Lucite Cases

Author (Read 6505 times)

Lucite Cases
« on: December 10, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular
  • "Heres to those actually in the arena..."

• Facebook:
I am considering purchasing lucite cases for some of my more collectable decks of cards.

The site:

http://www.discardsing.com/

I would like to know your opinions on weither or not you think this is a good investment?

Does anyone have one that they can give a review or comment on for me?

Thanks,

Zach
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Re: Lucite Cases
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
These are very expensive for what you get.

Honestly, I would look up a plastic/acrylic company in your area.  Go there and explain to them what you are looking for a get a quote.  The quote will be free, and if you decided to get them to build it, the end product would be exactly what you want.

CBJ
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:00:22 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I don't have any, but I've emailed him and they are kinda pricey. I think like $15-$30 each I think. I could be wrong though.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 03:24:07 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I don't have any, but I've emailed him and they are kinda pricey. I think like $15-$30 each I think. I could be wrong though.

The small ones are 12 and the medium ones are 14, it is not too bad in my opinion. I like the way they look, but do they hold up well is my only concern.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

The small ones are 12 and the medium ones are 14, it is not too bad in my opinion. I like the way they look, but do they hold up well is my only concern.

Well get 12 for your LTD decks :P
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

Well get 12 for your LTD decks :P

Haha good idea haha! I know at least two spots are reserved for the LTD's haha

I am also having a spot for A Blue Artifice V1 (cause i like that deck), A Red Artifice, A gold Arcane, my future signed VORTEX DECK!! and my two actuators probably for now.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Meh. They aren't too bad in my opinion. I might just actually get one or two, but you can also use a little more dough to get the Gold-Bolted ones. Although you pay more, you get more value for the buck.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 04:30:07 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Meh. They aren't too bad in my opinion. I might just actually get one or two, but you can also use a little more dough to get the Gold-Bolted ones. Although you pay more, you get more value for the buck.

That is true, good point.  But can you get individual ones or just the briefcase?

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I think they are only available in the briefcase size, but you can fit more than on deck in there, so you can have the S&M collection, the Artifice Collection, the "Black" collection, or just any decks you'd like.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 05:23:32 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I think they are only available in the briefcase size, but you can fit more than on deck in there, so you can have the S&M collection, the Artifice Collection, the "Black" collection, or just any decks you'd like.

That is very true, hmm but to spend the money on the site or to buy individually online?

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 05:34:40 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Those look pretty good, but I'm more of a fan of a nice display case or shelf. The lucite cases always seemed overpriced and silly to me. But for 12 bucks or so, that seems like a good deal. If you do end of getting some you should take some pictures so that we can see what they look like!!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Those look pretty good, but I'm more of a fan of a nice display case or shelf. The lucite cases always seemed overpriced and silly to me. But for 12 bucks or so, that seems like a good deal. If you do end of getting some you should take some pictures so that we can see what they look like!!

I will do, I think i will buy one or two for at least a try and see how they fair, if they work well i will try and do a review to post them.

He used to sell an 8 deck version. Although they discontinued the product because the overseas shipping was $28 for that alone.

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It's up to you if you want to buy indiviual or from E. If you buy individ. you can get it from alex's sale or you can spend about $400 to get that along with other products. Totally up to you and how much you want to spend.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
It's up to you if you want to buy indiviual or from E. If you buy individ. you can get it from alex's sale or you can spend about $400 to get that along with other products. Totally up to you and how much you want to spend.

yeah good point

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't know what the quality of this guys cases are like. But he doesnt live in the U.S. so shipping may be expensive and the cases themselves are pretty expensive

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 09:01:47 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I don't know what the quality of this guys cases are like. But he doesnt live in the U.S. so shipping may be expensive and the cases themselves are pretty expensive

his shipping are 4 dollars for the small case and 8 for the larger ones

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Hmm thats not bad at all. I really wanted one of his uncut sheet ones but shipping was more that the actual thing because its such an odd shape.

