You are Here:
White Monarchs by T11 (White Gold Monarchs)

Author (Read 43713 times)

Re: Theory11 White Monarch
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2012, 10:59:19 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I had them in my cart, then checked out and clicked the complete order button and it said it was sold out. That was after an hour of waiting!
I'm really disappointed in T11 and how they're handling this.

Didn't you already get some last week?
No, I wasn't able to make it to the first release.

« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Please try and keep this thread to discussion about the white monarch deck itself, and not resellers. When the forum was first created, I made a thread to discuss resellers so any conversations about them can be carried on there.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=77.0

« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2012, 12:33:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The big thing that's got me busting a gut laughing is the review section for this deck at T11.  People are writing reviews who don't even have the deck yet!  They're gushing worse than anything T11 ever said about the first Monarchs release.  And they've only seen PHOTOGRAPHS!

I much prefer E's solution to this - the "Verified Buyer" tag.  If you bought something at E and write a review for it, they verify that you bought it to show you're not just being a goofy-headed fanboy who's about to cream his pants.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2012, 07:21:27 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
On the white monarchs page it now states that the next release window date is to be announced shortly.
UC

« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2012, 10:13:01 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member
It will be good when the white monarch BS subsides so we can move on to the next card release fiasco and put up another thread saying the same things with a different card name.

« Reply #230 on: June 04, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It will be good when the white monarch BS subsides so we can move on to the next card release fiasco and put up another thread saying the same things with a different card name.

Now THAT is too funny...  :)  Maybe we can simply copy this thread and replace the deck and company name!  It really would save a lot of time and effort!

« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
The big thing that's got me busting a gut laughing is the review section for this deck at T11.  People are writing reviews who don't even have the deck yet!  They're gushing worse than anything T11 ever said about the first Monarchs release.  And they've only seen PHOTOGRAPHS!

But Don, think for a moment.  We know what a card feels like and how it will handle before it is made. (Stock\Finish ...) there are no surprises.  The only difference in USPCC cards made recently is the artistry (or lack there of).  SO if we have acurate pictures of the artwork, why not invent positive reviews before the fact.  Perhaps the reviews could be good enough that free decks would be given to the reviewers??

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:51:22 PM by jriffel »

« Reply #232 on: June 04, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Not all decks handle the same way. First of all there are a couple different stock/finish combinations on the market, and 2 decks with the same combo don't always handle the same way depending on the ink amount.

« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2012, 06:31:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

But Don, think for a moment.  We know what a card feels like and how it will handle before it is made. (Stock\Finish ...) there are no surprises.  The only difference in USPCC cards made recently is the artistry (or lack there of).  SO if we have acurate pictures of the artwork, why not invent positive reviews before the fact.  Perhaps the reviews could be good enough that free decks would be given to the reviewers??

T11 doesn't offer ANY rewards for making positive or negative comments.

Most USPC cards have great handling fresh out of the box, but there are differences.  It doesn't matter if you know the stock and finish - stocks and finishes can handle differently from deck to deck due to factors like how the paper was stored and the amount and type of ink.  Aristocrat 727 reprints and Tally Ho decks are both made with exactly the same stock and finish - but they don't handle the same by a longshot.

So writing a review of a deck of cards you don't possess is about as good as a blind man offering a review of a photograph or a review of a restaurant written by someone with zero sense of smell or taste.

« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2012, 10:23:15 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I take it there not doing another White Monarch release today since there hasnt been much talk about it...?
- Adam

« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
No, they are no next release date yet.

« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2012, 12:54:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I take it there not doing another White Monarch release today since there hasnt been much talk about it...?

They had originally said it would be this Friday (yesterday, since it's past midnight here in the Eastern Daylight Zone of the US).  But within a few days, they changed the release date to "to be announced shortly", and that's been up ever since.

This is actually a good thing.  It appears they're taking the time and trouble to be certain that they get it right this time.  Let's hope so, though there is that old adage about military plans usually lasting about five or less minutes from when the battle begins.  They thought they were ready the last two times, and wildly underestimated the demand.

« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Theory 11 post a message on their forum :

Time for the results! Drumroll please... the correct answer of the number of cards inside the box is... 50! I just counted and recounted again to make sure the number was correct. Our winner tonight, taking home a sealed, rare deck of White Monarch's is Ivensor. Congrats! Submit a message to our support crew with your address to redeem your prize!

To everyone else, thanks for posting and stay tuned to another White Monarch giveaway next Saturday. We have FIVE releases planned over the next four weeks, so get ready for some action!

Do they mean they are going to release the White Monarch 5 more round ?

« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2012, 05:41:47 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Theory 11 post a message on their forum :

Time for the results! Drumroll please... the correct answer of the number of cards inside the box is... 50! I just counted and recounted again to make sure the number was correct. Our winner tonight, taking home a sealed, rare deck of White Monarch's is Ivensor. Congrats! Submit a message to our support crew with your address to redeem your prize!

