Author (Read 626 times)

"Joker's Game" - a new magical musical
« on: January 20, 2015, 06:06:40 AM »

WDTSF

• Newcomer
  • From 4 of Clubs to 9 of Diamonds
Ladies and gentlemen of the playing card kingdom,

I have come to ask a favour from you.

So here is the thing: I'm a playwright/songwriter/magician from China. In 2008, I was inspired to write a musical using the symbology in playing cards as allegory. The show was produced in China with some minor academic (but not commercial) success.

Unwilling to let it go, I have prepared the English version of the script for the show for a workshop and staged reading presentation of it in New York as a step towards eventually putting it on a stage on Broadway.

If you or anyone you know who might be able to finance/support/contribute, or even just to help spread the word, please pass this along to them!!!

This is a love story set in modern China told through the perspective of a magician nick-named "the Joker. For more information please check out the link to our crowd-funding page!

Thanks!!!

https://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/jokers-game-staged-reading

Best,

Kemin
No matter how you shuffle, the odds will remain the same...

Re: "Joker's Game" - a new magical musical
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 11:25:37 AM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
Ladies and gentlemen of the playing card kingdom,

I have come to ask a favour from you.

So here is the thing: I'm a playwright/songwriter/magician from China. In 2008, I was inspired to write a musical using the symbology in playing cards as allegory. The show was produced in China with some minor academic (but not commercial) success.

Unwilling to let it go, I have prepared the English version of the script for the show for a workshop and staged reading presentation of it in New York as a step towards eventually putting it on a stage on Broadway.

If you or anyone you know who might be able to finance/support/contribute, or even just to help spread the word, please pass this along to them!!!

This is a love story set in modern China told through the perspective of a magician nick-named "the Joker. For more information please check out the link to our crowd-funding page!

Thanks!!!

https://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/jokers-game-staged-reading

Best,

Kemin

Awesome!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the real thing. I've seen some scenes from the Chinese version when I was last in Beijing. If you like magic & live theater, then this is something you should certainly fund.

Thanks for coming on the PCF and sharing with us Kemin.

Lee

Re: "Joker's Game" - a new magical musical
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 07:42:19 PM »

WDTSF

• Newcomer
  • From 4 of Clubs to 9 of Diamonds
thank you Lee for your kind support!
I just uploaded a video on YouTube of some behin- the-scenes moments of putting this piece together in China. Hope this gives you a better idea of what we're doing here:

http://youtu.be/VcbVE728T0o

Thank you for your interest and support!

Best,

Kemin
No matter how you shuffle, the odds will remain the same...