Sultan Republic: Treasury Edition by Ellusionist

Author (Read 38110 times)

Re: Sultan Republic Playing Cards, Treasury Edition
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2012, 02:22:36 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
@Aaron, please don't blame me for something I didn't do. I actually wasn't the one who revealed the name or anything about the deck. I believe it was Lazarus who did it.

What!? I said I didnt see anything wrong with what you did!

But after reading all this I do you pretty much lied to the community and anyone who was considering purchasing.

anyway has anyone discovered the other product? I am guessing uncuts of one of the sultan decks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:23:18 AM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2012, 03:14:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I'm going to sleep now. I'll be back here in the morning to continue repeating myself over and over again.

Evan, please don't.

We've gone WAAAAAY off topic with this.  At this point, neither side will be convincing the other that they're in the right, so there's no point in continuing this here.  If you or anyone else wants to keep running laps around this issue, I beg of you, TAKE IT TO THE LOLAQ.  This includes the WHOLE peanut gallery, not just Evan.  (It even includes me, though at this point I'm disinclined to continue - I said my piece, there's nothing more to discuss unless some new facts come to light.)

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:23:43 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2012, 03:20:28 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
So there are at least 2 other products linked to the sultan deck? One being the treasury deck and the other is unknown to those who have not broke the code? This is interesting. I might just buy one to break the code. I love codes.

« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Ellusionist did change the wording for the Treasury deck

See attachments
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2012, 11:26:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

See attachments

Which came first, "per order" or "per person"?

« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2012, 11:27:41 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

See attachments

"per order" was first. And I bought 6 decks(2 orders). A guy named Hikeeba on ebay has at least 2 bricks of these.

« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

See attachments

"per order" was first. And I bought 6 decks(2 orders). A guy named Hikeeba on ebay has at least 2 bricks of these.

Evan, everything after "'per order' was first" belongs in the LOLAQ.  Got it?  We're done with it here.  Kindly take it there if you want to continue - last warning.

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

See attachments

Evan, everything after "'per order' was first" belongs in the LOLAQ.  Got it?  We're done with it here.  Kindly take it there if you want to continue - last warning.
All I did was make a comment... an on topic comment. This is the Sultan Treasury deck thread, right? But ok, whatever you say.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:43:00 AM by Evan »

Re: Sultan Republic: Treasury Edition by Ellusionist
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2012, 11:56:54 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
This whole thing is blown out of proportion... So what Evan is selling these decks, he is simply providing a way to get the decks to people that don't have the link at a profit. Nothing is wrong with that at all...

lock thread ban op burn sultan treasury decks destroy ebay kill everyone that posted in thread

/thread
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This whole thing is blown out of proportion... So what Evan is selling these decks, he is simply providing a way to get the decks to people that don't have the link at a profit. Nothing is wrong with that at all...

lock thread ban op burn sultan treasury decks destroy ebay kill everyone that posted in thread

/thread

So, since all that's off-topic - what do YOU think of the DECK ITSELF, John?  And not the other crap that belongs elsewhere?

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
This deck is beautiful... It's like series 1800 and sultan had sex, while artifice was watching praying the baby was beautiful and it was...

I don't like the 3 deck limit though, a 6 deck limit would be perfect though :P.

/thread

So, since all that's off-topic - what do YOU think of the DECK ITSELF, John?  And not the other crap that belongs elsewhere?

Already posted my opinion days ago :P
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
According to the E facebook page, the Sultan Treasury decks will be available to all, tonight at 8pm Eastern time.

That's going to piss a lot of people off, and make a lot of people happy.

« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
According to the E facebook page, the Sultan Treasury decks will be available to all, tonight at 8pm Eastern time.

That's going to piss a lot of people off, and make a lot of people happy.

