Thing I bought Today

Author (Read 1121 times)

Thing I bought Today
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110741924480?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1502wt_905

I bought that today.

I am guessing it is a fake becuase it was $12 and free shipping. But I figured for $12 you can`t really go wrong. If the cards fit in here it will be pretty sweet, if not WHO CARES :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Re: Thing I bought Today
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:58:58 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah fake for sure, but pretty sweet looking!! Those would look great with some of the smoke and mirrors decks. Let us know how it is.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:01:12 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Whilst deffinetly fake, still a really nice looking clip. Good find!
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:58:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Oh yeah, big-time fake.  But still cool-looking.  I'm actually looking forward to Jamie Grant's design, coming out soon!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 03:59:51 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
This is one of the fake ones that we talked about in another thread about clips. Although not authentic, it still works OK.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 04:21:03 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Oh yeah, big-time fake.  But still cool-looking.  I'm actually looking forward to Jamie Grant's design, coming out soon!

me too, although I hope there is a plain brass option. I'm not a fan of the design on it at all!

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 04:44:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

me too, although I hope there is a plain brass option. I'm not a fan of the design on it at all!

I'd be shocked if a plain version wasn't available.  Whether it will be in brass is another story.  Most go for aluminum or steel.  Both are cheap and aluminum is lightweight.  Anything with copper in it these days costs a bit more than it used to.

Some interesting trivia:
Brass is made of copper and zinc mixed into an alloy.
US Pennies are no longer 100% copper.  They're 97% zinc with 3% copper to coat it.
The US Mint was forced to make the change because some people finally realized that due to increasing market rates, a single copper penny contained more than a penny's worth of copper!  The change took place roughly two decades ago.
The reason the US Mint is pushing for a successful dollar coin release is that it costs the Mint more than a dollar to make a one-dollar bill, and they have an average life span of only eighteen months.
The US is one of the few countries still producing paper currency for its "dollar" or local equivalent.
The largest factor working against the removal of the one-dollar bill is that Americans in general dislike carrying around change, preferring lighter paper currency over coins.
"Paper" currency isn't actually made of wood-based paper in the US - it's 75% linen, 25% cotton, 0% wood pulp.  A wood pulp dollar bill would have an average lifespan of about a month or less.
I'm bored.  Can't you tell?  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 04:53:12 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
This is the one that Krystal bought! saw it on Nathan's post on fake porper clips. Couldn't find the link on ebay then but yes this is the one.. pictures there if you wanna know..  http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1683.0
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I'd be shocked if a plain version wasn't available.  Whether it will be in brass is another story.  Most go for aluminum or steel.  Both are cheap and aluminum is lightweight.  Anything with copper in it these days costs a bit more than it used to.

Some interesting trivia:
Brass is made of copper and zinc mixed into an alloy.
US Pennies are no longer 100% copper.  They're 97% zinc with 3% copper to coat it.
The US Mint was forced to make the change because some people finally realized that due to increasing market rates, a single copper penny contained more than a penny's worth of copper!  The change took place roughly two decades ago.
The reason the US Mint is pushing for a successful dollar coin release is that it costs the Mint more than a dollar to make a one-dollar bill, and they have an average life span of only eighteen months.
The US is one of the few countries still producing paper currency for its "dollar" or local equivalent.
The largest factor working against the removal of the one-dollar bill is that Americans in general dislike carrying around change, preferring lighter paper currency over coins.
"Paper" currency isn't actually made of wood-based paper in the US - it's 75% linen, 25% cotton, 0% wood pulp.  A wood pulp dollar bill would have an average lifespan of about a month or less.
I'm bored.  Can't you tell?  :))

Well he mentioned the vault was a brass clip so I figured he would stick with that if he made a plain clip without any designs. I'll be crossing my fingers because I think it looks great!

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 06:11:51 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Yeah Exactly the same one I have ^_^  Go China!

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 12:21:10 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Yeah Exactly the same one I have ^_^  Go China!
Sweet does it fit on the deck?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.