You are Here:
Hello all!

Author (Read 432 times)

Hello all!
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:16:27 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I just wanted to stop in and say hello! Some of you may remember me from the UC forum, although I hadn't been a memeber there for long before it went down. I have lurked on both of these forums for quite a few months. I joined US because I ran across it first, adn didn't want to be on two forums posting the same things twice to many of the same members, so I just opted to stay on there and keep lurking here.

I am a pure card collector. I love to watch flourishing, but seriously doubt that I would even be able to perform the simplest tasks. I love magic, and buy many tricks from E, T11, and Penguin, just to play around with them. I never attempt to perform them for anyone, they are just for my own amusement but even so, I always honor the magician's code and never reveal what I know to anyone. I LOVE knowing how the tricks work, adn enjoy being fooled! I can watch most tricks now and figure out how they are done, but I truly appreciate the skill and imaginitive thinking that goes into creating these tricks and I buy the ones that I especially like to support the artists and companies. I first got into collecting on a serious scale through these magic companies.

Being a pure collector, I never open the decks that I buy (yes, sad, I ageree) unless I ahve a lot of them and they aren't super rare. I but them as art pieces, with no intent on every selling any of them (much to my wife's dismay!). There really aren't a lot of decks that I won't buy at least a couple of.

From the time that I was very young, I remember being fascinated by that weighty card box in my hand. The size, the slight rattle of cards inside, the feeling opening a new deck and fanning through the cards, Just something about it speaks to me. I don't know how, adn I don't know why, but I'm sure that some of you know those feelings. I still go through my collection weekly, scrutinizing each and every deck, wondering about the artwork inside. Maybe it's nostalgia, but something about having the decks just does something for me psychologically. It's so cliche, but it is a magical experience. Yeah, weird...I know. :-)

I look forward to being able to give back to the board and the members as they have given me tips and information over the months.

Have a great day!

BiggerDee

Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:51:41 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Welcome. :) A lot of people here only dabble in flourishing/magic. If you're scared of flourishing because you think you won't be able to do it, don't be. The basics take a few weeks to master, and while the advanced stuff takes months/years, by that point you'll enjoy failing far more because every time you fuck up = you're one fuck up closer to mastery.

See you around the forums! :)
Forum Founder.

Re: Hello all!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello, BiggerDee.  I'd say a fair percentage of us held that same fascination with playing cards when we were younger.  I was always amazed at how such a tiny box could hold so many games!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/