You are Here:
USPCC deck: The Dog Deck

Author (Read 2878 times)

USPCC deck: The Dog Deck
« on: June 26, 2012, 07:17:04 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Here is a deck which isn't new, but it USPCC, is pretty cool, and hasn't been mentionned before according to the search button.
It is called the Dog deck. It's great, handles very well, is completely custom, and available almost everywhere (bicycle shops, magic shops, Walgreens, Walmart).
Here is a link:
http://www.bicyclecards.com/products/playing-card/the-dog-playing-cards

Thx!
PS: If you are interested in trading for one, please check the link in my signature or PM me.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:18:01 PM by NathanCanadas »

Re: USPCC deck: The Dog Deck
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:10:22 PM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I think there is a CAT version too. AM I right? I have seen this deck in miniature too...

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:15:59 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I think there is a CAT version too. AM I right? I have seen this deck in miniature too...
Not sure. You're probably right, but I have yet to see one. And google wasn't too helpful for this...

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
I'm a dog person for sure. I love my dogs!!! but I've got to say, I'll never buy a deck like these.. Just not a fan of these kind of playing cards..

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:33:56 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
It's such a cute novelty deck though! I handles very well, and for 3$, what can you miss? I have used up a deck to death, and now I play cards with my parents and grandparents with it.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:30:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I have this deck - it's the second edition - in addition to the first edition (different photos and back) and the miniature deck.  The minis are a bit disappointing, since most of the cards have standard fronts and I think only the "aces and faces" have dog pictures, as well as the card back.  There was a "The Cat" deck, but I'm noticing it's harder to find and was likely not as popular.

I actually had the minis up for sale on this site not long ago.  I'm surprised your search didn't pick that up, Nathan.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 11:50:29 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Actually, yes, I did see you sold some as well as some Hoyles, but I meant to say I hadn't seen a thread talking about them. Are there minis for both the Cat and the Dog or just the Dog?

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 02:21:58 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Since this is what it's come to... Let me also share another neat deck that is manufactured by the USPCC... It can also be found on their site along with the important Dog edition cards... These are about as important if not more important than the entire post opened up to discuss the Dog cards... Let me know if I should start a new topic for the Sponge Bob edition or the Coca Cola deck as well...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:22:19 PM by jmrock »

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Since this is what it's come to... Let me also share another neat deck that is manufactured by the USPCC... It can also be found on their site along with the important Dog edition cards... These are about as important if not more important than the entire post opened up to discuss the Dog cards... Let me know if I should start a new topic for the Sponge Bob edition or the Coca Cola deck as well...
Look, you've created at least a half a dozen topics showing decks that you've recently acquired. You can say "Oh, well they're vintage, and they are very important for me", but there's no difference. So far I haven't seen a rule stating I can't occasionally post a new deck I've acquired that hasn't been mentionned before.
Here's a list of similar topics you've created:
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2388.msg44166#msg44166
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2682.msg49115#msg49115
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2647.msg48615#msg48615
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2641.msg48554#msg48554
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2461.msg45486#msg45486
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2258.msg41764#msg41764
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2161.msg39706#msg39706
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2093.msg38355#msg38355

Including many others. Sure, most are vintage and "rarer", but in the end, it all comes down to pieces of paper.
Thx,
Nathan

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

HA! HA! HA! Very funny!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 03:35:26 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@J.J.  Hahaha... Indeed...

@Nate... Thank you for taking such an interest in some of my posts... It was nice to reminisce... If you would like any of the decks, please do PM me... However, it would take more than a week or two of allowance to purchase any of them...

Nate, on a more serious note, if you honestly don't see a difference in the Dog deck topic and some of my past posts that you've brought up, then I seriously don't know what to say to you... Strike that, I never know what to say to you anyway... Your inconsistency when forming an opinion on a deck has no rhyme nor reason... When opposed, you flounder... And your posts- let's just say, I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt before clicking on the $1 Dog Deck... But seriously did you see the Disney Princess deck on USPCC as well... I'm curious how it handles... Please let us know, given your vast expertise and knowledge...

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 04:01:48 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

would you, ahhh... be interested in selling that?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 01:26:50 AM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
@J.J.  Hahaha... Indeed...

@Nate... Thank you for taking such an interest in some of my posts... It was nice to reminisce... If you would like any of the decks, please do PM me... However, it would take more than a week or two of allowance to purchase any of them...

Nate, on a more serious note, if you honestly don't see a difference in the Dog deck topic and some of my past posts that you've brought up, then I seriously don't know what to say to you... Strike that, I never know what to say to you anyway... Your inconsistency when forming an opinion on a deck has no rhyme nor reason... When opposed, you flounder... And your posts- let's just say, I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt before clicking on the $1 Dog Deck... But seriously did you see the Disney Princess deck on USPCC as well... I'm curious how it handles... Please let us know, given your vast expertise and knowledge...