To everyone else, thanks for posting and stay tuned to another White Monarch giveaway next Saturday. We have FIVE releases planned over the next four weeks, so get ready for some action!

Do they mean they are going to release the White Monarch 5 more round ?

No, I don't think so. Remember Rebels are going to be hot off the press and I heard something about Daniel Madison. maybe even Andrei Jihk's Genesis vol.3 will be released. I do expect though that theory11 rerelease the White Monarchs
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2012, 06:39:31 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
On this week's Exposé, Zach mentioned that there would be a bunch of releases on June 22nd and he also said that there may be a release of White Monarchs!

« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2012, 02:43:25 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
On this week's Exposé, Zach mentioned that there would be a bunch of releases on June 22nd and he also said that there may be a release of White Monarchs!
#hype + crash guaranteed... What kind of info is this: "there maybe a release". T11, will there be one, yes or no?

« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2012, 02:54:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
#hype + crash guaranteed... What kind of info is this: "there maybe a release". T11, will there be one, yes or no?

It's nonsense, IMHO.  Zach's more known for his antics than his accuracy.

The White Monarchs pages still states "to be announced shortly".  This could become something more like the Gold Monarchs release - I didn't even hear about it until it was already over by a day.  They might spring open a window with very short notice, let it run 'til sold out and close it.

Bloody annoying is what it really is.  I suggested they should just sell them on Amazon - the amount of traffic that crashed their site wouldn't even create a blip on Jeff Bezos' radar, so the Amazon site wouldn't crash.

« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »

Mago

i think they are going to released them at one point but they wont put a time. that way the servers didnt crash.
"A deck of cards is  like a bottle of wine the older the better"!!!!

« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2012, 12:57:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
i think they are going to released them at one point but they wont put a time. that way the servers didnt crash.

Now that's insanity.  Excellent way to piss off customers.

"OK, people, we ARE going to sell these decks - but it could be at ANY time.  Please keep refreshing your browser window about every five minutes [the masses will interpret this as "every five seconds"] and, if you're unemployed, never sleep and are lucky, perhaps you, too, will own a deck of these babies!"

It would be the Internet equivalent of a riot on their hands from everyone who IS employed, DOES sleep and appears to have been unlucky, at least as far as getting White Monarchs is concerned.  Not to mention that there will be people who, either by enlisting assistants or writing a clever script, WILL refresh their browser every five seconds!  I'm thinking this would be pretty stressful for their servers...

« Reply #244 on: June 19, 2012, 05:37:20 AM »

Mago

Now that's insanity.  Excellent way to piss off customers.

"OK, people, we ARE going to sell these decks - but it could be at ANY time.  Please keep refreshing your browser window about every five minutes [the masses will interpret this as "every five seconds"] and, if you're unemployed, never sleep and are lucky, perhaps you, too, will own a deck of these babies!"

It would be the Internet equivalent of a riot on their hands from everyone who IS employed, DOES sleep and appears to have been unlucky, at least as far as getting White Monarchs is concerned.  Not to mention that there will be people who, either by enlisting assistants or writing a clever script, WILL refresh their browser every five seconds!  I'm thinking this would be pretty stressful for their servers...
I think theory11 is at a point where ppl are going to be mad no matter what happens . Unless they spend a lot of money upgrading there servers. Which i didnt think they would, just for one released when on a normal base there website is fine. They should just released them on a price tiers. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

« Reply #245 on: June 19, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Here's a screenshot from instagram, looks like jb will be announcing a time or a how we can get them today.
UC

« Reply #246 on: June 19, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »

Mago

see i knew they would do it as a price tier. Where there you go ppl spend 50 and get a free white monarch and 100 and get a uncut sheet and a free white monarch!!!!!!!  http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?36790-SIX-New-Releases-Free-White-Monarchs-Friday!

« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
see i knew they would do it as a price tier. Where there you go ppl spend 50 and get a free white monarch and 100 and get a uncut sheet and a free white monarch!!!!!!!  http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?36790-SIX-New-Releases-Free-White-Monarchs-Friday!
Count me in!!  I'm game!!
- Adam

« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2012, 07:13:41 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Guess who is makeing a $100 order ;)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2012, 07:29:47 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Haha oh man people who bought these for the 60 bucks on Ebay must be kicking themselves right now!! And the people who sold them are making out like fat cats because now they take there 60 dollars, get another white monarch and basically 50 dollars worth of other playing cards and other magic stuff! Don't you guys love how the playing card community works?? I definitely think this is the right route for theory 11 to go on though. Now its not about who has the fastest computer, or who has the fastest fingers,, but now its about what it should be about, WHO HAS THE MOST MONEY!