You are Here:
Hot Girls back on kickstarter!)

Author (Read 854 times)

Hot Girls back on kickstarter!)
« on: August 01, 2015, 04:23:25 AM »

Mike Novoselcev

• Newcomer
Hello!
Thank you for your interest in our project Romantic Playing Cards!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/timothykremer/romantic-playing-cards

The style of this unique deck is love, romance and fantasy. I hope, our deck will make your heart beat!
The novelty of this project is using the unique design and the latest printing technologies MakePlayingCards.com (MPC®).

Images, Inspiration, History

Modern playing cards are not just a rectangular paper made of high-quality double-layer cellulose board. They are a highly artistic creation of group of many people, including the artist, who put his heart into the deck.
I`ll be glad to hear your your advice and wishes.

Artwork

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:11:42 PM by Mike Novoselcev »

Re: Hot Girls back on kickstarter!)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:23:11 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm not a big fan of the design, but I can see where some people would like it.

You described a recently-fulfilled prior project in the main page - but it was produced under a different account, not your own.  To some, this might seem a bit deceptive, especially those of us who remember your previous project to make this deck - a project that doesn't appear on this account.  Perhaps some explanation of this might help people understand.

Your advertising copy needs a LOT of work.  As I've stated before, it's a terrible gift for Valentine's Day and I see no connection to Halloween - the cards have little to no Halloween-related imagery and Halloween has no gift-giving traditions beyond distributing candy to costumed children.  I would think the typical parent would frown on this ending up in a kid's bag of Halloween treats...

I advise you look over the design of the spot cards - the Aces and Twos through Tens.  There's inconsistency in them - some red-suited cards have a red background, some have a black background, and the same for the black suits.  Players look for consistent design in the decks they want to use most.  Perhaps picking a neutral color for the background of all the cards, neither black nor red but perhaps blue, white or purple, would be better.  If you insist on having red and black backgrounds, place the pips on opposing colors in the background, not matching colors, for better visibility.

The items you have listed as "add-ons" are more accurately described as "stretch goals."  As listed, it looks like one can spend $7,500 to have a Dark deck added to their order...

Reconsider your pricing schedule.  $15 for a pack of cards made by MPC is a little too expensive, considering the difference in quality.  They aren't awful, but they aren't worth $15 for a single pack, either.

Among the rewards, you have listed a "Gold Romantic Card Deck" at $100, a "Platinum Romantic Set" at $250, a "Diamond Romantic Set" at $500 and an "Exclusive Set" at $1,000.  There's no adequate description anywhere in this project's main page to indicate what these packages are.  If there is anyone that shells out that much money blindly, please refer them to me - I have a few bridges I'd like to sell them...and perhaps a brand new wardrobe just like the one the Emperor wears...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Hot Girls back on kickstarter!)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 03:44:22 AM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
but I can see where some people would like it.

because of all the hot girls?
Collection and Blog - www.magasaki.com
Studio - www.designsharp.co.uk
Blog Facebook - www.facebook.com/magasakicards
Personal Facebook - www.facebook.com/tommajski