You are Here:
White Artifice Deck from Ellusionist

Author (Read 14458 times)

White Artifice Deck from Ellusionist
« on: March 31, 2013, 07:56:22 PM »

amosyzk

• True Member
Ellusionist posted this on their fb page ytd. Release date and name of deck is unknown.
Some comments suggest that it could be the white artifice, but some deemed otherwise.
I gotta say, the box looks like the artifice boxes more than any other decks that were suggested (Sultan treasury version 2, Fathom deck etc.)
But I hope it isn't the white artifice but a new deck design.

"|| WINTER IS COMING || Soon."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:17:50 AM by Don Boyer »

Re: White Artifice Deck? from Ellusionist
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Ellusionist posted this on their fb page ytd. Release date and name of deck is unknown.
Some comments suggest that it could be the white artifice, but some deemed otherwise.
I gotta say, the box looks like the artifice boxes more than any other decks that were suggested (Sultan treasury version 2, Fathom deck etc.)

Well, the Fathom is part of a series - the water deck.  Soon there will be earth, wind and fire decks.

But they would likely have mentioned the element rather than a season.

BUT...

If I recall, we ALREADY HAVE on our release list a joint project between Alex Chin/Seasons and Ellusionist...

This is a new Seasons deck - I can practically guarantee it!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 08:11:10 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Interested teaser. They've been making nice ones with the ice. I wouldn't mind a white Artifice. White looks clean and prestigious. If it is the Season's deck, what different thing do you think they'll do this time? Let's wait and see what comes up.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »

amosyzk

• True Member

Well, the Fathom is part of a series - the water deck.  Soon there will be earth, wind and fire decks.

But they would likely have mentioned the element rather than a season.

BUT...

If I recall, we ALREADY HAVE on our release list a joint project between Alex Chin/Seasons and Ellusionist...

This is a new Seasons deck - I can practically guarantee it!

If its the water deck, they would probably show the deck in water rather than ice.
I gotta go for White Artifice or Seasons. Maybe they will send a promo deck to the black club members?

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 09:37:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

If its the water deck, they would probably show the deck in water rather than ice.
I gotta go for White Artifice or Seasons. Maybe they will send a promo deck to the black club members?

Don't count on it.  There are benefits to being a member, but a free copy of every deck released isn't one of them.  We will, however, get a 24-hour head start on buying it.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 09:41:51 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Maybe they will send a promo deck to the black club members?
That's doing to much. You already got a limited deck, a limited box, some downloads, discounts, an unreleased deck, and advance notices/purchase opportunities. No need to be greedy now. I believe all those goodies are already worth the $150.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Hmm just based solely on "WINTER IS COMING" I'd say it's another seasons deck which would be amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more. Can't wait!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »

amosyzk

• True Member
That's doing to much. You already got a limited deck, a limited box, some downloads, discounts, an unreleased deck, and advance notices/purchase opportunities. No need to be greedy now. I believe all those goodies are already worth the $150.

Oh I didn't know the members get so much. I am NOT one myself so I thought the members are able to get decks faster than normal buyers.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:11:36 PM by amosyzk »

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

Oh I didn't know the members get so much. I am NOT one myself so I thought the members are able to get decks faster than normal buyers.

Yeah those are the perks of purchasing a Black Club membership. A few of those items are really nice in my opinion but I didn't join because it is expensive for me at the moment. I do think the day in advance for releases is pretty nice as well but I don't think any Ellusionist deck has sold out before being publically released since the release of the Black Club.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 01:17:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Actually, we do - we get a 24-hour head start on purchasing any new Ellusionist release (not just decks) before it goes on sale to the public.

Yeah those are the perks of purchasing a Black Club membership. A few of those items are really nice in my opinion but I didn't join because it is expensive for me at the moment. I do think the day in advance for releases is pretty nice as well but I don't think any Ellusionist deck has sold out before being publically released since the release of the Black Club.

But don't think just about decks - everything they sell we get first crack at; decks, uncut sheets, magic tricks and gimmicks, etc.  As far as decks, imagine they had the Red Artifice release AFTER the Black Club came into existence rather than before.  I would have been able to buy my decks, no rush, no panic, no jammed servers, simple as that.  On the rare occasion that something really rare goes on sale, having that 24-hour window saves you a lot of stress trying to obtain it.

Re: White Artifice Deck from Ellusionist
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 02:19:43 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Ooh good point. I'm not sure how I forgot about server lags but getting a day head start can really take that unneeded stress away. And I didn't know that the "advanced" purchase (before the general public release) also applies to other merchandise as well.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:17:24 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 02:47:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Ooh good point. I'm not sure how I forgot about server lags but getting a day head start can really take that unneeded stress away. And I didn't know that the "advanced" purchase (before the general public release) also applies to other merchandise as well.

It's not so much for someone who's just a card collector, but for someone who's also a hardcore magician.  Don't you remember all the card collectors who had no interest in magic bitching that they had to "buy" all that other stuff just to get a precious Black Club Artifice deck?  They didn't frame it in their minds that they were buying the privileges that go with the membership as well.  While it wasn't the cheapest thing (nor the most expensive) I've ever purchased for magic, it's steadily becoming worth its cost.

Oh, wait!  I nearly forgot!

BLACK FRIDAY!

Black Club members will be doing their shopping on Thanksgiving!  Boo yah!  Let's hope they have something good to offer this year!

