Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Happy Accident Don? I have had people take the deck from me and ruin the trick many times, In times like those I need to learn to instantly palm the card.

I was doing a trick at school a few years back and a girl walked up and snatched the card from my friend's hand, tore it and bent it while grabbing it. This was with my lovely and favourite deck at the time, the Deck one v2. D: I demanded $10 from her (the amount it cost me to pay and ship the deck) but never got it, Thinking back now, Probably just something that came out of my mouth like what happens with a child
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: Funniest/worst thing that's ever happened to you while performing
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 12:50:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Happy Accident Don? I have had people take the deck from me and ruin the trick many times, In times like those I need to learn to instantly palm the card.

I was doing a trick at school a few years back and a girl walked up and snatched the card from my friend's hand, tore it and bent it while grabbing it. This was with my lovely and favourite deck at the time, the Deck one v2. D: I demanded $10 from her (the amount it cost me to pay and ship the deck) but never got it, Thinking back now, Probably just something that came out of my mouth like what happens with a child

Well...never perform with a deck you're afraid to trash, especially when performing in an environment you don't entirely control.  Some people love screwing with the magician - often because magic messes with their own personal sense of reality.  You're showing them shit that shouldn't be possible and they can't handle it.  Control freaks are usually the most prone to this type of reaction; they MUST control EVERYTHING in their world, MUST know why things happen, and magic to them is like mental sodomy without lubricant...

Now you have an excellent opportunity - think of all the T'n'Rs, Cannibals, etc. that you can do with the deck's remaining survivor cards!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »

chosenthemagician

• I love magic, as simple as that.

• Twitter:
Funniest- people stared at me and screamed.

Worst- they forgot their card and slapped me
- stay classy with the cards-
- it's not the card that does magic, you do the magic-

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 02:09:46 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Worst thing? Someone slamming my deck from my hands because they couldn't understand the trick. They thought it was funny, but we all know what happens when cards hit the ground.

Never perform with anything but a standard deck of Bikes if you're performing to your friends. Strangers have boundaries because they don't know you. Friends think it's okay to mess with your stuff. No one touches my cards unless I let them!

my buddy did this to me once and I just about threw him off a balcony. Didn't help that my kitchen floor was really dirty at the time. One deck of Bee Stingers down the drain, which especially sucks now because they're sold out on T11 and I'd have to get another one from eBay

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 03:09:33 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Performed french kiss for a girl today, she would not put the card in her mouth so I just played as much as I could on my end. When she saw that her card was in my mouth she about died, freaking out saying " I don't like that" and then asking how I did it.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.