You are Here:
V5 misprint

Author (Read 7583 times)

Re: V5 misprint
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Auction is up to $40 now. Reserve is still not met (is the seller crazy?)

Now I wonder how much my Jaqk deck would go for.

Yeah it's getting up there!! I'm curious how much the seller thinks this is worth.
@Alex do you have a misprinted JAQK deck?
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

Yeah it's getting up there!! I'm curious how much the seller thinks this is worth.
Yes he did. He mentioned it in an earlier post that he had one.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Yes he did. He mentioned it in an earlier post that he had one.

Oh shoot I must have missed that, my bad! I would love to see some pictures of that! The Jaqk deck is by far one of my favorite decks.

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:01 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I don't think the seller actually believes these are worth anything. I just think he's trying to make some extra money.

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I don't think the seller actually believes these are worth anything. I just think he's trying to make some extra money.

He's gotta think they are worth something! They are unique and even many of us said they were worth a little more than a normal V5 (not all of us). I was guessing he thought they were worth a tidy sum, which I don't think they are.

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 11:26:14 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
This reminds me of the guy (I think was either Curt or CBJ) who got the black crown deck with one of the cards in front of the tuck-box flap. It isn't necessarily worth any more, but it is kinda neat and cool to own.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:59 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
This reminds me of the guy (I think was either Curt or CBJ) who got the black crown deck with one of the cards in front of the tuck-box flap. It isn't necessarily worth any more, but it is kinda neat and cool to own.
Wow, I've never heard of that! That must be really fun for a rising card effect!

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Wow, I've never heard of that! That must be really fun for a rising card effect!

Except once you use it you lose a cool piece of your collection, and it can only be used once, and I don't see how you could make a card rise from that.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 12:19:39 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Except once you use it you lose a cool piece of your collection, and it can only be used once, and I don't see how you could make a card rise from that.
You can do a cool card to pocket effect, force a card, and "pull" a card out of a sealed deck and reveal it was their selection. You can just reseal a deck and do the same effect, though.

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Here is a link the my thread of the black crown with the card misplaced.
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1253.msg19050#msg19050

Although, I think this v5 misprint is much cooler than having a card accidentally being outside the tuck flap, but I am not complaining.

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 06:21:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
There was this trick that Alex Pandrea told me about at the party.  My deck has a six (I think of spades) that was cut severely off-center.  He mentioned there's an illusion that makes it look like you're moving the print on the card off-center - using my "defective" card as the gaff for that trick would allow me to hand it out for inspection afterwards!

So aside from gaff value, I don't see defective cards/decks/boxes/etc. as having a premium value over a regular deck.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 01:29:50 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
for me something that is mis printed is one of a kind. You can always find standard bike decks, what about the one that has a few cards messed up, its now one of a kind, in my eyes i would love to have one, for that price though i think not.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
for me something that is mis printed is one of a kind. You can always find standard bike decks, what about the one that has a few cards messed up, its now one of a kind, in my eyes i would love to have one, for that price though i think not.

Exactly!! That's why people think it's worth more, because there most likely ins't another like it! I would pay a little extra for a one of a kind deck, but not that much  ???

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 12:20:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The seller's trying to create value by pushing the rarity of the defect.  The fact that it's been bid this high and the reserve hasn't been met is a good sign that this seller had huge dollar signs in his eyes, once he got over the fact that his deck was defective.

It's kind of odd to me, though.  Aren't the decks hand-packed into bricks and boxes?  Wouldn't this have been caught by USPC?  It's either the tuck sheet shifted when it was folded into a box (less likely, since I think it would not really form into a box, just an open mess) or that the tuck sheet was a little off-center when being cut (more likely).  That would mean that this deck may be "rare" but not exactly one-of-a-kind, either - all the other boxes on that sheet would have the same defect.  I can see a card defect getting missed, since packing the cards into boxes at USPC is completely automated, but once they've been made, I'd think someone in QC would have spotted something.  Unless they are also automatically packed into bricks as well, of course.  And even with an automated process, aren't the new facilities equipped with laser sensors to detect off-center prints and cuts?

Someone with a more intimate knowledge than me would be able to answer these questions better than I could.

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 12:33:55 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
It has been relisted with a Buy It Now price of $125, no bidding.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160752511123#ht_500wt_1287
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 12:38:20 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I have an Infinity deck thats off center too, and the silver foil is a bit off.  It's not as dramatic as the one here.

He'll sell it for a profit, no doubt about that.  Remember misprinted coins were worthless until a few people started collecting them.  As with all 'value', it is in the eye of the beholder, even currency.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 01:01:37 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
he obviously trying to make a profit .. he listing the v5 for 125

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 04:13:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It has been relisted with a Buy It Now price of $125, no bidding.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160752511123#ht_500wt_1287

I'm guessing he wasn't seeing his reserve even close to being met.  Now it's at a nearly down-to-earth price.

I have an Infinity deck thats off center too, and the silver foil is a bit off.  It's not as dramatic as the one here.

He'll sell it for a profit, no doubt about that.  Remember misprinted coins were worthless until a few people started collecting them.  As with all 'value', it is in the eye of the beholder, even currency.

This is indeed very true.  But the numbers he's looking for - it's like he's trying to create a misprint market single-handedly.  His eye seems to be beholding it at a far higher price than most others!

I'm still hoping to win one of his other auctions - S&M v2-6, with the v4 without the deck seal.

Wow, really?!?  I might never have known that - unless of course I saw the post two before yours and READ IT THERE FIRST!

I don't think Aaron has an opening for a parrot on his crew, either, Hawjinjian.  Stop molting already!

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 05:04:22 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I'm not surprised to see this get relisted at a slightly more reasonable price. I'd still be surprised to see it go. Only time will tell haha

Wow, really?!?  I might never have known that - unless of course I saw the post two before yours and READ IT THERE FIRST!

I don't think Aaron has an opening for a parrot on his crew, either, Hawjinjian.  Stop molting already!
Honestly can you two please take this to a PM or the lolaq. I'm getting really sick of seeing you two go at it. It's just destroying threads for me. If you have a problem settle it somewhere else!

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 05:34:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Yeah I'm not surprised to see this get relisted at a slightly more reasonable price. I'd still be surprised to see it go. Only time will tell haha

I'm in agreement with you on that.  Even the current price is just too high.  He should just put it out there at some reasonable price - whatever an unaltered deck is going for - and watch the bidders handle the market adjustments of its value for him rather than trying to artificially manipulate them.

Honestly can you two please take this to a PM or the lolaq. I'm getting really sick of seeing you two go at it. It's just destroying threads for me. If you have a problem settle it somewhere else!

I apologize if this is hampering your experience, but I'm getting fed up with his lazy posts.  He spouts off unrelated nonsense or something that someone just said only a short while earlier.  At least when I'm making my responses to him, I'm making an effort to include real post information in there as well, and not posting just for the sake of being fed up with him.

I'll try to rein it in.  I just hope he opts to do the same, but I'm not counting on it.  I'd be happy to be proved wrong!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:35:59 AM by Don Boyer »