EDIT: wow - we are getting WAY off-course here...  Let's rein it in a bit.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:49:40 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 04:59:40 AM »

amosyzk

• True Member
EDIT: wow - we are getting WAY off-course here...  Let's rein it in a bit.

Yeah we are getting way off-course here, but at least we are still talking bout E rather than Theory 11.

Anyway, one fb user commented on E's photo: "If any one remembers correctly, someone asked for a white artifice deck possibly and brad said: "careful of what you wish for" and left it at that."
Not sure where he got that from but I gotta say its looking more like the White Artifice rather than Seasons.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 05:21:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Anyway, one fb user commented on E's photo: "If any one remembers correctly, someone asked for a white artifice deck possibly and brad said: "careful of what you wish for" and left it at that."
Not sure where he got that from but I gotta say its looking more like the White Artifice rather than Seasons.

In which case, why the mention of winter?  And I don't recall the Artifice deck having the "Ellusionist Playing Card Co." logo on the side or the top of the box - this looks like it's on the top.  All the Artifice releases to date haven't had that logo, and they've kept the same basic design through all the iterations of the deck.  Even up to that regrettable purple - nice back, disastrous faces.  Even the Black Club deck is somewhat flawed - the reds are dull white and the blacks are a light gray, making them tougher to distinguish from each other.  Anyway, what they have had was the old E logo on the left side of the bottom panel, and it would stand to reason that they'd keep the design consistent, so even if they did update it to have the new firebird logo, it would be in the same place, the left side of the bottom of the tuck box.  The firebird logo in the photo is on the right.

The white tuck box does look "Artifice-y", I'll grant you, but there are alterations to the basic Artifice design.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but I am saying they're talking about WINTER IS COMING and we know they're working on at least one project with Alex Chin/Seasons Playing Cards, a project that's been in the works for several months - pushing a year, at this point.  It just seems more logical.  The talk was, as far as I know, that he was doing a special deck for E, and that at some point he'd be making his "winter" and "summer" decks, but there was no time table and no mention of whether they'd be a team-up with E as well.  Alex told me when the Gold Edition decks were being released that he was approached by E to do the entire series with them but that he was already tied up with another business partner and it was a slightly complicated situation.

I'm thinking Seasons Winter deck.

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 06:52:31 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I'm with Don on this. Although I did ask about the white artifice and Brad responded saying, "be careful what you wish for," I am convinced that 'winter' would refer to the seasons deck. If I understand my hemispheres correctly, winter has passed in America and it is now spring.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 12:22:03 PM »

amosyzk

• True Member
Yeah after reading all that Don had said, I am pretty convinced that its the seasons deck. If its a white artifice, they wouldn't put a "winter" into that teaser.

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 01:45:01 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
These are white artifices.

the picture is also of the bottom. If you look at the bottom of an artifice deck it has that exact same design.

On my purple artifice the old ellusionist symbol is on the right(when you hole the box normal), but it is upside down. So all they did here was add the new logo, flip it so it looks right, and do some color changes.

It would make sense to have a black and a white artifice.

And the "Winter is coming" can just refer to the deck being white, a color associated with winter.

People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 03:27:49 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
I'm with Don on this. Although I did ask about the white artifice and Brad responded saying, "be careful what you wish for," I am convinced that 'winter' would refer to the seasons deck. If I understand my hemispheres correctly, winter has passed in America and it is now spring.

As much as I'd like for this to be another Seasons deck, you're right. Winter has just passed in America. And although "WINTER IS COMING" is a terrible choice of words to tease a White Artifice, it's possible. Again, I'd really like to see another Seasons deck and am really hoping it is, I'm not closing the possibility of a White Artifice. I mean it'll be a while before winter actually gets here.

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »

smelyrhino

• Newcomer
It would seem the phrase "Winter is coming" has a reference to the returning season 3 of Game of Thrones.

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It would seem the phrase "Winter is coming" has a reference to the returning season 3 of Game of Thrones.

Wait, there already IS a Game of Thrones deck...  :))

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
I too think that "Winter is coming" is a mere pop culture reference (Game of Thrones). That is one of the most referenced quotes in the show and Season 3 premiered just yesterday.

So, I'm guessing the "winter" thing is just related to the fact that the new deck is snow white, not that it has any real connexion with Game of Thrones whatsoever.

It's probably the new White Artifice, though I would love if this was revealed to be Alex Chin's Winter Season deck.

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
IF it IS a White Artifice deck, please don't tell me it's going to be another "club" exclusive. Ughh.

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 11:44:32 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
IF it IS a White Artifice deck, please don't tell me it's going to be another "club" exclusive. Ughh.

It could be either White Artifices or a new Seasons and I hope it's not club exclusive. That would be terrible. If it is another Artifice white would look very clean and nice. I may be dreaming but I think metallic ink would be very cool. :))

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 12:04:26 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
If its another artifice, I will buy it, I wanted a white one. BUT at the same time Ellusionist will no longer be my favorite company. They have ran that deck way to far. Saying they were done a long time ago and kept going.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 12:12:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Why would it be?  There's only one actual exclusive for the club, and it's the deck from which it gets its name.

If its another artifice, I will buy it, I wanted a white one. BUT at the same time Ellusionist will no longer be my favorite company. They have ran that deck way to far. Saying they were done a long time ago and kept going.

I think they jumped the shark with the purple deck.  I did hear months back from someone around here that E mentioned the Artifice was going to be their big "go-to" deck going forward.  It's rapidly becoming their "been-there-done-that-bought-the-T-shirt" deck...