn't browse the pics that T11 posted of the deck...

This is a much nicer looking deck than the original...

NICE!!

CBJ

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2012, 12:01:37 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
That's a very elegant and classy looking deck of cards.  I like the look of these way better than the original monarchs.
- Adam

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
That's a very elegant and classy looking deck of cards.  I like the look of these way better than the original monarchs.
It is. It's a shame it's so limited and opening one would be a catastrophe for most collectors. I'm sure if T11 had released more of these they would have gotten much more customers.

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I had a very nice surprise this morning! found out my credit card was charged for the amount that the order of 2 monarchs was going to cost me. Went to my account info on T11 website and saw I had an order ID for 2 white monarchs! I am a bit curious why I didn't receive and email about my purchase so I have contacted them, but it looks promising! 

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Cool! How did that work if you never made the check out?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »

vmagic

Here's another one... opening at $150.. buy it now.. $300

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280888599227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

After a few hours???  really???

It seems that one has been removed.

It is. It's a shame it's so limited and opening one would be a catastrophe for most collectors. I'm sure if T11 had released more of these they would have gotten much more customers.

Well I don't know about everyone else but I plan on opening one of my decks up so I can actually see it and handle it and review it! Might be the ONLY White Monarch review on Youtube!  ;)

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:

what the hell are you talking about? there were so many customers their web site crashed. yes, in theory they would sell more decks if they put more decks out, but that doesn't mean that there isn't going to be a shit ton of customers waiting to get these decks come friday.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

I did make it to checkout.... was at the processing order stage for what felt like hours. Nothing ever said the order had gone through at the time, but when I checked my bank statement online this morning I was being charged for what I had wanted to order from T11. So I checked my account at T11 and at the top of the list was a new order ID for 2 white monarch decks.

« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

I did make it to checkout.... was at the processing order stage for what felt like hours. Nothing ever said the order had gone through at the time, but when I checked my bank statement online this morning I was being charged for what I had wanted to order from T11. So I checked my account at T11 and at the top of the list was a new order ID for 2 white monarch decks.

Cool, Then maybe I still have hope! I made it there but my order never said it made it through. Time for me to check the statements.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Cool, Then maybe I still have hope! I made it there but my order never said it made it through. Time for me to check the statements.

Yeah, definitely look over your statement and T11 account. I just got a response to my inquiry about the lack of email, they apologized for the confusion and resent out a new one for me! 2 White Monarchs confirmed for me, although.... it will be a while until they arrive, damn USPS. :(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:47:25 PM by Curt »

« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2012, 05:14:25 PM »

branespload

• Newcomer
Just wanted to add that I also received a charge on my card, a statement in my T11 acct and an email confirmation for a pair  of decks after the site presumably crashed and decks were no longer on sale. Hopefully they come through with it.

The question I have at this point is, what happens next week? They said they would open another sale window with the entire 500 decks -- but what about the people who had already successfully purchased decks? Will they offer less than 500 decks, or could there potentially be more than 500 decks in circulation after next Friday?

« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2012, 06:27:16 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
to think they printed ONLY 500 decks is almost stupid. they are just releasing a small batch to keep them in high demand from collectors.

« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2012, 06:37:24 PM »

branespload

• Newcomer
lol I know they print more, but what I meant is would they RELEASE more than 500 into the wild? that gives more people better chances of grabbing a deck or two, but it also changes how 'rare' and 'limited' the decks actually are. that's what i was wondering.

« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2012, 06:54:48 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
i bet they release them to contest winners and whatnot.

« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
i bet they release them to contest winners and whatnot.

I agree. I think the reason they are making this an artificially rare deck is so they have something to give away for contests. Ellusionist has many rare decks that they created to use for prizes such as, gold arcane, red artifice, BGv1, LTD. Where as T11 really don't seem to have anything since selling off a lot of their white cents a while back.