Aww. Pretty lame.  :(

To make this post not seem like spam, I'll just say these cards look nicer in fans than the regular sultans
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
This is just my opinion, but I think E really had no choice but to unlock this deck/link for everyone.   E got cornered with people on one side selling the decks on ebay for a higher profit or revealing the link to everyone..........and on the other side I'm sure a lot of pissed off customers who felt cheated by having this deck/link revealed the way it did.   The surprise has been ruined for everyone who bought the original Sultan decks and have spent their time trying to decipher the codes and follow the clues.   It becomes hard for companies to come up with neat ideas regarding their products.   It looks like they wanted to try making it be more than just a deck of cards.   Throw a little bit of fun and mystery into the mix.   Make it a little more interesting and be unique.   They tried, but when people are not gonna follow the rules and ruin it for everyone.   What else can they do?   What else can they try to be different and unique from other companies?   Just some thoughts of mine after seeing how this all unfolded. 

As with the cards, I do not currently have either deck.   Was kinda waiting for the whole Black Friday/Holiday thing.   But I do plan on getting a couple of each deck.   I really do like the whole thing with customizing the inside of the tuck box.   I think its a nice touch.   Yeah, the map is on the inside and you really cant see it.   But I still like it and think its a neat idea.   Just like with the Altruism deck and how they simple colored the inside of the tuck box purple.   I thought that was different and sharp as well.   Soo, I am curious to see how this all unfolds tonight.   Only 2500 decks available.   What are your guys thoughts...........Do you think they will still limit the number of decks per person since they are revealing this to everyone?   Do you think this deck will sell out very quickly?   Will E or other companies try this again with having clues to find and mysteries to be solved?   I guess we will see tonight as well how things play out with the Altruism deck here in the future.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:12:05 PM by Knobz1 »
- Adam

« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2012, 06:06:07 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I feel that, just like the White Monarchs, if they are very limited in a release window, the follow few days will see overinflated prices on eBay then they'll quickly die down a fair bit in price after that.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2012, 06:20:55 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
update on the shipping situation:

Im sorry I cant tell you what another companies business model or shipping rates are compared to ours. I asked the warehouse to get the actual cost to ship your package via UPS and it came to $8.68 so I refunded you in paypal $2.46

- Jennifer.

not a huge refund but I didn't really expect any refund so I can't complain. Hopefully E can take care of the whole situation and keep its customers happy. Overall I think they handled the situation pretty well, with realizing their mistake through these forums and eventually taking some responsibility and helping their customers. $8.68 is still pretty high for shipping but E has always had pretty high shipping rates so it's not a big surprise.

« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Shipping is much more affordable! As low as $3 for 1 deck! Woah Evan shared the link!!! haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Shipping is much more affordable! As low as $3 for 1 deck! Woah Evan shared the link!!! haha
Yep! I shared the link when it was supposed to be shared. Unlike you, who shared the link when it was not supposed to be shared.

Back on topic: I am glad to see that the shipping prices are back to normal. Sadly I had to pay $11.95 for domestic shipping last week  :(

« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2012, 08:53:48 PM »

vmagic

Only cost me like 6 bucks for shipping to Canada.

« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2012, 08:58:21 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I reckon that they released the link because they are a business after all. Which business would print decks and not sell them to the public. It was only a matter of time before they released the link.

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2012, 09:27:02 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
I am happy that I waited. Now I can buy the nicer Treasury Edition at reasonable price instead of been screwed by flippers or fellow board member.

And the best part is I do not even need to buy the normal edition.  :bosswalk:

« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I reckon that they released the link because they are a business after all. Which business would print decks and not sell them to the public. It was only a matter of time before they released the link.

from a business standpoint, keeping it a secret had the potential to work out for future decks, being able to market future secrets effectively based on the past success of the deck and how keeping it a secret could have made it so only the people who bought the first deck would've gotten the second. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that, but if it did it could've been a good thing for future sales on decks.

this is of course only my opinion, but I figure that's what they were going for

« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

from a business standpoint, keeping it a secret had the potential to work out for future decks, being able to market future secrets effectively based on the past success of the deck and how keeping it a secret could have made it so only the people who bought the first deck would've gotten the second. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that, but if it did it could've been a good thing for future sales on decks.

this is of course only my opinion, but I figure that's what they were going for
Quite true. I didnt think of that. I still havent placed an order as it just didnt connect with me with the custom pips and stuff. There are still no review of this deck. Hmmmmmm.

« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
in the situation where the deck was kept a secret and sold out before being completely available, everyone and their mother would buy the next deck by E that had a "secret" because they would want the chance to get a rare deck.