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
My most expensive deck is the v6 so no point getting a case for me sigh but id love one n yuh one for my uncuts wud b nice too

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 10:33:39 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

Hmm thats not bad at all. I really wanted one of his uncut sheet ones but shipping was more that the actual thing because its such an odd shape.

Yeah the main thing i was worried about was shipping. But since the shipping is not bad, i am considering purchasing the items.

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 02:36:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
His shipping prices sound ridiculously low for overseas shipping from Singapore.  What shipper - Tortoise Express?
;)

They're not bad.  They're THICK.  I don't like that the decks are held in by the pressure between the two layers of plastic - they'd damage a deck box in a similar manner as the Porper clip does.  I also don't like that the bolts appear to be threaded the entire length - the E briefcase's gold bolts are smooth for the portion of the bolt that's actually inside the case, so the bolt's threads never make contact with the decks during storage.  And storage of this type is BULKY - the cases would eat up shelf real estate fast.  Lastly, if you wanted to store something "museum style" to prevent damage just from ordinary environmental factors like moisture and sunlight, you'd want a case that was enclosed on all sides and preferably using light filters on the glass to reduce UV rays and help prevent sun bleaching, like museum-grade glass displays.

If they were slightly better designed, they'd be fine for any high-end decks I have.  But how many high-end decks do most people ever have?  A handful at best.  No point in using them for open decks unless they were vintage
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 02:53:02 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
these are acctually nice although i doubt i will ever get any
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
His shipping prices sound ridiculously low for overseas shipping from Singapore.  What shipper - Tortoise Express?
 ;)

They're not bad.  They're THICK.  I don't like that the decks are held in by the pressure between the two layers of plastic - they'd damage a deck box in a similar manner as the Porper clip does.  I also don't like that the bolts appear to be threaded the entire length - the E briefcase's gold bolts are smooth for the portion of the bolt that's actually inside the case, so the bolt's threads never make contact with the decks during storage.  And storage of this type is BULKY - the cases would eat up shelf real estate fast.  Lastly, if you wanted to store something "museum style" to prevent damage just from ordinary environmental factors like moisture and sunlight, you'd want a case that was enclosed on all sides and preferably using light filters on the glass to reduce UV rays and help prevent sun bleaching, like museum-grade glass displays.

If they were slightly better designed, they'd be fine for any high-end decks I have.  But how many high-end decks do most people ever have?  A handful at best.  No point in using them for open decks unless they were vintage

You have some really good valid points there!

I purchased a few, for the simple idea of display at my work for conversation pieces. 

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 04:05:53 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
omg i am so lucky i live in singapore !! so it very easy to buy from them .. but i have not really decide to buy from them yet since i dun have any rare deck

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I received my lucite cases in the mail today and put them together. I have to say I am very much enjoying them!

I will have pictures up later after they upload to my computer!

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I received my lucite cases in the mail today and put them together. I have to say I am very much enjoying them!

I would love to see pictures and maybe a review if you have time!  :D

I am thinking of getting a few for my nicer decks. I would love to put one of my Tungstene decks, my gold monarchs, smoke and mirrors, vortex, and a few others in to a nice case. I really look forward to your pictures!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

I would love to see pictures and maybe a review if you have time!  :D

I am thinking of getting a few for my nicer decks. I would love to put one of my Tungstene decks, my gold monarchs, smoke and mirrors, vortex, and a few others in to a nice case. I really look forward to your pictures!

The video is taken forever! But the pictures are at the following link:

http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz35/ZatchMudd/Discardsing/

I will post the video link as soon as it is completed

EDIT: Here is the video!
http://youtu.be/--cTmnntDA8
sorry im not the best at reviews.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:24:06 PM by Curt »

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Here is the video!

I was just expecting pics! But a video review is even better! Thanks for posting it

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Here is the video!

I was just expecting pics! But a video review is even better! Thanks for posting it

no problem i really like them!

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
very nice review ..make it want to get them more ..if i am not wrong you win 1 brick of ltd right .. maybe buy the 1 brick of cases and put the deck in defintely will look nice

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
i was considering that! I very well might!