Can you help me concerning one deck?

Author (Read 942 times)

Can you help me concerning one deck?
« on: November 19, 2015, 07:50:49 PM »

Cryptocard27

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hi,

I have a problem with a deck. Some times ago, I bought all the Michael Scott Mauger decks. However, I received only decks with gold edges for the red model. Did you receive a red air-cushion deck without gold edges with your order please?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Can you help me concerning one deck?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:28:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi,

I have a problem with a deck. Some times ago, I bought all the Michael Scott Mauger decks. However, I received only decks with gold edges for the red model. Did you receive a red air-cushion deck without gold edges with your order please?

Thank you in advance.

I haven't purchased these decks, but have you considered contacting Michael Scott and asking about this?  If anyone's going to have the straight answer, it's going to be him.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 05:57:27 AM »

Cryptocard27

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I haven't purchased these decks, but have you considered contacting Michael Scott and asking about this?  If anyone's going to have the straight answer, it's going to be him.

Yes Don, I immediately contacted Michael Scott because in his kickstarter campaign, he specified that a deck would be standard without gold edges. For that reason, Michael sent me what he called "a promo deck", one deck with a red back and without gold edges and whithout air-cushion: "It will be a promo deck so it won’t have an air cushion finish."

I received this unusual "smooth" promo deck but however, I would like to know if somebody really received an air-cushion Red copy without gold edges if possible. Normally, this deck would have been in the first orange box without the wrapper.

MAUGER REPLICA EDITION - 2 PIECE BOX:

Cards are the size of original deck 90mm x 62mm
    Comes in replica 2 piece heavy cloth cardboard box
    Hot stamp foil gold star
    Linoid Finish
    Replica paper stamp seal
    53 cards
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:16:15 AM by Cryptocard27 »

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Yes Don, I immediately contacted Michael Scott because in his kickstarter campaign, he specified that a deck would be standard without gold edges. For that reason, Michael sent me what he called "a promo deck", one deck with a red back and without gold edges and whithout air-cushion: "It will be a promo deck so it won’t have an air cushion finish."

I received this unusual "smooth" promo deck but however, I would like to know if somebody really received an air-cushion Red copy without gold edges if possible. Normally, this deck would have been in the first orange box without the wrapper.

MAUGER REPLICA EDITION - 2 PIECE BOX:

Cards are the size of original deck 90mm x 62mm
    Comes in replica 2 piece heavy cloth cardboard box
    Hot stamp foil gold star
    Linoid Finish
    Replica paper stamp seal
    53 cards

It sounds like you contacted him, but didn't ask him the question you're asking us.  He's still the best person to have the answer.  He knows what was shipped out and to whom.  You might have gotten the "promo deck" (probably a prototype) because he was out of the design in question.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/