You are Here:
New Medieval Deck on Kickstarter!

Author (Read 952 times)

New Medieval Deck on Kickstarter!
« on: June 22, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »

cjh156

• Newcomer
Hello! the day I married my wife I promised to show her the world and always keep her smiling. To fulfill that I created a Medieval Revival deck of cards and have posted it on Kickstarter! I would love your support

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/997263019/medieval-revival-legit-playing-cards

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:35:41 PM by cjh156 »

Re: New Medieval Deck on Kickstarter!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:43:30 AM »

chas0039

• Forum Regular
$750?

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »

cjh156

• Newcomer
750 is the required amount to print! the decks are 10 dollars

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 11:49:56 AM »

chas0039

• Forum Regular
I get that.  It just strikes me as a remarkably low cost for a project.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »

cjh156

• Newcomer
yea I have done everything my self and so I was able to keep my costs down. Really everything is already done. I just need the funds to submit to the printer. $750 is enough for me to break even.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 12:09:02 PM »

Travis Carter

Who's the printer? They look nice. Yet, like chas0039 said, it's an extremely low goal for a deck project.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »

cjh156

• Newcomer
http://www.makeplayingcards.com

Im using the 310(GSM) linen paper

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »

fireshaper

• Forum Regular
I like these, I'm pledging!

Are you going to fulfill your order yourself or let MPC do it? Make sure that you have the shipping included in your final price because with international shipping it can really add up.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 08:44:42 PM »

cjh156

• Newcomer
Fireshaper thanks for your support! At this point I will be fulfilling it my self. And I'm including shipping costs for the U.S. And I am calculating international as requests come. Any tips for me?

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 01:46:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Fireshaper thanks for your support! At this point I will be fulfilling it my self. And I'm including shipping costs for the U.S. And I am calculating international as requests come. Any tips for me?

Your price point per deck is good, but yes, that project goal is VERY low.  It could be the lowest I've seen, though not by a wide margin.

MPC does a passable job of making cards - but they always make the art darker than you think it will be.  You can try to adjust for this by lightening up the images you send them, but it's a crap shoot to get them right because you won't know how much they need to be altered.

There are other companies that would do a better job of the printing, though you'd have to order a minimum of anywhere from 1,000 to 2,500 decks.

The artwork is very attractive.  The design, however, is not terribly functional.  I wouldn't even know where to begin - there's a number of flaws.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 06:44:18 PM »

fireshaper

• Forum Regular

Expect your shipping to be about 3/4 the cost of the production (especially for MPC). With a small order like you are doing, I don't think fulfillment will be a problem for you to do on your own. The cheapest way I've found to ship in the US is a small Priority Mail box from the Post Office ($5.99 anywhere in the US), this box will hold about 6 standard tucks snugly. But you won't be selling 6 decks per order, it will be 1-2 decks on average. Otherwise, you are looking at about $16 for the cheapest international shipping per order.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 06:38:02 PM »

variantventures

• Forum Regular
Not the kind of deck I buy but very visually appealing.  I've passed your kickstarter on to some folks who might be interested.  Congrats on getting funded and good luck. :)