HA1 HA! HA! Again!!!!

Jmrock, you made my day, this is to funny!!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:28:01 AM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 07:17:21 AM »

DidoDido

• True Member

• Facebook:
My job is to gain a smile and laugh frrom the sick children in  hospital or kindergarten by showing some little tricks, and the dog or any other Disney decks are perfect "Tool" for me. yes as Nathan said it handles good enough.

Haven`t u guys have a experience when the kids forget their chosen card? This frequently happen in my experience however kids remember their card better if there is animal, manga character or  Disney characters  on the card, and I can make a little gag about it :)

I understand jmrock`s view of card collecting however vintage decks are not only decks for collecting :/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:20:33 AM by DidoDido »

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 08:39:40 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@Dido... Much respect... And certainly not to take at all from the sick children, I completely understand where you're coming from... I do happen to love modern decks as well, but for me they're far and few between these days... The point I was trying to illustrate, and I think it got across to most is that there are many mass produced decks that really don't need a mention... I'm not saying that everyone doesn't have the right to post what they want... I'm just saying if you're even a somewhat serious card collector, why even discuss a deck such as the Dog deck... Both you and Don keep up the good work with the kids...

Below please find one of my favorites... They faro wonderfully, which leads me to believe they're Ohio based, which is also backed up by their oily and slippery finish...

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 09:21:19 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
the point I think you made was that you wanted to be an ass. I feel posting decks like this are ok. It leads to some discussion. this is playing card plethora. not vintage rare decks for collectors.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:25 AM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Well, you can see just A FEW of the decks I have duplicated. Many are bicycle, and all are mixed :) :)

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 11:26:07 AM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Why do these cards even have to handle well?

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 12:45:30 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Why do these cards even have to handle well?
They don't necessarily, but it's cool to do cardistry with a good deck and have a visual encouragement to motivate me.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@Dido... Much respect... And certainly not to take at all from the sick children, I completely understand where you're coming from... I do happen to love modern decks as well, but for me they're far and few between these days... The point I was trying to illustrate, and I think it got across to most is that there are many mass produced decks that really don't need a mention... I'm not saying that everyone doesn't have the right to post what they want... I'm just saying if you're even a somewhat serious card collector, why even discuss a deck such as the Dog deck... Both you and Don keep up the good work with the kids...

Below please find one of my favorites... They faro wonderfully, which leads me to believe they're Ohio based, which is also backed up by their oily and slippery finish...

First of all, the "Ladies of Star Wars" deck is Cartamundi, so they were made nowhere near Ohio...   :))

JM - lighten up a bit.  So they aren't your thing; so what?  Remember that a vast number of the people on this board are young - some might say these decks would even be "age-appropriate" to them.

As a collector, I don't think they're all that great.  As a player, they're cute, but not my favorites by a long shot.  But as a performer who's occasionally sought out to work with kids, these are awesome party favors for the parent willing to fork out for them.  The last kids' party I did, the kids were practically trampling each other to get one of these decks.

If this isn't exactly your topic of choice, you're free to ignore it and let these people do what they want in peace.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:58:39 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 04:14:44 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@John B... No need for name calling... Feel free to express yourself in a more appropriate manner... 

@Don... So maybe a bit too far as usual - and yes the Cartamundi was a joke... I will certainly try and lighten up...

@Max... How does the Tinker Bell deck handle... John B. may want to pick some up... Hahahhaha........ okay, I'll stop now...

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 08:57:38 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
@John B... No need for name calling... Feel free to express yourself in a more appropriate manner... 

@Don... So maybe a bit too far as usual - and yes the Cartamundi was a joke... I will certainly try and lighten up...

@Max... How does the Tinker Bell deck handle... John B. may want to pick some up... Hahahhaha........ okay, I'll stop now...

actually I do. where can i find them? I do tricks for my little sister a lot and bet this deck would make her enjoy it even more. and also i speak my mind. I will not candy coat how I say it for you.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 12:05:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

actually I do. where can i find them? I do tricks for my little sister a lot and bet this deck would make her enjoy it even more. and also i speak my mind. I will not candy coat how I say it for you.

If you knew JM, you'd never say he worries about ANYTHING being candy-coated, unless he happens to be eating it!  :))  He's one to speak his mind as well...

He went a bit far, you responded - call it even and move on; there's nothing to see here... 

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 08:30:48 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@John B... PM me your address... I'll send you a deck...  8)

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@John B... PM me your address... I'll send you a deck...  8)
Can you send me one too? ;)