You are Here:
[ISO] Cartamundi & USPC 2020 Merger Celebration box set

Author (Read 7107 times)

[ISO] Cartamundi & USPC 2020 Merger Celebration box set
« on: March 04, 2020, 01:49:36 AM »

the.asics.kid

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
This might be a very long shot since, all folks that were invited will most definetly carry these decks as batches of honor. But asking never hurt nobody. So if anybody out there has the two decks (see photo below) that were given out at the event at As Is, It would make an European collector very happy if we can figure out a deal for them. The box set would be icing on the cake but I'm a card collector so the two decks alone would make me extremly happy as well.

If some one that attended has and/or is allowed to give further infos on these (print run/ available for public sometime maybe) it would be very kind to share any bit of information as well.

Thanks for reading and in advance for any helpful info.

- anima sana in corpore sano  /  What a joy to roam this valley of broken souls -

Re: [ISO] Cartamundi & USPC 2020 Merger Celebration box set
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 08:12:38 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 06:07:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Here's more info...

https://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16003

Jay

Jay - the link isn't working!

This might be a very long shot since, all folks that were invited will most definetly carry these decks as batches of honor. But asking never hurt nobody. So if anybody out there has the two decks (see photo below) that were given out at the event at As Is, It would make an European collector very happy if we can figure out a deal for them. The box set would be icing on the cake but I'm a card collector so the two decks alone would make me extremly happy as well.

If some one that attended has and/or is allowed to give further infos on these (print run/ available for public sometime maybe) it would be very kind to share any bit of information as well.

Thanks for reading and in advance for any helpful info.

I was at the event, entitled "The House of Cardistry and Magic 2020," and have exactly one of those boxed sets.  I opened both decks already - they're kinda cool, especially the "United" deck made by Cartamundi, and the Bicycle deck is the first one I know of to be "co-branded" with another playing card company's name on it.  The United deck is VERY special in that it combines a lot of symbolism of both companies, their products and their places of origin, and it commemorates two events that occurred on December 31, 2019: the completion of the purchase of USPC and the 50th anniversary of the Cartamundi Group.

Print run...  Here's the deal.  The Cartamundi exec I spoke with at As Is Bar said they only made enough for the event.  They invited about 200 people, only expected maybe half to show up, but instead, not only did practically every invitee show, many brought "plus-ones" without invitations!  If I had to put a number of it, I'd estimate they only made about two hundred sets.  Very few people managed to get more than one set - though I know of a particular YouTuber with a large following who managed to snag about a half-dozen!  I had four sets at one point, but that's because I was getting them for myself and three other people: Caroline Ravn, Bill Kalush and Lee Asher.  Bill and Lee rode to the event in my car, while I held Caroline's for her along with her coat in my car trunk.

To my knowledge, the decks will not be reprinted or redistributed.  They were just for that event, period.  Maybe they'll change their minds, but I'm not inclined to think so; it was really a special commemorative release.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 08:55:37 AM »

the.asics.kid

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
The link work(s)ed. It's just that our sisters and brothers at UC have server problems (or to be accurate the company that hosts the server).

Thank you here as well for the insights, Don. I found a set on eBay but it already is above anything close to what I was willing to spend, LOL. I guess I scrape that from the wish list and move on and start harassing Cartamundi and/or USPCC employees until I'm invited to the next event.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:57:01 AM by the.asics.kid »
- anima sana in corpore sano  /  What a joy to roam this valley of broken souls -